1. 1. Greatest Album of All Time - Poll

• Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    • Beatles - Sgt. Peppers
    • Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
    • Led Zeppelin - 4
    • The Who - Who's Next
    • Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    • Radiohead - OK Computer
    • Michael Jackson - Thriller (are you joking?)
    • The Doors - The Doors
    • Britney Spears - Ops I did it again!

I think you need an option in the poll for "none of the above".

My personal favorite is DEMANUfACTURE - Fear Factory.

Damn those guys rock. :D

Angeldust - Faith No More is a close second. ;)

Greetz

I went for Rumours, but my #1 choice isn't there - U2 Achtung Baby.

Other albums I rate highly are U2 - The Joshua Tree, Kula Shaker - PP&A, Enigma - All :), Pat Benator - Gravity's Rainbow, Pink Floyd - The Wall and Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygen.

Of course you can't list all the best albums, I guess the choices you put up are a good selection.

ok, i don't understand how Michael Jackson - Thriller is ranked any where near Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album.... it IS the best album of all time... nothing else comes near it... And what the heck is radiohead even doing on the list?

cypress hill - black sunday rocks...it's old i know but it's a masterpiece

prodigy...well almost everything from them is great

but hey, none of these are on the poll, so i voted for michael jackson -thriller...man he was damn good, the king of pop:)

Its got to be Pink's Dark Side of the Moon although LedZep's 4 is a pretty close 2nd (hey, Stairway To Heaven IS the all-time best song IMHO). Mac's Rumours is pretty cool too (i used to have the hots for Stevie Nicks once-upon-a-time.:D ).

I'd actually like MJ's Thriller to NOT be listed but be replaced with Eagle's Hotel California. Now THAT'S another great one.:D

MJ is still goin strong after such a long run. Every one of his albums are great.

But as for best album, I'm putting it up for 'Linkin Park - [Hybrid Theory]'. It's one of those albums where EVERY SONG is hellsa good and you can keep listening to them and find new meaning. It's already been on the Billboards for 67 weeks, and is STILL #3!!!

...can't wait till their 2nd album comes out.

~joseph:evil:

Originally posted by DisinfectedDuck  

I'd say The Velvet Underground & Nico, but it's not in the list.

I chose Sgt Pepper because of the effect it had (Although I like Dark Side Of The Moon better).

I pretty much agree with you. Not necessarily VU & Nico (although i love that album) but in voting for Sgt Pepper. I prefer DSOTM, or Who's Next but since it's a flawed list to begin with, i had to pick SP by default. Even though i don't think that SP is even the Beatles best album (probably Revolver) Pepper influenced every R&R album that came after it.

You should have had a none of the above option.

Ok now I am not a Michael Jackson fan, but to deny Thriller as being the greatest album is silly. Pink Floyd can deffinetly hold a candle to Thriller since they were Top 100 for many years with that one record. Thriller had 7 of its 9 tracks as #1 hits, music awards up the you know what, and just a revolution defining piece of work. And people who said The Prodigy, or any other techno ****, your dumb as hell. That is not music, it is just sounds made by synthesizers with no vocals. You are not a band if you can just put in a cd and say you played live. Opinions are opinions, yours just suck. Radiohead was ok, Tool had a great album and thats about it. Nothing in the last 5 years could or should be considered as 'The Greatest'.

Ok now I am not a Michael Jackson fan, but to deny Thriller as being the greatest album is silly. Pink Floyd can deffinetly hold a candle to Thriller since they were Top 100 for many years with that one record. Thriller had 7 of its 9 tracks as #1 hits, music awards up the you know what, and just a revolution defining piece of work.

Now i have to agree with that totally. Michael Jackson's work 'was' very revolutionary.

Well...but if you listen to some songs like diesel power(or is it?) or firestarter, maybe not it..but something similar..there were lyrics in some songs...and i cannot deny, i liked them alot.