MSN Messenger Annoyances

Originally posted by DigitalResource

people talking in caps lock, people using addons that changes their msn name all the time. No problem with the addins since it's easy to disable the banner!

heh give me the info plz :)

Use of e-mail addy as screenname sucks because maybe it's me but it's easier to remember a screenname than e-mail addresses. Maybe it would be better if a users entire Windows Address book was stored online, but it stinks that you have to recall everyone's e-mail addy that you wish to talk with whenever it comes time to throw the ole system down and bring it back up. Also, Windows Messenger does disconnect you alot, and you don't even know that you've been disconnected. You just keep typing away and never get responses. They should drop the whole "add-ins" bullsh*t and make the "add-ins" a part of the program and not have nemore advertisements. After that THEN they should make the software an integral part of Windows and push competitors like AOL-IM, ICQ, etc. out of the market instead of shoving this underdeveloped client down our throats.

Originally posted by Xcalibur

getting disconnected every 20 mins... even though u can still chat and stay logged in.

Holy frig! I had a similar problem once with my dial-up until January, when I got high speed!

People who repeatly go online/offline each half a second to **** off other contacts with the nickname they choose.

And the annoying scrollbar bug that MS have failed to fix in 4.x (still using 3.6 here lol)

Originally posted by King Mustard

What scrollbar bug? Any screenshots

You can't really take a screenshot. If you scroll up to read some messages you missed, then scroll back down, you'll find that it will no longer scroll down automatically like it usually does when a person types a new message. That's the scrollbar bug, and funnily enough, only a few of us are noticing it. Maybe everyone's style of using Messenger is different... :paranoid:

hmm, the viruses that used to spread on there some time ago, the messages saying that msn mess is gonna be shut down in 5 min, the buggyness of it on 98, the sounds, no support for emails on non @msn/@hotmail addies, very few features compared to icq, no skin support, the "too big" emoticons

'the viruses that used to spread on there some time ago'

That was an IE exploit.

'the messages saying that msn mess is gonna be shut down in 5 min'

Which rarely happens (I'm on 24/7 and I hardly get that message)

'the buggyness of it on 98'

I wouldn't know. 98 is a crappy crashing kernel anyway.

'the sounds'

Turn them off then.

'no support for emails on non @msn/@hotmail addies'

Hmm.. is it by magic that I'm using an ISP email addy on Messenger? wowee!

'very few features compared to icq'

Which is good. no Bloatware

'no skin support'

Yes there is.

'the "too big" emoticons'

Turn them off then.

Originally posted by AaronXP

And the annoying scrollbar bug that MS have failed to fix in 4.x (still using 3.6 here lol)

They have fixed it in 4.6.0076. Well, it says fixed in the bigfix list and it works for me anyway.