Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Longhorn Systray Clock

1,142 posts in this topic

Posted

No sources -- no Vista version.... Unfortunately

Posted

Is this sofware still being actively developed? I notice that the latest version is 2004. Can the developer be contacted? This is a nice piece of work. It would be a pity if it were abandoned.

Posted

Only activity I can see is being included in the Vista Transformation Pack but other than that it would like it's dead.

Posted

[quote name='Deavy' post='588956258' date='Oct 30 2007, 10:15']No sources -- no Vista version.... Unfortunately[/quote]

If this software is truly dead, and its author burried, and cannot be contacted, then it is a fair game. It should be possible to decompile (or disassemble) it, and develop it further. It is a very small file, so decompiling it should not be a big problem.

Posted

Hi people of neowin,

I'm new on here and hope you guys like new comers and I'll introduce me in the right section later.

I used LClock and I love it, but recently I changed my windows x32bit to x64bit, and Lclcok doesn't work. Is there any version for x64bit? Thanks!

Posted

It's very nice replacement. It would be great if alert and several world times(when pointing tray clock) are inside the LClock.

Posted

Hey, LClock starts on boot, but then it disappears after all my programs start.
I have it added to my startup folder/registry, deleting it off the registry then readding it, reintalled, deleted .ini files; nothing worked.

To be exact, I ran all the programs i do alongside lclock, but I switched firewalls from Norton to Comodo but stopped using Comodo immediately because of the problems it caused, so it has broken LClock. I now run ZoneAlarm but this problem was happening before I had installed ZoneAlarm.

I run my printer monitor, Live Messenger, Yahoo! Widgets, a calendar program, Mobile Syncing program, AVG, Firefox preloader, Object Dock, ZoneAlarm and PS Tray Factory. Windows XP themed; but as I said, I had run LClock with no issue beforehand, so I chock it down to Comodo, also it clashed with some other programs of mine.

Some assistance would be fantastic thanks.

Posted

What made Microsoft abandon using this new style of clock as seen in the original Longhorn build of Vista and decide to carry on using the crap basic version they've continued to use for the past gawd knows how many years?

Posted

I use atomic alarm clock, great program.

Posted

[quote name=']EGG[' post='590803812' date='Apr 4 2009, 00:38']
What made Microsoft abandon using this new style of clock as seen in the original Longhorn build of Vista and decide to carry on using the crap basic version they've continued to use for the past gawd knows how many years?[/quote]

Who knows, maybe it's back in Windows 7

Posted

[url="http://pret-auto.org"][color="#FFFFFF"][u]pret auto[/u][/color][/url]
Hi you guys.
I'm new one,too. Hope you guys a nice Saturday :yes: :whistle:

Posted

still using this, been using this since the initial release. great app

even works great in windows 7

Posted

Very cool! If you add an alarm feature would be the coolest Clock for Windows!

Posted

Beware guys, the calendar is not to be trusted!

Currently it is [b]Monday[/b] 31 August, but when I open the calendar, the date "31" is shown as Tuesday!!!

I PM'd the author through this forum, but haven't had a reply.

Posted

Hey guys the LC64.rar file is not found :/. Can anyone please re-upload it so I can use it on my xp64 bit OS. Thanks guys

Posted

[quote name='daxliniere' post='591514768' date='Aug 31 2009, 08:49']Beware guys, the calendar is not to be trusted!

Currently it is [b]Monday[/b] 31 August, but when I open the calendar, the date "31" is shown as Tuesday!!!

I PM'd the author through this forum, but haven't had a reply.[/quote]

I have never had any problem with the calendar.

Posted

[i]Thread Closed[/i]