Longhorn Systray Clock

Excellent app! :D

I only have one request: I use this app because I run my computer as a limited user. Now, the installation script copies a .cpl file to %windows%/system32. Ok, I have no problem with that (although it would be convenient to be able to install as a limited user)... just install as admin right? Well, when I do install as admin, I can run the app as a limited user, but I can't configure anything - only admin can. the limited user account can't even open the "Change properties" app. When I set the perms for the .cpl app so that limited users can access it, I can now open the properties window as a limited user, but I still can't save anything ... even thou limited users can edit the config files. I am wondering if this could be fixed. For now ... I manually change the perms or run the config as admin.

Also ... it would be nice if different users had different config files.

finally! a usable calender and cool clock for XP. and low memory usage to boot!

one suggestion: when viewing the calendar, if a balloon pops, when reading a note on a certain day, reset the auto-close timer. as it is now i can only read a few notes before the calendar closes on me!

also, let us change the color of the bullet that indicates day-notes. i didn't see it in there.

very cool tho.

finally! a usable calender and cool clock for XP. and low memory usage to boot!

one suggestion: when viewing the calendar, if a balloon pops, when reading a note on a certain day, reset the auto-close timer. as it is now i can only read a few notes before the calendar closes on me!

also, let us change the color of the bullet that indicates day-notes. i didn't see it in there.

very cool tho.

Great clock! Love the fact that it uses only like 340k! Is a new version coming anytime soon? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great application i have looked in the option but cant seem to find a option for a reminder to pop-up at every start up. Is it there if so were? if not i would love to have that option in the next release.

Is there going to be another version by the way or is that it for the clock, i mean the latest version was released over a year ago now.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great little add-on. I really like it a lot better than the default Windows "date and time". The only improvement that I could see helping this, would be to be able to set the clock to chime at certain intervals....like every half hour or every hour. Were it possible to do this, and just use a .wav for the chime sound, it would allow a lot of easy customization of that feature by useres. Also, the ability to set reminders is a nice touch, but having the ability to set an alarm would also be helpful....again with something basic like a .wav file for the alarm sound, giving users the ability to easily customize that as well.

Whoah! Long time no updates. :o

But still I use it. It's very useful as a reminder. Should be renamed as Longhorn is not anymore. And I don't think that this kind of clock will be in Vista. Correct?

• 3 weeks later...

is there any way to show the day of week with 3 characters instead of just 2? I mean i want to see ''SUN'' under the minute instead of ''SU''

I've seached for it but i couldn't find.. thanx in advance.

is there any way to show the day of week with 3 characters instead of just 2? I mean i want to see ''SUN'' under the minute instead of ''SU''

I've seached for it but i couldn't find.. thanx in advance.

right click lclock, go to lclock properties and edit this:

SU/MO/TU/WE/TH/FR/SA

enable it.

right click lclock, go to lclock properties and edit this:

SU/MO/TU/WE/TH/FR/SA

enable it.

I've already done that but it still shows only 2 characters.. thanks anyway.

THX for your great work. Till yesterday I used TClock. LClock is really fantastic. I love it!

Just a wish: Is it possible to ad the week in the calender view?

I think this app is no longer in development...

THX for your great work. Till yesterday I used TClock. LClock is really fantastic. I love it!

Just a wish: Is it possible to ad the week in the calender view?

I've been following this program since its development, and i think that your request was one of the most asked for features. Not too sure why it was never implemented.

Unfortunately as :No-Frost: said, i dont think RCube has worked on this app any more. Its not looking like he's going to either :(

Still not too shabby as is though :)

Stumbled across this during Nov 2005 and love it to bits. I love bits of code that are small and compact, yet packed with functionality. Low mem usage have made this program into one of my main essentials apps for XP.

Strongly doubt it needs updates anyway, and am sure we wont see any but does it need any? lol