New KaZaa Version 1.5.1 !! OUT!!

Thought some of you might be interested... The new version of KaZaa is out and features a search Engine that better searches the mass numbers of files...

- Primalgoo

Well bluddey hell, I was about to inform everyone of this update, lucky I read before I posted

KaZaA 1.5.1

---------------

It's designed for faster searches because over the past week more and more users have turned to KaZaA because of Morpheus being offline and not connecting to the correct network, so the servers are kinda' filling up. Luckily this update will sort that little problem out :cool: ;)

Update text said:

KAZAA UPDATE

Move into the fastlane and download the latest KaZaA Expansion Pack! v1.5.1 features a p2p search engine that is tuned for the huge surge in the number of KMD users over the past week. As more users upgrade the faster your KMD will become.

When you press YES below, your enhanced KaZaA Media Desktop will be downloaded. When delivered, your KMD will let you know it is ready to install.

i'll stay away from updates for now...i'm slowly losing my trust in fasttrack and what they are doing in the background

After installaing new Kazaa, and removing the BDE thing (movie viewer or something, the name escapes me), I simply overwrote the cd_clint.dll that the new Kazaa 1.5.1 installed with the backup I created of the original ad-less cd_clint.dll before the install and it all worked fine. To get it to work properly, you MUST run Kazaa at least ONCE before replacing the cd_clint.dll, it installs it on first run after installation. Here's a snippet from Ad-Aware run right after Kazaa was restarted (please keep in mind that this was only a Memory/Current Process scan):

#:32 (kazaa.exe)

PathtowhereKaZaAisinstalled

ThreadCreationTime:3/6/2002 6:57:12 AM

BasePriority :Normal

FileSize : 1935 kb

FileCreation time : 12/14/2001 10:44:00 PM

Last accessed : 3/6/2002 3:02:13 AM

Build : 1.5.0.1

Description:KaZaA Media Desktop

Version:1, 5, 0, 1

ProductName:KaZaA Media Desktop

Scan complete

==============

Suspicious modules found:0

Suspicious keys found :0

Suspicious folders found:0

Suspicious files found:0

=========================

Spyware components ignored:0

Spyware components found total:0

[EDIT]

Quick Registry scan revealed:

Started registry scan

======================

Cydoor key:HKEY_CURRENT_USERsoftwarecydoor

Cydoor key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEsoftwarecydoor

Cydoor key:HKEY_CURRENT_USERsoftwarecydoor services

Registry scan result:

Suspicious keys found :3

[/EDIT]

Results from a complete scan will follow tomorrow, it's 3AM here and I need sleep, hehe.

PiMPiN

KaZaA & anyone who uses their services is getting r4p3d in the 4ss....Learn your IRC folks. Either poop or get off the pot...