Photo

Foobar2000 Customization Topic

• Please log in to reply
8233 replies to this topic

#8176 Zer0_II

Zer0_II

X

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:50

Could someone please direct me to a up-to-date guide to customizing Foobar for a complete noob? Most of the sites I have been to assume that you are already familiar with several component, and/or have a strong scripting knowledge. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with either. I've also noticed several veterans talking to newbies who are trying to learn the ropes in a very condescending manner. I would like to find an up-to-date guide that doesn't make any assumptions regarding the aforementioned topics, and thoroughly covers how to customize foobar in an easy to understand, step-by-step manner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#8177 Natasha

Natasha

Neowinian

Posted 25 February 2011 - 16:12

You might wanna start here:

N.

#8178 twist

twist

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:21

anyone know of a notifier that works in full screen games (rift to be exact) that will tell me the name of the track playing? tried osd, popup plus, pretty popup. none of them would work when the game was maximized :/

#8179 houlty

houlty

Patient 67

Posted 16 March 2011 - 20:24

is there any grid view plugin for album art???

currently using columns ui, but i don't know if it's possible to to view covers on a cover wall/grid. looking at album covers rreminds me quicker of albums/songs that i've not listened to for too long.

#8180 marc2003

marc2003

Neowinian

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:18

add EsPlaylist to your layout and then configure it to show your entire library (rather than follow the active playlist which it does by default)

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#esp

#8181 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:43

I took some time to update my foobar2000 layout again. I think it actually looks pretty good now. I previously had Artist / Album filters on the left, replaced that with Album List Panel and Lyric Show. Items that were previously panels I moved to the toolbar to give them the nice blue background. I changed the toolbar icons to follow a basic gray color scheme. I changed the background color of the seekbar so it matches and appears seamless, and I changed the waveform to black and Direct3D 9 which looks much nicer.

foobar2000.png

#8182 AgusL

AgusL

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:18

is there any grid view plugin for album art???

currently using columns ui, but i don't know if it's possible to to view covers on a cover wall/grid. looking at album covers rreminds me quicker of albums/songs that i've not listened to for too long.

Graphical Browser

#8183 Caspid

Caspid

Neowinian

Posted 22 April 2011 - 18:49

Posted Image

#8184 Sranshaft

Sranshaft

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2011 - 14:28

I spent a couple of hours last night reorganizing my layout. I wish it were prettier, but WSH Panel and ELPlaylist are beyond me.

What component are you using for the Artist / Album lists in that screenshot? I assume it's not Facets because that's what I'm using and it doesn't look like that. I really like that whatever component you're using looks native. Care to help me out? :)

#8185 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

Posted 24 April 2011 - 18:33

What component are you using for the Artist / Album lists in that screenshot? I assume it's not Facets because that's what I'm using and it doesn't look like that. I really like that whatever component you're using looks native. Care to help me out? :)

It's the filters built into Columns UI - http://www.foobar200.../foo_ui_columns

#8186 Sranshaft

Sranshaft

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2011 - 19:48

It's the filters built into Columns UI - http://www.foobar200.../foo_ui_columns

Ah, Columns UI...shame. I'm using Default UI. Thanks for letting me know though.

#8187 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 May 2011 - 16:01

this may be the place to ask but is there anything like this for works for Foobar2000?
Posted Image

this might be a better place.

#8188 acedriver

acedriver

Malaysian

Posted 14 May 2011 - 23:01

this might be a better place.

http://wintense.com/plugins/foo_w7shell

#8189 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 May 2011 - 23:40

it's not the same i want the buttons on the taskbar like it is in the windows minimode.

#8190 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:40

it's not the same i want the buttons on the taskbar like it is in the windows minimode.

There is this, but a lot of the posts seem to suggest its buggy and crashes a lot.

http://www.hydrogena...showtopic=78234