FREE .Net Controls

Question

Hi OOP Mateys,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread that contains locations to FREE .Net controls, so I'll start the ball rolling with the new Power Pack I just found !

The VB.Net Power Pack over at Microsoft is a free download containing 7 new controls including Blending Panels and Notification Windows.

Link : VB.Net Power Pack

The Power Pack can also be used in C# !

They are a great addition to your .Net toolbox and they are free !

Enjoy ! :D

Here's a list of submissions so far . . .

VB Powerpack - Submitted by Large

Divil - Submitted by Large

Dacris NetXP - Submitted by xStainDx

Ziplib - Submitted by D-FENS

ABC Upload & PDF - Submitted by D-FENS

Various Controls - Submitted by quadsoft

Steep Valley Controls - Submitted by Large

AWS Filepicker - Submitted by heathrowe

.Net Tools - Submitted by heathrowe

Edited by Large

Magic UI. The current version requires payment, but the previous versions were free (with source). The best part about this is that it's also free for commercial use.

Docking

Tab Control

Wizard

Menu

Note: All these pages lead to the same download file, but each explains each component.

I have used a few OSS projects in my commercial program (checked the license on each one, they can all be used in commercial applications). I have rounded up everything I have used and put information from them into my SDK (still in progress, but getting closer to release).

Here is the quick list. If you would like to read more about each project, click on the link at the bottom of this entry. That contains links to the project home pages.

Atom.NET (handle Atom feeds, stock version supports 0.3, Xjs.Atom branch adds Atom 1.0 -09 support)

RSS.NET (handle RSS.NET feeds, pretty much every version, Xjs.Rss branch adds Dublin Core (dc:) and various fixes)

HtmlAgilityPack (fix bad html, parse like xml using xpath)

Mvp.Xml (XPathDocument w/InnerXml and OuterXml, XInclude, XPointer, etc.)

SgmlReader (like HtmlAgilityPack, but it has more bugs..., many of which are fixed in Xjs.Sgml)

NetSpell (Spell checker for anything, I use it in my Visual Html control)

CoolDownloader (Batch downloader w/progress bar, Xjs.Downloading includes some CPU use fixes)

edtFTPnet (FTP in .NET)

HtmlEditorControl (WYSIWYG Html editing/viewing, version in XJS embeds a spell checker)

Windows WIA and TWAIN (Scanner support for new and old Windows respectively, I use both. If WIA fails, it tries to use TWAIN)

GlacialControls (embed controls into a listView, like progress bars)

DirectX.Capture (Capture video and save it to file, like from a webcam)

DirectShowLib (Access DirectShow from .NET)

To find out more information on each project, go here:

http://www.xmljournalsystem.com/Documentat.../OSS/index.html

so what do these actually do cause i'm just starting to learn c++ ot a book and that but i need a program to use to prctise and stuff ut i can't get borland c++ to work can anyone help

Ok, I came accross another really good library

The Netron Project (Graphing, diagramming, etc.)

Just click on the link to my SDK above to find out more. The Netron Project is really a top-notch open source project.

Here is a picture of the plugin I adapted from The Netron Project in use:

XjsDiagrammingThumb.png

View Full Size

(Input methods into your journal are extended through plugins)

Hey guys, as I have just released 1.3 of XJS I would like to add 3 more controls that I have used.

MonthCalendar

This is a better version than that which is included in .NET (imo).

MozBar

This is a toolbar-like control that gives you a bar like you find in the Firefox options pane.

XPPanel

This provides a colapsible panel like what you can find on the side of Windows Explorer.

PureComponents NicePanel

http://www.purecomponents.com/products/nicepanel/

"PureComponents NicePanel is container component of active look, which will enrich your applications. NicePanel has header and footer, which widen its usage. Using gradient fill and color schemes you can easily and quickly set nice look, which can be further enhanced with images from integrated Clip Art or from file."

Works with vb.net and c#. It's free but needs registration to get license key.

I think it works with vs 2005 too. :D

VB Guy: Looks nice!

Another release of XJS, another revision of my OSS documentation. I have two new additions, SmartThreadPool and ScheduledTimer.

The other big thing I did was go through all the projects and make sure that no matter what I have some kind of note on the license. Before, there was only a note if I could link to the license (LGPL, etc.). Now, every project has a note about the license. This ranges from a link to the license from the source files. This kind of documentation is very important to me and I am sure others.

Here is the link: OSS from the XJS SDK

Everything in XJS Tools now works in Mono. The last project from XJS Tools to get the re-fitting was the spell checker. Everything does as of Mono 1.1.9.

Hi,

My search for sum free .NET controls brought me here and I must say u ppl hav dun a gr8 job by posting all dose links. Thanks alot !! But its unfortunate that very few of them are for C#. I was lookin 4 da C# version of XPBalloonTip control found in steepvalley.net in particular. I searched a lot but cudnt find any easy-to-use or efficient 1s.

Any sorta help wud b gr8ly appreciated.

Thanx

Hi,

My search for sum free .NET controls brought me here and I must say u ppl hav dun a gr8 job by posting all dose links. Thanks alot !! But its unfortunate that very few of them are for C#. I was lookin 4 da C# version of XPBalloonTip control found in steepvalley.net in particular. I searched a lot but cudnt find any easy-to-use or efficient 1s.

Thanx

that comes standard in VisualStudio 2005. If you're not planning on going to 2005 then uhh.. dunno where to get one :)

edit: huh.. cool controls over there, though. they are all open source. maybe someone will find the time to convert them.

Edited by rev23dev

Hi,

Thanx

Well, if you've got a compiled DLL, and they have not used an obfuscator, fire up trusty reflector and use one of the available add-ins and generate the source in c#. Create a new project and then compile. Easy.

Hi,

Thanx

out of curiousity, what difference does it make if it's written in VB.NET? once it is compiled, the resulting assembly can be used by any .NET application.

hey guys, I am interested in developing free and commercial .Net components.

If you have got any ideas or there is some control\feature you can't find on web contact me , I will develop it ( free ) .

I am interested in developing free components but I don't want to reinvent the wheel(s). Ask me to do something new and creative .

hey guys, I am interested in developing free and commercial .Net components.

If you have got any ideas or there is some control\feature you can't find on web contact me , I will develop it ( free ) .

I am interested in developing free components but I don't want to reinvent the wheel(s). Ask me to do something new and creative .

here is my webpage. You will find some good free components here soon

http://www.itwax.com

Hi,

Thanx

*my eyes* ::they're bleeeding::

why do people type like that?

Here is a great .net components library, available for download for free :

Download Freeware

This freeware is a development tool with 33 .Net components

> you model your operational script graphically

> you test and then generate it in XML format

.Net components are File Management, Find and Replace strings, Word, Excel, Storage Procedure, SQL import/export, Telnet, POP/SMTP, FTP (cathalist, command, Wininet), Log, Ping, Timer, Date control, Variable calculation...

:woot:

- All-graphical configuration

- Native technology control and error-trapping

- Natural language supported for precise, intuitive sequencing control

- Automatic recovery mode

- Remote execution

- Step-by-step validation

- No compiling required

> http://www.paseosoft.com/produits/paseoexpress_tele1.php

> http://www.paseosoft.com

Here is a great .net components library, available for download for free :

Download Freeware

This freeware is a development tool with 33 .Net components

> you model your operational script graphically

> you test and then generate it in XML format

> http://www.paseosoft.com

I forgot its name !!! It's PaseoExpress

because I spend less time with this soft to develop micro scripts developments and I have more time for what I like to do !! :whistle: ===>>>

I recently found a library called "iTextSharp" which you can use from within C# to generate PDF, RTF and XML files.

Completely free and without any ad's.. quite a cool thing :D

You can find it at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/

iText# (iTextSharp) is a port of the iText open source java library written entirely in C# for the .NET platform. iText# is a library that allows you to generate PDF files on the fly. It is implemented as an assembly.