FREE .Net Controls

Question

Hi OOP Mateys,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread that contains locations to FREE .Net controls, so I'll start the ball rolling with the new Power Pack I just found !

The VB.Net Power Pack over at Microsoft is a free download containing 7 new controls including Blending Panels and Notification Windows.

Link : VB.Net Power Pack

The Power Pack can also be used in C# !

They are a great addition to your .Net toolbox and they are free !

Enjoy ! :D

Here's a list of submissions so far . . .

VB Powerpack - Submitted by Large

Divil - Submitted by Large

Dacris NetXP - Submitted by xStainDx

Ziplib - Submitted by D-FENS

ABC Upload & PDF - Submitted by D-FENS

Various Controls - Submitted by quadsoft

Steep Valley Controls - Submitted by Large

AWS Filepicker - Submitted by heathrowe

.Net Tools - Submitted by heathrowe

Edited by Large

Ok here's another one !

Its divil.co.uk, their are a few controls including the excellent sandbar.

Your free to use them as long as you stick to the licence agreement.

Free Software License

As long as the product you are developing falls within the set, strict terms of this license you may obtain and use the product without charge. The spirit of this license allows hobbyist or academic developers to enhance their applications while not having to worry about paying for the products they use to do so.

Broadly speaking, this license requires that your application be freely downloadable, include no advertising and show credit in the About dialog.

Link : divil.co.uk

Enjoy ! :D

Ok, this is really, .net but Indy (Indernet Direct) Controls for basicly any protocol on the internet. indyproject.org. They are the leet shniz

The VB.Net Power Pack over at Microsoft is a free download containing 7 new controls including Blending Panels and Notification Windows.

What is the exact download link for the pack i cannot find it all i can see is information about the power pack.

What is the exact download link for the pack i cannot find it all i can see is information about the power pack.

Wow, you read alot of the article then, LOL ! :laugh:

The Power Pack controls are available for download from the Visual Basic Power Pack GotDotNet Workspace. The download includes the complete source code for the controls, this article, and a small sample application.

Look down the article and find the heading ' AN OVERVIEW OF THE POWER PACK CONTROLS ' then two lines below that you will see a link to gotdotnet which is where you can download the controls !

Kind Regards

Wow, you read alot of the article then, LOL ! :laugh:

Are you crazy man I cannot waste my time reading papes of writin, lol

Thanx i got the link in the end.

[Title Edited]

Thanks.

Anyway, makes me wonder why Microsoft called that PowerPack "VB Power Pack", since I used it in C# already.

Shouldn't you make a list of all the currently submited .NET controls on the first post? makes it easy to see whats up here :happy:

Shouldn't you make a list of all the currently submited .NET controls on the first post? makes it easy to see whats up here :happy:

Ok, done it ! :happy:

Keep 'em coming guys ! :yes:

Free Web Controls

Metabuilders.com - About 30 web controls

Timothy Humphrey Web Controls

FreeTextBox

skmMenu

Other Good Links

.Net Toolbox - Nice collection of the best .Net tools

Microsoft Application Blocks

ASP.Net Source Projects

ASP.Net Starter Kits

Not so Free Controls

PeterBlum.com - A couple of free controls, but the Validation and More and Date Package's are both excellent($50/server for the Date Package and $100/server for Validation and More). They are not free, but the amount of functionality you get for the price is amazing, definitely worth considering on any commercial project.