16-bit application on XP SP2

When I tried to install 16-bit application on Windows XP SP2, they cannot be installed as the warning message appeared as below.

I want to install 16-bit application but cannot...so how? Any way to solve this problem?

post-11-1093104448.jpg

ya i had this issue too, it sux, but meh i fixed it :p

1. search for autoexec.nt

2. copy that file and put it in c:\windows\system32\

3. play whatever it is ur tryin ;)

Edited by thenay

In the spirit of waiting for the new Leisure Suit Larry game, I've decided to step into memory lane.... I am having difficulties installing Leisure Suit Larry 7. Firstly, I get the same error. Secondly, when ditched the autoplay and double cliked on SIERW5.EXE (which is the actual install program), I get this "Error Opening resource 10000.snd"

Anyone know what the heck that means or a fix around?

(yes, i'm running XP with SP2)

ya i had this issue too, it sux, but meh i fixed it :p

1. search for autoexec.nt

2. copy that file and put it in c:\windows\system32\

3. play whatever it is ur tryin ;)

Yay!! It fixed the problem. Now, I installed 16-bit application successfully and it can be run well... Thanks!! (Y) (Y)

Yay!! It fixed the problem. Now, I installed 16-bit application successfully and it can be run well... Thanks!! (Y) (Y)

here don't works! what hell... <on Castrol Honda 2000> always same error: Bike.exe encounter one problem and need closed!

note: using SP2

Yay!! It fixed the problem. Now, I installed 16-bit application successfully and it can be run well... Thanks!!  (Y) (Y)

Your welcome :) It's sad on how easy it was to fix this by myself and while MS couldn't fix that bug. Sad isn't it?

:rolleyes: LOL