Half-Life creates annoying directory?

I don't want to hide it... ;)

I fixed this by using CreateProcess and WaitForSingleObject (APIs)...

After the process is terminated i just remove the directory(using APIs).

The strangest part about it is that it does not save anything in it. It is just blank!:D Good idea about using the hide command though. Never thought of that.

Originally posted by Keldyn

I dont see why this is such a problem. You guys get annoyed by the most simple things :s

Just like 0.log always appearing in windows :mad:

That's why I have a batch file on startup that removes all those little annoyances :smart:

Originally posted by Keldyn

I dont see why this is such a problem. You guys get annoyed by the most simple things :s

Well alot of people, such as myself, like their harddrives to look as neat as possible. When you have this one folder that does not look like it belongs with Program Files, the Windows, and Documents directories, it is pretty annoying.

Originally posted by jmole

Well alot of people, such as myself, like their harddrives to look as neat as possible. When you have this one folder that does not look like it belongs with Program Files, the Windows, and Documents directories, it is pretty annoying.

I feel the same as you... I wonder is this might be a psychological problem... oh well one problem I don't mind to keep.

Ya. I think that's a known problem. I myself hated it. So I hide it. But now I don't have to hide no more. Don't have half life installed anymore. (or counter-strike either... it's too old for me)

I noticed that save thing too, I assumed it was some crappy program I had and never bothered to investigate. I just delete it whenever i see it...always in fear im deleing some inportant thing, like the day i delete the boot.ini file :s