Stealing EXE !

Question

just open an exe in debuger and you have the assembly code, real hard to do right? well that ASM code can very painfully be converted to any languge if you have the right converter... and it will never be exactly the same as the original source unless you have the symbols listing

Man, you guys are true programmers lol, how on earth do you even make out what Elagizy is saying haha, i'm so lost reading one sentence of his postings.

I think we scared him off... and personally the topoc "stealing exe" made no sense either with the discussion

585264608[/snapback]

I don't know, i'm not like one experienced coding whiz, still a 2nd year Comp Sci student, however, Elagizy him self hasn't even mastered coding in general, and he's contemplating to argue with you guys, it's strange, if you look at his pasts posts, he does ask pretty trivial questions.

Man, you guys are true programmers lol, how on earth do you even make out what Elagizy is saying haha, i'm so lost reading one sentence of his postings.

585264522[/snapback]

You have to decompile his post using notepad, and then save it as an exe. :p

"Man, you guys are true programmers lol, how on earth do you even make out what Elagizy is saying haha, i'm so lost reading one sentence of his postings."

Don't worry, its not because you lack programming skills, its because he is an idiot ;)

I write all my machine code in Notepad. Actually, I don't use machine code, I can just put my hand over the CPU and control the electronic impulses directly.

I write all my machine code in Notepad. Actually, I don't use machine code, I can just put my hand over the CPU and control the electronic impulses directly.

585264778[/snapback]

Nice. I believe it more than anything Elagizy has said in whatever language he uses..

Are there any possibilities to protect my .Net applications ? (Free or shareware)

Only for.Net ...

585279244[/snapback]

Haven't you been paying attention?! Read into Elagizy's uncrackable logics! :pc:

Haven't you been paying attention?! Read into Elagizy's uncrackable logics!  :pc:

585279274[/snapback]

LOL. Didn't his logic get kicked in the teeth like 10 minutes after he posted his crack challenge?? :rofl:

LOL. Didn't his logic get kicked in the teeth like 10 minutes after he posted his crack challenge??  :rofl:

585279322[/snapback]

It literally was nothing more than saving a value in a file and checking it again (with the obligatory pointless "encryption"/"decryption") - just NOP the whole lot out. But then Elagizy did make it clear that it only took him 15 minutes...

The problem isn't just that Elagizy doesn't know the subject he is involving himself in, the problem is compounded by him seeming to be unaware of this lack of knowledge. So he can't even begin to understand why writing an OS in VB, or writing uncrackable protection isn't actually possible. Given that English isn't his first language, it's making any attempt at explanation or education a difficult if not impossible exercise - maybe he needs to chat to a programmer in his native tongue.

Are there any possibilities to protect my .Net applications ? (Free or shareware)

Only for.Net ...

585279244[/snapback]

ya you can obfuscate your .net applications to make it not disassemble by ildasm.exe.... but well, when there are disassemblers which does convert in ASM code, then no one can make it safe :D

so anyhow ur exes are not safe, whether its in .NET, C/C++ or VB6 or any.. but by obfuscating ur .exe file, you are atleast making it safe for the beginners or say the people who dont know cracking but are core .net developers.

It literally was nothing more than saving a value in a file and checking it again (with the obligatory pointless "encryption"/"decryption") - just NOP the whole lot out. But then Elagizy did make it clear that it only took him 15 minutes...

The problem isn't just that Elagizy doesn't know the subject he is involving himself in, the problem is compounded by him seeming to be unaware of this lack of knowledge. So he can't even begin to understand why writing an OS in VB, or writing uncrackable protection isn't actually possible. Given that English isn't his first language, it's making any attempt at explanation or education a difficult if not impossible exercise - maybe he needs to chat to a programmer in his native tongue.

585279757[/snapback]

prob with Elagizy is not about English, English is not my primary or first language as well, but the problem with him is that, he just not acceptig anything who is not in favour of him.

Only for.Net ...

585279244[/snapback]

Well it depends on what you mean by protect:

1) Protect the code itself from reverse engineering.

2) Protect the product from being used without a license.

In either case, with software alone there is no way of making either impossible, you can only make it more difficult, through obfuscation, programming ticks and copy protection. You have to weight up the possible losses against the costs of implementing these features - for freeware it's obviously not worth it but for shareware an extra few licenses may make it worthwhile.

Bascially if your target audience is small and the product isn't high value, then even simple tricks will deter the casual copier - but if there is any kind of demand for the product or the product is high value you'll attract the attention of committed crackers and then you are simply postponing the inevitable Mr Anderson.