How to burn a legally obtained DMG file in windows

Converting a DMG to ISO using hdiutil or Disk Utility seems to remove the Bootable-ness of the image. Is this the case, or am I doing something wrong when I burn it off using Nero on my Windows PC?!

Thanks

Jan

You cannot burn a bootable DMG on a Windows PC. you have to do it all from your Mac.

585807276[/snapback]

I've done it before with Nero. That is how I burned my first copies of Jaguar and Panther, so I can say this for certain. The DMG files HAVE to be "CD/DVD Master" type, not compressed.

I have never heard of anybody burning a bootable DMG on a peecee successfully. Non-bootable ones work, but nothing else.

585805004[/snapback]

I've done it, as I have stated before.

• 4 years later...
downloading a dmg file straight to a pc damages the file.You will not be getting a workable image from a dmg file downloaded to a pc

That's not true. It's just a single file. The problem is with compressed disc images. Old Mac software that had separate code and resource forks could be trashed, but OSX has never worked that way.

OP: You can use either PowerISO or MagicISO (I can't remember which) to burn compressed dmg images.