What is your favorite supercar?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite supercar?

• - Enzo
    • - McLaren F1
    • - Pagani Zonda
    • - Koenigsegg CC
    • - Saleen S7
    • - AM DB9 (yes, it's not really a supercar but it's still awesome)
    • - Skyline (for you ricers)
    • - Bugatti EB-110
    • - TVR Cerbera Speed 12
    • - any Lambo

what about the porsche 959?  would you consider that a supercar in it's time?  thats my alltime favorite...

585868600[/snapback]

Probably the best supercar ever made. Still revolutionary to this day.

Enzo, I have 3 models, Red, Yellow & Black (Black one signed by Jay Kay) and I have a metallic red and a white one on their way from the US.

Skyline also isn't a supercar.

I'll get a better pic some other time

"True" supercar: Porsche 959 or Carrera GT. I have never seen a 959 in person, but it seemed to be extremely ahead of its time.

I DID get a chance to spend several hours with a Carrera GT a few months ago, in various driving environments (starting off in Long Island and moving through NYC, northern NY state, and finally ending up in Northeastern NJ. All the superlative words do it no justice. My only negative? The navigation was awkward to use, not to mention extremely primitive. Though I suppose they went with such a system due to weight reasons. Hardly a deciding factor for any supercar enthusiast.

As far as "practical" exotics (ie: not quite supercars), my father's old '97 Twin Turbo S was my favorite for some time, though I'm happy with our mighty Gallardo. Downside? Steering still feels entirely too heavy. I have been to the dealer seven times since taking delivery in October. Thankfully, it's an open-ended lease, and only for 24 months. Othewise, the car is flawless (it can even fit my grandiose self!).

for me the Ferrari F40 has always been tops.

3 litre V8

0-100 in under 3 sec

hell even Jeremy Clarkson of TopGear prefers the F40 over the Enzo.

And he cried for his mommy while driving the Enzo lol

Also, on their lap times grid, the Enzo came tops even beating the F1 LM and the Carrera GT.

They're being delayed and delayed by technical problems. Last time I heard they had heating problems (no wonder considering the 16l monster) and the car had a tendency to take off! So it's probably still going to be postponed. But no matter, Audi is rich...

Anyway this thread is about legends, not about future concepts cos we don't know what they're like yet, just what they look like and what techs they introduce. Otherwise my fav would be the Skycar :p :p :p :p

585866353[/snapback]

There was a special in last month's Car & Driver about the Bugatti Veyron. They had some delays but they're now back on track and they plan to begin selling them this year, and produce 50-60 cars per year after that. (estimated pricing is 1 million Euros)

In actual Chrysler speed runs, the ME Four-Twelve goes from 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, 0-100 mph in 6.2 seconds, and it will blister through the quarter mile in 10.6 seconds at 135 mph. The estimated top speed of the ME Four-Twelve is 248 mph (400 km/h).

The Dauer already does 2.9 seconds to 60. The Veyron does 2.7. It tops out at 252 (drag limited).

In order to take the Veyron over 230mph, you have to stop the car and turn a special key (it lowers the car, adjusts the suspension and aerodynamics), which puts it in "I'm ****ing insane" mode ;)

My top 5 supercars:

1. Mercedes McLaren SLR

2. Porsche Carrera GT

3. Pagani Zonda F

4. Ferrari F40

5. Ferrari F430

I went for the McLaren F1, although seeing a DB9 as one of the options was very tempting. DId I ever tell you about the DB9 that stays near me? :p

There is a rumor that someone near me has bought Jay Kay's black Enzo, but I really can't see him parting with it. This guy could afford it though, he already has an XJ220 and used to ahve a Diablo which would just sit in his front driveway

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Porsche 962. Probably the most sucsessful race car of all time. ( And there are many street versions )

Nobody has said anything about Ariel Atom. Barely 1000lbs and a supercharged 4 cyl. 0-60 in around 2.5 sec. and 4 seconds a lap faster then a 600F4i sport bike.

http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/frames.htm

Looks like a go kart.

I agree with you about the Saleen "modified" models being just that (e.g. Ford Focus :|) I guess it's a way to buy a riced up car without having to go through the trouble of ricing it up yourself. But the S7... you can't say the S7 is greasy trash! It's like saying the Enzo is a street-cleaning machine...

edit - Noble added to the list

wow... no Carrea GT

useless. Don't see why it says ricer next to skyline either.

585874696[/snapback]

lol i think someone with your username would know why. :pinch:

lol i think someone with your username would know why.  :pinch:

585875083[/snapback]

Don't know what that's supposed to mean but I'm guessing another ignorant comment.

they should make a rabbit-mobile, using the rabbits in your sig as model. haha, kinda random, but thought i would mutter jibberish since my rabbits are playing around my feet right now.

i say f1-mclaren, have always loved that car.

Don't know what that's supposed to mean but I'm guessing another ignorant comment.

585875108[/snapback]

yep, my point precisely. your "leet", xx using, z replacing s username entitles you to not comprehend the statement which i made.

The Lingenfelter Corvette... 0-60 in 1.9 seconds... 9.2 quarter.. $165,000... nothing can touch it...

585875298[/snapback]

correction:

0-60 mph: 3.3 sec -unless you meant KPH !!?!?

0-100 mph: 6.7 sec

Quarter Mile: 10.8 sec @ 133.5 mph

Skidpad: .94g

Top Speed: 226 mph

Braking, 60-0 mph: 111 ft

Slalom Speed: 70.8 mph

anyway- probably the best high quality performance car at the moment would ahve to be the Mclaren Mercedes SLR- the Mclaren F1 still holds the faster car at 232mph- the SLR comes in at 223mph. but the raw look of the SLR in stunning.

:happy:

Mclaren Mercedes SLR Top Gear Review- 48MB.