Slimming Down Windows XP

I've worked over four years on Slimming Down Windows XP: The Complete Guide. I've offered it freely to the public, never asking anything in return. Tens of thousands of Windows XP users have used my guide and benefited from it. My guide has been used for programs that actually do make money...without so much as a thank you to me from the makers of those programs.

Many people have asked me for my batch files. I have declined to offer them to the general public.

I have decided to offer them to those of you who are willing to show your appreciation and support for my hard work and efforts.

Is this a bad thing?

I've worked over four years on Slimming Down Windows XP: The Complete Guide. I've offered it freely to the public, never asking anything in return. Tens of thousands of Windows XP users have used my guide and benefited from it. My guide has been used for programs that actually do make money...without so much as a thank you to me from the makers of those programs.

Many people have asked me for my batch files. I have declined to offer them to the general public.

I have decided to offer them to those of you who are willing to show your appreciation and support for my hard work and efforts.

Is this a bad thing?

586725244[/snapback]

Sounds good to me!! :)

• 2 months later...

Amazing Job! really appriciate it! (Y) (Y) (Y)

I have only one question: Can I delete my Windows\Installel\ folder? It's almost 190Mb, and full of with *.msi files. Is it safe to delete it?

avalon

When I disable some of the services, like system notification , event log, com+, my bootup time get much longer.

Should uninstallation of these services fix this Windows stupidy of waiting for disabled services to respond for 4-5 secs, and then continuing??? :huh:

Thank you for the guide, its everything I wanted to now but was afraid to ask :D

You have my deepest respect.

P.S. I heard there are constant job openings at Microsoft, maybe u should apply? :huh:

Edited by Angelico_Payne

I admire the great effort and time you put into this guide! I only have one complaint: don't start the guide with a complement from someone else. Let the work speak for itself.

I'm very excited about this. I worked very hard on this the last few days.

Slimming Down Windows XP: The Complete Guide is such a monster, that many people have a difficult time running down information about a particular file.

I created The System32 File Indexer that can help direct people to any system32 file they are interested in.

Check it out...

http://www.bold-fortune.com/forums/index.php?showforum=56

• 2 weeks later...

i can't seem to delete the windows nt, netmeeting, msn gaming zone, movie maker folders. It says it may be used by another person or by another program. All the folders are empty. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Thats because your system needs/thinks it needs those folders so it recreates them, your best off just not deleting them. Its probably the reason why you couldnt delete it in the first place.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My site is down, and will remain down. It was never really "my" site, it belonged to Sadie, a lady who lives in England. She gave it to me to support my work on Slimming Down Windows XP: The Complete Guide. You can read more about it here...

http://www.graphixanstuff.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=9354

....Jan has hosted the guide for you in the event of something like this happening. Jan's copy of my guide is the only copy that I have granted permission to host, and it is the only copy posted on the Internet I keep updated. It's there for you when you need it.

The guide was always for you. That's why I created it. It is my gift to those who always wanted to know which files they can delete from Windows XP, but couldn't find their answers...my site was only an after thought.

The guide is here for you when you need it...

SLIMMING DOWN WINDOWS XP: THE COMPLETE GUIDE

MY PERSONAL BATCH FILES ARE AVAILABLE HERE

....Sincerely,

Bold_Fortune

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you have anything left in XP is what i wanna know. whats the benefit of this? 1-2gb saved in space, extra super doopa performance? i must have all this stuff turned on and yet my computer works sweet.

can you list the benefits of this monsterously huge guide? :unsure:

how many processes do you have running when you have just booted XP up? :unsure:

Even thou i think its a waste of time to the average user like myself, My respects for your efforts man. Still its overkill :p

Edited by ShaolinDreams

Wow, tremendous guide! I love fiddling with XP to slim it down and speed it up. I bookmarked this and will use it like a bible! :)

Nice work and thank you.