PSP 1.5 Hacked

Best be real, I've just dumped the NGPC, NES, SNES, MD, GG, GBC and PCE Emu's with their roms onto a memory stick.

586064550[/snapback]

Can you hook us up with some love? I can give you a place to FTP it if needed.

Pretty please? ;)

daz, didnt you buy your psp in japan v 1.0?

If so, then why would it matter to you? Or do you have v 1.5?

desmus, he doesnt have the loader dude.

OMFG. I just saw the pictures Dazzla linked to.... WHAT!!!

So can someone pelase clear this up for me, as I am not heavily into the whole PSP warez scene, as I just got my PSP about 2 weeks ago, so I really do not quite fully understand what is going on right now (I do have a little bit of an idea).

Basically, this hack is not going to be able to play the PSP .iso's of the UDM's I have seen floating around, but it is going to be for "homebrew" apps. I finally understand this, when I admit I was at first mistaken and thought it would mean I could play the UDM .isos I have seen around.

Taking an educated guess from seeing the pictures Dazzla linked to, will they be able to do such things as for example play Mame Roms?

So my question is what are these homebrew apps going to be capable of?

And also are these homebrew apps only going to work with Firmware 1.0?

TIA,

DL

daz, didnt you buy your psp in japan v 1.0?

If so, then why would it matter to you? Or do you have v 1.5?

desmus, he doesnt have the loader dude.

586064707[/snapback]

i was talking about all the Roms, not the loader

At the moment they only work with 1.0. Apparently tomorrow they're going to release a loader to run it on 1.5 (not 1.51 or 1.52). Homebrew apps vary in quality, couple of emulators out are SNES, NES, GBC, MD/Genesis, Game Gear/SMS, PC Engine, MAME etc. Check out these:

http://www.psphacker.com/

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

586064792[/snapback]

Thnaks for the info. (Y)

Off to check it all out. I am hoping I have 1.5, and not 1.51.

There is no way for me to go back to 1.50?! at all

586064823[/snapback]

From the little research I have done, I hate to say it but I do not think there is. :( Hopefully I am wrong and someone will come in and say I am.

I checked, and I am really lucky, I do have just 1.50. And I am not sharing that to rub it in, because I was one click away to almost having it...

Before I got my PSP, like I said above I did not know sqaut about them, as it wound up being an unexpected gift. Basically I never thought I would have one, so I never bothered to learn about them.

So the first day I had it, I was just all psyched I got it working WiFi on my home network, so I clicked Network Update or whatever it was. I saw a 14MB update, and just thought it was kick ass I was downloading a file on to the PSP, I didnt even care what it was I just thought that was cool itself.

So I clicked Install Update, or whatever it read, and luckily they give you a little explanation up front. Just seeing the word "security" in the explanation text made me hesitate to install it and go do a little research about the update. That is when I saw people saying dont install it, so I did not, even though I really didnt know why at the time, I just knew it limited certain things that were better off not limited.

I was literally one click away from installing 1.51, or maybe even 1.52 if they combine them, I cant check because I already deleted that sucker.

I got really lucky.

From the little research I have done, I hate to say it but I do not think there is.  :( Hopefully I am wrong and someone will come in and say I am.

I checked, and I am really lucky, I do have just 1.50. And I am not sharing that to rub it in, because I was one click away to almost having it...

Before I got my PSP, like I said above I did not know sqaut about them, as it wound up being an unexpected gift. Basically I never thought I would have one, so I never bothered to learn about them.

So the first day I had it, I was just all psyched I got it working WiFi on my home network, so I clicked Network Update or whatever it was. I saw a 14MB update, and just thought it was kick ass I was downloading a file on to the PSP, I didnt even care what it was I just thought that was cool itself.

So I clicked Install Update, or whatever it read, and luckily they give you a little explanation up front. Just seeing the word "security" in the explanation text made me hesitate to install it and go do a little research about the update. That is when I saw people saying dont install it, so I did not, even though I really didnt know why at the time, I just knew it limited certain things that were better off not limited.

I was literally one click away from installing 1.51, or maybe even 1.52 if they combine them, I cant check because I already deleted that sucker.

I got really lucky.

586064871[/snapback]

Lucky? Man, you dont know what luck is.

I downloaded 1.51 and put it on my psp. Followed all the instructions.

Clicked the file in my games,and loaded the updater. As the psp 1.51 US update version was loading, the psp spit out some 800000 error and never updated.

But wait, it doesnt stop there.

I did this 10 times, and my psp couldnt update :D Basically, im guessing that all those umds with forced update will have no effect on me either :D

So far I see emulators for SNES, GB/C, and others, but is there or will there be a PS1 emulator?

Man I cannot wait until this alledge hack to come out. :woot: That screen of Super Mario made me drool... :drool:

Hmmm, why don't I see an actual PSP in the video, all I see is a LCD Display...

586065501[/snapback]

how about checking out the second video

www.ps2nfo.com

Somebody brought this up over at psp hacker.

If you notice, in the second video, the guys uses O to select menu etc.

In the u.s version, the button is x to select things

Dazz, can you confirm japan version uses O to select menu options/select selections

Haha I almost got owned, I got my PSP Saturday night, and when I got home my friend who has to have the latest firmware on everything was like come on lets update your firmware, I was like #$%@ you I'm playen Wipeout.

Somebody brought this up over at psp hacker.

If you notice, in the second video, the guys uses O to select menu etc.

In the u.s version, the button is x to select things

Dazz, can you confirm japan version uses O to select menu options/select selections

586066452[/snapback]

Japanese version does use O.