Ibuprofen and alcohol, will it make me ill?

I just took two Ibuprofen tablets for my sore jaw and I am out tonight. Will I be okay if I drink?

What time are you gonna start drinking? As long as it's not in like the next hour I wouldn't worry. Just ease into it but around 2-3 hours after I've taken Ibuprofen I'm drinking like normal and I'm not dead yet :D

Disclaimer, this post doesn't come with a life back warranty :p

Just don't take too many ibuprofen whlist you're in pain, I was taking 2 to 4 per day for a sore back and it led to gastic erosions.

Mmmm, nice holes in my stomach.

:x

Ibuprofen/Advil and Alcohol can lead to ulcers and bleeding of the stomach. Though I think your alright aslong as you didn't eat a handfull of pills and drink right away.

Do not drink alcohol while taking ibuprofen and oxycodone. Alcohol may increase drowsiness or dizziness. Alcohol may also increase the risk of dangerous stomach bleeding while taking this medication.

That being said, I've never had a problem. :rofl:

When taking pain killers just dont' drink Alcohol, you can be to sure so just don't drink. is it going to hurt you missing one night without an alcoholic drink.

i say play it safe. you can go out any other time and drink.

and if it is true about the uclers then i wouldn't attempt to smell alcohol, i've had stomach uclers before well how about for about 2-3 years they are not nice things

Just don't take too many ibuprofen whlist you're in pain, I was taking 2 to 4 per day for a sore back and it led to gastic erosions.

Mmmm, nice holes in my stomach.

:x

586166732[/snapback]

See, now I burst a load of blood vessels in my calf playing football on Sunday and I was told to take 8 Paracetemol AND 6 Ibuprofen a day for the next week by the doctor at the hospital! :s

I just took two Ibuprofen tablets for my sore jaw and I am out tonight. Will I be okay if I drink?

586166707[/snapback]

i took a 500mg ibuprofen my gf gave me with beer, and it didn't kill me, don't know bout something like vodka though

Did you read the label? Let me check real quick::::

Here?s what it says,

Alcohol Warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take Ibuprofen or other pain relievers / fever reducers. Ibuprofen may cause stomach bleeding.

No more than 6 tablets per 24 hours unless told to by a doctor..

So its your choice, shouldn?t kill y;) ;)

Not really saying how long you should wait after taking to drink alcohol but, its cl:)e :)

See, now I burst a load of blood vessels in my calf playing football on Sunday and I was told to take 8 Paracetemol AND 6 Ibuprofen a day for the next week by the doctor at the hospital! :s

586167653[/snapback]

Is that normal to take that many pills? :s :doctor:

mmm....painkillers and alcohol.....

Nothing bad happened last time I tried it.....but one would think that its not such a good idea...

IMO a few drinks won't kill you, just don't overdo it. (not that overdoing it is ever a good idea with alcohol)

Is that normal to take that many pills? :s :doctor:

586167718[/snapback]

well acording to the bottle they come it 6 per day is the max you should take w/o a doctor telling you to take more than 6 per 24 hours.. seems like a lot to me.

i took a 500mg ibuprofen my gf gave me with beer, and it didn't kill me, don't know bout something like vodka though

586167674[/snapback]

500mg, thats like 2 and something tablets.