Photo

Enable uPnP in Vista

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 adav

adav

ME

Posted 30 July 2005 - 15:35

I cannot seem to connect MSN 7.5 to the internet. I have worked it out to be Vista's absence of uPnP.

This would be fine to just enable, but the Add and Remove Windows components option has disappeared.

How should I enable uPnP? :wacko:

#2 cpu killer

cpu killer

Beta Love

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 July 2005 - 15:39

I cannot seem to connect MSN 7.5 to the internet. I have worked it out to be Vista's absence of uPnP.

This would be fine to just enable, but the Add and Remove Windows components option has disappeared.

How should I enable uPnP?  :wacko:

View Post

Isn't uPnP a service that can be enabled/disabled? Not sure, but if it is the case, go to Run -> services.msc and check for it there. I doubt uPnP is disabled tho.

#3 OP adav

adav

ME

Posted 30 July 2005 - 15:59

nop,

it says the service has already started :( i remember in XP having to add a compontent, is there anyway to get to this in vista?

#4 blobblob

blobblob

Neowinian

Posted 30 July 2005 - 16:16

I can't get msn messenger 7.0 to connect in vista (64bit version) either. I've been using webmessenger for now but even that doesn't seem to work in IE7, I had to use firefox for it.

#5 B3AN

B3AN

// B3AN //

Posted 30 July 2005 - 16:27

I assumed it worked from start. Im using MSN 7.5 Beta and it connects through my upnp router.

#6 Inertia

Inertia

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 July 2005 - 16:50

Vista upnp client is working and turned on by default, perhaps it is the upnp device that has the problem ? make sur eyoure router has upnp enabled, and if it does, give it a reboot.

#7 -scorpio-

-scorpio-

Gamertag : scorpio0

Posted 30 July 2005 - 17:03

I cannot use msn either and i cannot access my router either ..

also i cannot connect to web messenger using IE but in firefox i can ...

#8 B3AN

B3AN

// B3AN //

Posted 30 July 2005 - 17:34

I can't access my router either through vista. I go to connect but can't get passed the login dialog even though i know the username and password are 100% correct.

Im using speedtouch 510 v4

#9 OP adav

adav

ME

Posted 30 July 2005 - 17:43

uPnP is enabled on my router (Netgear DG834G - the Vista machine is connected by a cable) and uPnP works for all the other computers on my network. I have tried rebooting many times and have reconnected and repaired the network connection too.

I can seem to go on normal websites, but i cannot get to the Admin area of my router: 192.168.0.1, in either IE7 or Firefox.

This is all very confusing :blink:

#10 rovman

rovman

Neowinian

Posted 30 July 2005 - 17:54

uPnP is enabled on my router (Netgear DG834G - the Vista machine is connected by a cable) and uPnP works for all the other computers on my network. I have tried rebooting many times and have reconnected and repaired the network connection too.

I can seem to go on normal websites, but i cannot get to the Admin area of my router: 192.168.0.1, in either IE7 or Firefox.

This is all very confusing  :blink:

View Post

Same problem, same router. Cannot access my routers administration and MSN Messenger doesn't connect, even though the troubleshooter finds no problems with the connection.

#11 blobblob

blobblob

Neowinian

Posted 30 July 2005 - 18:00

So is everyone whos having this problem using a router (with uPnP enabled?)? I'm using a netgear DG834G router with uPnP enabled and I can't access my router's control panel (it doesn't even bring up the prompt for username and password) or log onto msn and web messenger only works in firefox.

#12 Inertia

Inertia

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 July 2005 - 18:32

I havea upnp router, and im not havign the problem, it sa d-link, i forget the model.

#13 B3AN

B3AN

// B3AN //

Posted 30 July 2005 - 18:35

Mine is working fine, azureus & msn messenger both work with upnp. I cannot access the web interface (10.0.0.138), the password dialog pops up but nothing is accepted. All other machines (debian, xp) all work fine.

#14 -scorpio-

-scorpio-

Gamertag : scorpio0

Posted 30 July 2005 - 18:36

So is everyone whos having this problem using a router (with uPnP enabled?)? I'm using a netgear DG834G router with uPnP enabled and I can't access my router's control panel (it doesn't even bring up the prompt for username and password) or log onto msn and web messenger only works in firefox.

View Post

ditto

#15 OP adav

adav

ME

Posted 30 July 2005 - 22:06

so....

any ideas on how to correct these problems? :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!