F.E.A.R. Demo Thread

Whoa forbez that mirror is nice I was getting 650kb/s on that.

Fortunately though I already passed the demo it just appeared on my computer when i got home from work haha! I think my brother must ve downloaded it this morning.

As a subscriber, I downloading at 170-190 and after installing and playing, all I can say is WOW!! THis is definitely a game I am going to buy when it is released!!

wtf thats bs, whats with the crap resolutions in games these days

586332316[/snapback]

I know! First BF2 and now this.

Hey guys, those of you that have already gotten the demo... Please post some screen shots and your thoughts on the game so those of us at work have something to look forward to :)

It plays like a regular FPS. But it has very nice slo-mo effect and a lot of creepy moments :D

I dont really like the weapons:/ they all look the same and are pretty lame...

cliffhanger ending!

Bring on the full version!

ok i just played it the intro was amazing but when i finally got to the interactive part, the textures were their but i was below the level, ya know how like noclipping in quake and stuff, well ya that was going on but i was walking on the actual level but the textures were above me =\

Looks very nice and I most likely will need a video card upgrade for that to play it smoothly on highest. 9800 Pro doesn't really do it so well. 1GB installation for something this little is a bit too much though... but oh well.

Looks very nice and I most likely will need a video card upgrade for that to play it smoothly on highest. 9800 Pro doesn't really do it so well. 1GB installation for something this little is a bit too much though... but oh well.

586332570[/snapback]

It is daft that our 9800 Pro cards run this game so slowly.

I just tried setting everything on max with 800x600 and see how it will work. Obviously the game said I didn't have enough video ram, but it doesn't matter. Can't say it was unplayable but at the same time I can't say it's bearable. Strangly at lower settings the game plays smoother but still unbearable to play long enough. Maybe next year will upgrade the video.

edit: screenie

fear5wt.th.jpg

Edited by Andre

**It doesn't natively support 1280x1024, that sucks.**

1280x1024 is an incorrect resolution :)

1280x960 is the resolution they SHOULD support

BTW alot of these new games dont go higher because with vid cards nowadays and with AA, AF its not needed

1 good fu**** hour of downloading it and when running it, I get:

License data is invalid!

Please contact customer support for assistance

586332467[/snapback]

Way to block out the profanity...basically you covered the "in" part...

**It doesn't natively support 1280x1024, that sucks.**

1280x1024 is an incorrect resolution :)

1280x960 is the resolution they SHOULD support

BTW alot of these new games dont go higher because with vid cards nowadays and with AA, AF its not needed

586332772[/snapback]

there's nothing incorrect about 1280x1024. it's just that it's not a 4:3 aspect ratio. there are lots of resolutions that are not at 4:3. take widescreen for instance it's 16:9. that does not make it incorrect.

F.E.A.R is a must get game!

The deamo was just awesome!!

I played it at full specs although i didnt have my screen resolution. The slow mo effects are something to be experienced. Plus the mixture of the horror element and fps is great combination, it certainly got me scared with that little girl running around.

Well theres a short review :blush: