I give up

I give up trying to edit these 32bit bitmaps. I tried in EVERY conceivalbe program, from Photoshop to Flash. They just never return to the correct size. So f*ck it, I give up until Style Builder comes out, or someone tells me a reliable way to edit these bitmaps. :dead:

Hint: save as png

Paint will let you edit png, as will most editors

Did that, and now the file is 2kb. That's the problem, in order to replace the bitmap, it needs to be the correct size, so I can copy the hex over the old hex. If you know how to do this, please let me know.

If anyone did it another way, please explain FULLY.

If you use ResHacker or Restorator to insert the bitmap into the correct resource, the filesize shouldn't matter. The bitmaps are looked up by Resource ID, not by their location in the file.

For some reason when I go the Reshack or Restorator way, it seems to become corrupt. Maybe it's because I used the Luna theme as a base, and not Styles XP Toothpaste?

Are you trying to replace a bitmap with a PNG? I woudl guess you need to specify that in the INI file as well. Maybe change the resource name to WHATEVER_PNG and edit the ini to whatever.png. Just a thought.

No, what I meant is I change it back to a bitmap, and try to insert it, but it still doesn't work. I REALLY hope Style Builder takes care of this, cause I have some ideas, but I'm not doing them if I can't change the damn buttons.

The only program I have that will export 32bit BMP's with an alpha chan. is Flash 5. This is the program I am using to make my X-Box theme and it is turning out realy we.. I suggest you use this program to make your desired 32-bit alpha BMPs.