Blair on Parenting

SOURCE

Blair calls for better parenting

The law abiding majority should be protected, Mr Blair will argue

Bad parenting, and the anti-social behaviour it generates, is the focus of Prime Minister Tony Blair's first post-holiday speech.

Mr Blair is proposing extending measures set up to combat anti-social behaviour, such as using parenting contracts and parenting orders more.

He says bad parenting is not just a private matter for families, and that the state should intervene earlier.

The prime minister has made respect a major theme of this third term.

The need for more respect towards others was a problem in society and the government needed to address, he said.

But his speech is likely to be overshadowed by the emergence of a video confession from London suicide bomber Mohammad Sidique Khan.

Khan described himself as a "soldier" and said the UK government had committed atrocities against Muslims.

Irresponsible minority

In his speech, Mr Blair is saying the government should intervene earlier to prevent bad behaviour, rather than act after it has happened.

He wants voluntary parenting contracts and parenting orders - which tell parents how to deal with their unruly children - to be used more widely.

Mr Blair is also suggesting that housing officers and possibly school staff should have the power to issue the orders and contracts.

Critics of the policy question whether the state can or should tell people how to raise their children.

The law abiding majority should be protected from the actions of a dangerous and irresponsible minority.

In an interview with the Daily Mirror, Home Secretary Charles Clarke said "steady progress" was being made in communities where local authorities were using anti-social behaviour orders (Asbos) and parenting orders.

He said: "We are starting to turn the tide. Individuals who were terrorising estates are no longer terrorising."

The government's full plans will be outlined in a policy paper in November.

Where does this guy get off? Forcing people to attend parent classes is not going to change anything. The culture and society created by the government which tolerates teenages and youngsters being anti social and vandalising is to blame. They have been to soft on anyone and everyone to appear politically correct, and taken powers away from the teachers and parents in the first place, now they are holding the parents directly responsible. Please someone get this man out of Britain!

I do think the parents are responsible.

586468892[/snapback]

Me too, but trying to get them on parent classes wont change nothing. Why wont the government accept responsiblity for its own mistakes, its taken power from teachers and parents. Parents cant smack their own children anymore, or discipline them properly, and teachers are getting treated like dirt.

The parents are completely responsibly, and to be honest, why should us, the honest, tax paying public with good kids suffer because some pikey bastards cant be bothered with disipline or any moral values at all.

This is the reason society is like it is today, bad parenting. Im not sure that this will change anything however, would be easier to shoot them or something :D

I don't think it has anything to do with being able to smack your kid or not. There's no need for that, you can discipline them much more effectively than that.

I agree that teachers get a bad deal but what powers did they have that they don't now? Honestly what more can you do with a problem child after everything else than expel them?

I don't think it has anything to do with being able to smack your kid or not. There's no need for that, you can discipline them much more effectively than that.

I agree that teachers get a bad deal but what powers did they have that they don't now? Honestly what more can you do with a problem child after everything else than expel them?

586468902[/snapback]

Expelling is hardly happening today though, most parents are going on the sue the school routes, or my child never does anything wrong route. Im not saying bad parenting isnt a problem, Im saying we live in a culture of no respect, which politicians are just as much to blame for.

i understand if some parents need to go to parenting classes, but come on, if the kids anti-social, the parents are bad?

i'm anti-social, my mother doesnt need to go to parenting classes, these people need to focus on the things that matter.

The parents are completely responsibly, and to be honest, why should us, the honest, tax paying public with good kids suffer because some pikey bastards cant be bothered with disipline or any moral values at all.

586468901[/snapback]

Exactly what I thought.

i do know who my mam is, but my mum doesnt care, there's nothing wrong with being anti-social. she's anti-social herself

586468931[/snapback]

Yep. And his grandma is so antisocial, SHE HUNG UP THE PHONE TO JESUS!

What they need to set up is:

1)

Have schools that use the cane.

So many parents would complain about this but they could work it out by having two types of school. Schools that use the cane and schools that don't. I know for sure I would have gone to the school with the cane. Why? Because teachers and schools have no control at all over students. My school life was hell because of all the stupid idiots who think it's funny to beat people up before their GCSE exams or set peoples hair alight from behind on the bus. They even tied one poor kid to the school bus with ties under the seat. He wasn't found for hours after the bus went to the bus station.

Everything would probably be better at a school with the cane. Grades, discipline etc.

2)

Have a system where you can't claim benefits for your 10+ children and let them all grow up into more scum.

The system should give you benefits for your first two children but you don't get any for children after that. (Doesn't the US do this?)

I don't get that if they are already on benefits why they have more children? If you are on benefits it means you don't have much money which means you can't care for your kids as well as you could.

I've even heard people talking about how they are having another baby so I can "Get more money" from the government.

3)

This will probably never happen but it should. When you want a child of your own you should have to go through the same process of someone that wants to adopt a child. It's the same thing if you think about it, apart from it?s your kid. They should look at your house, income, attitude etc. This would stop those horrid people who just bring up horrid children.

IMO Blair is way too late for starting to look at "Yob culture" and "Bad parenting". Look around any UK high street or housing estate. They are already over run by scum chav children with no respect who think that mugging, stabbing, threatening, vandalism, abuse is fine and acceptable behaviour.

tony blairs son was found face in the gutter drunk out of his face underage then when the police found him there and took him to the police station he lied about his identity repeatedly.

yea nice one mr blair should we look to you for a good example?

tony blairs son was found face in the gutter drunk out of his face underage  then when the police found him there and took him to the police station he lied about his identity repeatedly.

yea nice one mr blair should we look to you for a good example?

586468944[/snapback]

Apparently theres another incident involving Blair Junior, which Blair has paid the media not to publish.

Apparently theres another incident involving Blair Junior, which Blair has paid the media not to publish.

586468948[/snapback]

how can i not believe that im completely not shocked mate i be ttheres a lot more

prime ministers are notoriously bad pareants churchil's daughter was sent to a nervous breakdown he made no contact with is son during the war as he argued so much with him it was said he would suffer a heart attack if he were to come in to contact wit h him

margaret thatchers son is a 2 bit crook he was caught out selling arms to country's with arms embargo's like iraq forinstance in the late 80's he and his cronies just got caught trying to start a millitary coupe in some god for saken african country thats laiden with diamonds they all got caught but never got the justice deserved.

as for john major i dont think he was capable of reproduction.

and tony blair well hes a war criminal and terrible father his wife does some very dodgy deals with some very dodgy underworld characters in the property market when part of that was revealed she made her self out to be a victim i think its was on goodmorning tv everyday for like a month talking about how sorry they are for her to be a victim in all this when this guy was litterally working for her.

how can i not believe that im completely not shocked mate i be ttheres a lot more

prime ministers are notoriously bad pareants churchil's daughter was sent to a nervous breakdown he made no contact with is son during the war as he argued so much with him it was said he would suffer a heart attack if he were to come in to contact wit h him

margaret thatchers son is a 2 bit crook he was caught out selling arms to country's with arms embargo's like iraq forinstance in the late 80's he and his cronies just got caught trying to start a millitary coupe in some god for saken african country thats laiden with diamonds they all got caught but never got the justice deserved.

as for john major i dont think he was capable of reproduction.

and tony blair well hes a war criminal and terrible father his wife does some very dodgy deals with some very dodgy underworld characters in the property market when part of that was revealed she made her self out to be a victim i think its was on goodmorning tv everyday for like a month talking about how sorry they are for her to be a victim in all this when this guy was litterally working for her.

586468976[/snapback]

Yeah theres definately something about politicians, at least Churchill and some of the others did alright jobs, I dont think I'll ever remember Blair as a good politician though.

i just cant believe the british people where dumb enough to vote for the idiot back in i voted lib dems cos the torys are just as idiotic

Thing is Lib Dems have no idea on where they stand half the time, they simply took the opposition to gain some extra votes, as did the Tories really. Plus they had stupid policies like taxing people who earn higher more, my parents earn well because they work damn hard, no one has the right to take more from them.

Did you all know Tony Blair is lining himself up right now to join the Carlyle Group when he leaves 10 downing street?

you have all by now surely heard about the carlyle group

John major was rewarded the same treat when he helped george bush senior in iraq now it seems TB has earned that same reward from george Bush junior.

we should boycott that and make sure he cannot he is prolly xeroxing copyies of this countries most protected information now to to take to the carlyle group and make his trillions from wars.

3)

This will probably never happen but it should. When you want a child of your own you should have to go through the same process of someone that wants to adopt a child. It's the same thing if you think about it, apart from it?s your kid. They should look at your house, income, attitude etc. This would stop those horrid people who just bring up horrid children.

586468942[/snapback]

and how would they police that, they cant really stop a natural event from happening, they have no right over who has children and who doesnt.

You guys sure like to beat up on people. Surely you must know of good people who have horrible rebellious children. In fact, your parents may feel that way about you! :o

You can find anything to beat up on anyone. In the end, though, you're the one's who will suffer from it since your brains shall be reduced to diarrhea. :crazy:

i do know some terrible pareants i mean it i know some completely shocking pareants but i find it ammazing that one of them "Tony Blair" thinks he can tell us how to do it better.

Kettle Black Calling.

You guys sure like to beat up on people. Surely you must know of good people who have horrible rebellious children. In fact, your parents may feel that way about you!  :o

You can find anything to beat up on anyone. In the end, though, you're the one's who will suffer from it since your brains shall be reduced to diarrhea. :crazy:

586469042[/snapback]

Tony Blair deserves to be beaten up on, hes done nothing but beat up on Britain since he got in power.

I heave read this thread with interest, and found it disturbing how many people are taking the "Daily Mail" line by simply saying "let's blame the parents".

You seem to automatically think that it is dole hoppers, chavs and spongers who just have this problem.

Well, let me tell you my story.

I am a 41 year old Father of 1 14 year old son. I'm divorced from his Mum, and have been since he was 10 months old. But, I have always had weekly contact with him. Week in, week out. Without fail. I have always been there for him. That is my duty as a Father.

I learned how to become not only a Father to him, but a Daddy too. It was hard, it was slow and there were laughs and tears along the way.

I taught my Son, respect, love, how to share how to be polite and how to be good. And he was all of that.

He lived with his Mum, she re-married, and they have another kid, but I was always there for my little boy.

About 3 years ago, we started receiving complaints from his school about his behaviour. He was acting up in class, trying to be the "class clown". We went to meetings at the school (me & his Mum), and our son assured us he would be good.

Time went on, and we kept getting complaints from the school. Now whilst this was happening, 90% of the time, he was good with his Mum, and good when he was with me. But things were getting worse at school.

His Mum & I would drop things at work, and go to the meetings at his school, time & time again. He was by now being suspened for disruption in class. But still we went to the meetings to try to help him.

We kept telling him that if he carried on, he would eventually be thrown out of school. Well, that day finally came earlier this year arund March/April, and we were gutted.

I was angry, sad, confused but most of all, it was MY lad, My Son, my flesh and blood going through this.

We got him into a "re-intergration" school, to at least keep up his education, and he has done quite well there, but we are still trying to get him into a mainstrweam school. As of yet, it is no go.

About 2 months ago, the Police turned up at his Mums door, saying he had been accused of assaulting a kid. (Hitting him). We both went to the Police station, his Mum cried, I wanted to cry, and we sat there in the interview, thorugh the humiliation of watching him have his photo, finger prints and dna taken. He receive an formal reprimand. ( A caution). But this mena he now has a criminal record.....at 14 years old.

I came home that night and I cried.

Then the bombshell happend on Tuesday this week.

I was at work, and received a phone call from his Mum, asking me to come immediatly to her house, as our Son had been arrested on suspicion of arson.

My heart felt like it had just been torn from my body.

I got there and saw two CID (plain clothes police), and they told me my Son was at the Police station.

His Mum and I both immdeiatly went down there and we were allowed to see our Son. He was in a police cell, and he looked scared. Damn scared. His Mum was crying, but I had to keep it together for all our sakes...especially my Son.

We asked him, what happend, why he thought they had him in there etc, and he kept denying that he did it. Was was originally arrested for a 2nd fire out of 2, but was eliminated for that one. He then became suspent for the first one that happen 2 days earlier.

All we know is he is a suspect, he is on police bail at the moment and has to reappear at the police station in October. They have no evidence, only circumstantial )sp) evidence.

He is currently quaking in his shoes. And so am I.

Now, you may read all that and think, what an absolute ###### that kid is. But I see him, I know he is stupid, I know he should have been better, and I know when he is on his own, he is a charming, kind, thoughtful young lad. The type of kid who would goto the shop, buy a bottle of pepsi for himslef, and bring one back for you, even if you never asked for one.

I see people in this thread saying it is the parents fault. When you have a 124 year old lad, and you both work, (becuse society dictates you have to), how can we be monitoring what our child is doing all the time?

It is physically impossible when both parents are working.

No parent can honestly say they know exactly what thier Son or Daughter is doing when they are out with thier friends. No parents can say they know.

We bought our child up, with love, care and attention. He is bright, pleasent and a very likable lad. But when he is with his mates, it seems to be a case of when they are in a gang, they are idiots who dont think. I know he was with his mates when the fire happend, so somewhere, something is linking them possibly.

I know one thing, he doesn't want to hang with them anymore, (which is good), cus they turned on his as soon as look at him. Which is exactly what I said would happen if they were in trouble.

I am sitting here typing these words, and I am struggling to see what I am typing, because I am crying. Right now, there are tears streaming down my face. My heart hurts and yearsn for the lad I knew before. That young chap staring at me from all those photos on the wall. That beautiful smile, that twinkle in his eye.

I am crying for my Son. My beautiful, beautiful child, whom I love with all my heart, my soul and my body and my life. He is me. He is my body, he is my soul, and he is my life. We are one in the same. I created him out of love. And it is breaking my heart to see him like this.

But I feel am losing him. No matter how hard I try. I feel I am losing him.

And I am watching him fade way. I try to hold onto hm, but he chooses to go the way he wants. He comes to a cross roads, and chooses which road to take, and I can advise him to choose the right road, yet only he can choose to wether accept that advice, and take it on board with him through the journey that is life.

I know it is very easy for everyone to blame the parents when kids go astray, but remember, not all parents....are bad parents....and despite what you may think....deep down, not all kids are bad. They just go astray and need a bit of help to get back on the rails, and I will do my upmost to steer him back, no matter how hard it may be.

Thankyou for reading.

Edited by axious