Do you like themeXP.org?

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like themeXP.org?

• yes, i love colorized luna!
    • no, that place sucks like a toothless hooker
    • who cares

I just love how fickle some of you people are. Way back when tgtsoft first came out with style xp y'all were over the ****ing moon about how great style xp was and how much better it was than windowblinds, and when Frogboy was going on about how all you are going to end up with is a bunch of recoloured versions of aqua ya'll kept going nuh uh nuh uh.

Themexp.org comes out and y'all kept ranting about how good it was that msstyles people had their own site and how much better it was yadda yadda and now look at you. lmao it's hiliarious.

Originally posted by twist

heh if you want to talk about technical errors

its the only major site i constantly get error pages on, and the speed is pretty poor accessing there db, the d/l speeds are fine, the page loading speed is poor

this is true!they aren't bad just a little slow :devious:

its great because of its free service but the quality of the stuff on there is down right ****, i mean you look at the most popular and they all plain suck! IMHO:dead:

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

I just love how fickle some of you people are. Way back when tgtsoft first came out with style xp y'all were over the ****ing moon about how great style xp was and how much better it was than windowblinds, and when Frogboy was going on about how all you are going to end up with is a bunch of recoloured versions of aqua ya'll kept going nuh uh nuh uh.

Themexp.org comes out and y'all kept ranting about how good it was that msstyles people had their own site and how much better it was yadda yadda and now look at you. lmao it's hiliarious.

100% agreed :)

Originally posted by Tux

It sucked ever since the site crashed the first time, and ThemeXP.org used neowin to post news about the crash .. anyone remember that? Neobond got pretty ****ed.... There was like a million threads about "What happened to ThemeXP?" okay well not a million.. but you get the picture...

I disagree with Tux on this post. I never once saw a post by the ThemeXP admin crew trying to use Neowin to post news about the crash. The ThemeXP users were the ones posting the questions about "What happened to ThemeXP". Everyone here keeps saying how bad the board is, and it does have it's problems. But if you look at the most common reasons for the board being ****, it's because the luna recolored vs are being downloaded more than the original vs, because the users are leaving bad comments and poor ratings on certain vs, because the forum posters don't help enough or call you a ripper, etc. It's the users that are making the site seem bad.

As far as I'm concerned I want to applaud the ThemeXP admin for their persistence in trying to maintain a quality site. They still have lots of room for improvement, but they are going in the right direction. At least they finally got rid of the rating and comments section.

Last thing is, if you don't like it but would like to see it improved, post you dislikes in the forum (in the same non-flaming manner you post them here). It might do some good.

Interesting topic.:ermm:

So you judge a site by the quality of work produced by others? I can understand this thinking if they paid people to create visual styles, but because someone uploaded a msstyle to a free site, it's enough of an excuse to tear into the site itself? How many skin sites have unique visual styles available only to their site and nowhere else? Not many, I'd wager.

ThemeXP does suffer from it's technical standpoint. And the recently removed Comments section is a long awaited boon. The forums there however haven't had a decent flamewar over a theme yet. And as for accusing people of cracking StyleXP because of a "D:" error, then I stand by it. This has been posted in Astalavista's Cracking forum for ages. And if it is such a honest problem, then why post at ThemeXP instead of using support@tgtsoft.com ?

ThemeXP isn't the conglomerate that Neowin is. It doesn't purport to be. There are a lot of sites that fill in gaps where ThemeXP doesn't. It is the nature of the Web that what you can't find one place, you can find in another.

You don't like sushi, then don't eat Japanese. You don't like Fords, then drive a Toyota. You don't like ThemeXP, go to GetSkinned/Neowin/DeviantArt.

Bashing? Seems a popular Neowinian's sport. :dead:

why are you going on about being a bad site,

its sole porpuse is to allow people to download themes/skins

does it not serve that porpuse?

so some people are not as good skinners as you, that doesn't mean that they are going to reject their skin, what are they going to say...

sorry we were not able to put your skin on our site due to the fact that we don't like it.

yes i admit it does need better monoring of the themes that go into it like timan's luna skin i mean... timan's "my theme"

but i remember that when they first started they did better monoring but everyone keep on whining that they took to long to put up the themes, not they speed up on the cost of less monoring if any, and you guys still whine :devious:

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM A FREEE SEVICE!?

Define "quality". It is subjective. What you consider quality might be worthless to another.

And then you have to police it. How many emails are you going to get asking why their style wasn't approved? More than one. So now you have a disgruntled author running around mouthing off.

So you go the other way and make it just about open slather. You can hear the screams of "Luna rip!". ;)

And let's face it, how many authors here see comments like "it needs more colors"? Kol, ChaNinja and arhra have posted some truly great styles, but do we need an Orange TallyHawk or a Blue Sophont? I don't think so, but someone somewhere does. :ermm: So who do you please? Damn, some lady out there might just want a pink Luna! :D

Originally posted by GazmanAus

Define "quality". It is subjective. What you consider quality might be worthless to another.

And then you have to police it. How many emails are you going to get asking why their style wasn't approved? More than one. So now you have a disgruntled author running around mouthing off.

So you go the other way and make it just about open slather. You can hear the screams of "Luna rip!". ;)

And let's face it, how many authors here see comments like "it needs more colors"? Kol, ChaNinja and arhra have posted some truly great styles, but do we need an Orange TallyHawk or a Blue Sophont? I don't think so, but someone somewhere does. :ermm: So who do you please? Damn, some lady out there might just want a pink Luna! :D

i'd tell them to get over it.

its my site. i'll host the themes i think are worthy.

Then you run the risk of someone putting up a poll on Neowin saying "Do you like lazydesert's theme site?", weighting the poll to the negative and calling you an "ungratefull SOB". ;)

Poetic justice. :evil: :D

Then you run the risk of someone putting up a poll on Neowin saying "Do you like lazydesert's theme site?", weighting the poll to the negative and calling you an "ungratefull SOB". ;)

hmm didn't mean you gaz, i eman the users of the site in general. the problem with the site isn't nessecarly with the admins but just how they handled the users.

everyone knows the people at neowin are full of ****, so that wont matter. :p

the thing is.. my site will make people strive to make a better theme. people will think, damn, i have to do a hella good job to get my theme on that site with all the other spectacular themes. and site visitors will be very appreciative of not having to go through half-assed color change themes.

i've got it all planned out ;)

serious though i submited luna there and it was up for a good few weeks and u see how many idiots downloaded. must have been about 2000 and a ****load of views. sorry but its members * that goes for u neowin p33ps too ;) that download / sumbit luna themes are just fecked up. its themexp not myhaxxoredluna.com

glad they disabled comments. now all they need to do is remove the luna look alikes. and only accept REAL damn themes! :) ching ching?

Originally posted by Chief

LazyDesert, what's the link to your site. I'd love to go where there are only quality themes available. Just point me in the right direction. ;)

try http://www.TSS2000.NL

not only quality themes but also quality wallpapers, boots, logins and Icons

have fun

Originally posted by Chief

Just goes to show you. There really are NO quality themes out there. hehe. ;)

there actually are a few, watercolor and sosumi i can think of, they are still being used and talked about and they are not new themes!

I was just joking about the qualilty VSs in reference to Lazydesert's post about having only quality themes posted on his/her site and the lack of any themes on that site. Since he/she only hosts quality themes and there are none there, by default there are no quality themes at all. ;)

I know of quite a few quality VSs (at least in my opinion) and where to find them, so excuse me if I gave you the wrong impression. And I will take this opportunity to salute all themers out there. No easy task to build one.

But who among the posters is technically experienced enough to see the fakeness in those download counters??!!

Ever used the big ones?

SUN with 3 Gigs of RAM, 4 CPU's about a terrabyte diskspace in RAID 5?

We do at our office...

HP, as we are affiliate of, has similair systems running worldwide...

Even they can barelly handle such amounts!!

And better yet, the systems could handle it, but the ISP backbone bandwidth wouldn't allow it...

It is the biggest joke I've ever encountered.

And yet to see that so many people will take the crap for granted!

About design, and all that other stuff, you won't hear me complain..

this is what i think themexp should do:

1) set some rules

- no recoloring of anytheme, not just luna, i mean anytheme unless you are the creator of the original theme

- if you summit a port there must be a written note from the original author of the theme that you ported included in the theme's zip file

2) don't show the theme on the site from the moment it was summited, take a least one day to look over the themes summited and make sure that they meet the rules above

3) get a better server/hosting so they don't have that much problems with the site