Not a Racist but acts like one

i saw a black guy wearing a shirt that said "imported from africa" and on the back it said "and i did not choose to be here"

just thought i'd point that out. not racist but sure sounds unamerican eh

How the hell does that sound either pro or un american?

The guy is wearing a Tshirt highlighting the fact that America imported a lot of slaves. So what?

ALSO:

Upset by the shirt, a 17-year-old black student hit the white student in the head

Upset by a tshirt = violence. Hmmmm, whatever!

Seems to me that the Black kid did the wrong thing by hitting the white kid. He should have told a teacher and the white kid would have been suspended or whatever :/ by hitting him this has made news and they both have been suspended ... Some people don't think.

I understand that the T-shirt was offensive to him, but it's not like the T-shirt was jumping off the kids back and attacking him, it would have taken him 5 minutes or less to report the offensive T-shirt to a teacher.

Btw, this might look like I am defending the White kid, well the White kid is a stupid idiot for wearing that sort of T-shirt and I hope he gets in ****.

That white guy was surely an idiot but the offended ones took it too far in my opinion.

As WinMacLin said, they could've told teacher, dean, principle or any other who can take care of the matter peacefully and maturely.

If he's NOT A RACIST and HAS BLACK FRIENDS he would NOT have worn that shirt at all. He's soo racist it isn't even funny. He put no thought into what his "black friends" or any other black would have thought about the shirt. If he has black friends that wouldn't have been bothered by him wearing that shirt, then something's wrong with them.

HE'S A RACIST AND A VERY DUMB ONE

As for my beliefs:

I'm not a racist...I hate everyone equally :p

I give all people of all races, religions, and backgrounds a chance. I have also found that I tend to not like the stereotypes of all races. As far as the black guy with the tshirt, Unless he is really really old, I doubt that he was directly imported from Africa, and like everyone else on this planet, you don't have a choice as to where you're born. What's stopping him from moving back to Africa? I mean, moving to Africa, as more than likely he's never been there. I apologize for what my country has done to the African American race, but seriously, how can you hold something against white Americans today that they didn't do to you, and you did not have to go through?

Edit: As for the kid in the article. He is obviously very stupid and immature. It is beyond me why anyone would want to draw that kind of negative attention to themselves. If he would of worn it up here, or in Detroit, he probably would of been killed.

Edited by soothsayer

It seems like race these days is so much more of an issue. It seems the black people play the race card way too much. For example:

Hurricane Katrina. Most blacks think that the hurricane was racist, and that our federal government is racist. Lets forget that the most powerful women in our government is a black women. And before her it was a black man.

Hurricane Katrina was not racist. And I dont think our government would have responded any diffrently to the flood if it was 10,000 white people in the super dome.

I swear, black people are making racisim worse. Like the above poster....Me, or my parents ever participated in slavery. How can you continue to blame a race for something they were not a part of.

there is nothing stopping any race from achiving their dreams. There are just as many poor white people, poor cubans, poor spanish people as much as there are poor blacks.

You didnt hear the cubans crying racism when Hurricane Andrew leveled their city.

It seems like race these days is so much more of an issue. It seems the black people play the race card way too much. For example:

Hurricane Katrina. Most blacks think that the hurricane was racist, and that our federal government is racist. Lets forget that the most powerful women in our government is a black women. And before her it was a black man.

Hurricane Katrina was not racist. And I dont think our government would have responded any diffrently to the flood if it was 10,000 white people in the super dome.

I swear, black people are making racisim worse. Like the above poster....Me, or my parents ever participated in slavery. How can you continue to blame a race for something they were not a part of.

there is nothing stopping any race from achiving their dreams.  There are just as many poor white people, poor cubans, poor spanish people as much as there are poor blacks.

You didnt hear the cubans crying racism when Hurricane Andrew leveled their city.

586534250[/snapback]

Well anyone that says a hurricane distinguishes one race from another has been drinking too much punch and should laydown and go to bed till there buzz is over.

i saw a black guy wearing a shirt that said "imported from africa" and on the back it said "and i did not choose to be here"

586534138[/snapback]

Well he knows where Africa is he should go board a one-way-ticket to Africa if thats how strongly he feels about it.

Did he also have on the label that most African tribal leaders traded their own people to slave traders for goods?

Not only were slaves black/African from West indies, slaves also were white, Oriental and of Asian origins.

This black and white issue with racism is now becoming boring.

Edited by leesmithg

Seems to me that the Black kid did the wrong thing by hitting the white kid. He should have told a teacher and the white kid would have been suspended or whatever :/ by hitting him this has made news and they both have been suspended ... Some people don't think.

I understand that the T-shirt was offensive to him, but it's not like the T-shirt was jumping off the kids back and attacking him, it would have taken him 5 minutes or less to report the offensive T-shirt to a teacher.

Btw, this might look like I am defending the White kid, well the White kid is a stupid idiot for wearing that sort of T-shirt and I hope he gets in ****.

586534183[/snapback]

I agree. It was a stupid move on the white kids part, but the balck kid who hit him is more in the wrong in my opinion. You don't have free liberty to viloently attack someone becuase of their opinions. Well unless it is in Jacksonville, I suppose:

"There's no way you can prevent it when you've got students coming and bringing an attitude like that to school," said Ben Wortham, deputy superintendent.

Sgt. Darin Lee of the Clay County Sheriff's Office investigated the altercation and found no criminal action.

So the superintendent acknowledges taht you will get attacked if you suggest racial or hateful attitudes (even in a nonviolent way), way to have a grip on your schools buddy. Also, yif you get upset enough about a persons t-shirt, you have free reign to assault him, too, according to the Sheriff. You think that Sheriff may have been worried about being perceived as a racist if he persued the black kid criminally?

586534138[/snapback]

do you blame them?? they got draged out of their home country to be slaves??

do you blame them?? they got draged out of their home country to be slaves??

586534614[/snapback]

So this Man was dragged from the United States to be a slave?

That is a wise comment.

Generally I find that anyone who starts a sentance with "I'm not racist or anything" is, indeed, racist.

Yea i agree, its a start to contradicting themselves.

586534731[/snapback]

I'm not racist or anything but purple people certainly are lazy.

Generally I find that anyone who starts a sentance with "I'm not racist or anything" is, indeed, racist.

586534698[/snapback]

Yea i agree, its a start to contradicting themselves.

no surprise here

586533455[/snapback]

Was he old enough to have been brought here for slavery or was he born in America to a free black family and just wants to be different? I saw a guy on TV about 3 years back who had always gone on and on about slavery and how it had given his family a strong determination in life and had made him want to defend himself more day to day. They traced his family back to a country which had never been used for slavery and it turned out his family had come to England freely a long time before. His face was a picture lol.

Yeah I forgot to point that out.

Hating people because their skin is a different color is just beyond me. I can't understand that at all. It's a skin color that's all it is.

As for the ones who still hate whites in todays world for things that happened in the past. They need to grow up. Even Bill Cosby during his speeches he gives college students, he'll talk about this very thing and mention how he thinks it's IGNORANT that blacks blame everything on whites when it's the blacks that make all this happen to themselves. He mentioned "they call it black on black crime for a reason. Why do we blame the whites?" the entire auditorium got quiet and you could see some of the blacks looking down as if they were trying to hide or felt uncomfortable. Now when you have a black man like Bill Cosby pointing out issues in his own race that should say something.

Yes, by other Africans... who sold them to white people on the African coast.

586534823[/snapback]

The African concept of slavery was much different that the Western idea of slavery. It sounds like an attempt to abdicate responsibility or alleviate guilt.