Wiki banned

Respect the country and how they run it.

Can't have any respect for a society that is not free. I hope they overthrow their government at some point, and maybe then China can live up to the greatness they so desperately want.

well i like communism. (the true idea behind communism) not the misunderstood communism that has spread to different countries.

At the end of the day, if communism is the way China went with, it's their country and their people will do something about it.

I have alot of Chinese friends. All of whome say that China is straying from communism at a steady pace.

Premature Communism holds the country back. When those politicians found out it's too late, after all they can't overthrow what they had established so China finds another subtle way to learn from western countries while at the time keep all of the things under control.

Can't have any respect for a society that is not free. I hope they overthrow their government at some point, and maybe then China can live up to the greatness they so desperately want.

586714131[/snapback]

then china will fall.....

i believe communism is the key that's holding the country together...

have you heard of their 5 year plans..... its now on its 11th...

the government has a very well structured plan for its economic grow, and what they need is cooperation. Communism will ensure cooperation.

And the fact is that democracy doesn't really work with all countries. China and the chinese people have very different history and cultural background compared to a lot of democratic countries, and considering its size, the language and cultural diversity within the country itself, democracy just won't work.

I dunno about you guys, but maybe if you lived in China and actually experienced this, your opinions might be worth listening to. As of yet, you guys are once again proving your ignorance, simply because you live in a well-off society and think that such policies are 'bad'. I'm not disposed to praise China much (I'm born in Hong Kong, there's like this enmity of sorts - a bit like Aussies and Poms or Kiwis), but until you're a Chinese citizen, have lived in China and know how their society works, I suggest you don't make blatant comments that reflect your so called 'knowledge' simply because you're so used to uncensored material and free speech and have been 'educated'. Respect the country and how they run it. In time, China will change, but it might not be ready for it yet.

586712385[/snapback]

You obviously haven't spent much time in China as an adult at least.

And Hong Kong isn't even part of mainland China. They are capatalist for crying outloud.

Hong Kong != mainland China.

we have a chinese student here from hong kong, and she doesnt know what a democracy, capitalist nation or communist nation is so i see they do have something in hong kong, well to be honest that doenst surprise me because there is alot of objectional content on wikipedia - it does have the full public opinion.

Exactly. People need to research before opening their mouths (or typing, whatever).

586714406[/snapback]

was that for me too? once again, correct me if im rong, but it realy doesnt matter for me if the ideal of communist is a country with people hugging and kissing each other. i just look at communist countries, and see peoplo not having freedom of speech. like the way the topic started! and from where i come from, that is called censoring. that is how i see communist countries work, so that's how i see comunists. if that wasnt suposed to work like that, i just guess someone in the past did a really mess with the name.

we have a chinese student here from hong kong, and she doesnt know what a democracy, capitalist nation or communist nation is so i see they do have something in hong kong, well to be honest that doenst surprise me because there is alot of objectional content on wikipedia - it does have the full public opinion.

586715750[/snapback]

Hong Kong is still capatalist. They took ideals from both the way Britain ran it and the way China runs.

I dunno about you guys, but maybe if you lived in China and actually experienced this, your opinions might be worth listening to. As of yet, you guys are once again proving your ignorance, simply because you live in a well-off society and think that such policies are 'bad'. I'm not disposed to praise China much (I'm born in Hong Kong, there's like this enmity of sorts - a bit like Aussies and Poms or Kiwis), but until you're a Chinese citizen, have lived in China and know how their society works, I suggest you don't make blatant comments that reflect your so called 'knowledge' simply because you're so used to uncensored material and free speech and have been 'educated'. Respect the country and how they run it. In time, China will change, but it might not be ready for it yet.

586712385[/snapback]

Please explain what the hell are you talking about ???!!

^ Simply: Live in China, and get to know its culture and history before making comments like 'censorship is bad' or 'communists should die'.

586717446[/snapback]

Censorship IS bad, in all situations, no matter what culture, no matter what history, it's simply bad, no matter how you look at it. I'm not saying communists should die, but communism should if it promotes censorship.