Underage sex laws can't be harsher on gays

Sigh

I really don't want to get into this whole "You're wrong, I'm right" endless loop internet diatribe that plagues all message boards.  I think what I think, so do you.  And there's nothing either of us can say that can change the other's mind.

586712530[/snapback]

So then why bother arguing at all at any point? :laugh:

Yeah AIDS and all the other STD's are perfectly safe.  :yes:

586712432[/snapback]

i hope u realize that just as many heterosexuals contract stds and aids as homosexuals do...

Homosexuality wasn't just frowned upon; homosexuals were persecuted, belittled, and sometimes killed for their orientation. And even in these times where "we bend over backwards to assure everyone that homosexuality is a normal, healthy, and benign thing," there are those that are still being persecuted, belittled, and murdered.

Who's to say what homosexuality is? Is it normal? Is it abnormal? Do we encourage it, discourage it, or let it be? It seems to be a normal feeling amongst homosexuals who did not decide, but rather naturally felt those urges. I say that we have no business to dictate to others who they should have intercourse with (Thank you, Pierre Elliot Trudeau).

I thought that the age of judicial persecution of homosexuals is over; perhaps it is over now. Perhaps if an eighteen-year old man were to have sex with a fourteen-year old girl, you right-wingers might approve, but once it is two men, or women for that matter, it becomes a dire problem for you. I do not approve of such actions whether it was heterosexual or homosexual, but neither do I approve of punishing the man who prefers other men any harsher.

The eighteen-year old had no business having sex with a teenager, regardless of sexual orientation. That's all. NAMBLA is no more wrong than a Man-Girl organization.

586712072[/snapback]

Two women is never a problem :laugh:

Anyway no matter how you put it homosexuality is far from normal. There is no reason to either encourage it or discourage it. The fact is we are in no position to dictate how people should conduct their sexual life. To say that sex is between a married man and woman only is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.