WOW, why is Dark Cloud (PS2) so expensive?

My girlfriend still likes playing Dark Cloud, the demo though. She would love to play the full game, so I wanted to do her a favour and buy the game. I thought I could get it very cheap, the game being 4 years old. But looking through the net I noticed the price: 40? and more (just a like new game). My god, why is this game so expensive? I mean there are other old games for the PS2 but they are not that expensive. Is there anything special to this title?!?

You wudnt spend 40? on the gurl you love?&nbsp:happy:y:

586735846[/snapback]

nah man, I'd rather take her to a restaurant or buy something useful than giving here a 4 year old game which I know she wouldn't play that often.:yes:s:

nah man, I'd rather take her to a restaurant or buy something useful than giving here a 4 year old game which I know she wouldn't play that often.. :yes:

586735870[/snapback]

Yeah, because you know more about her than her boyfriend.. :rolleyes:

yeah it is strange, must be rare....

its going for over ?40 new on amazon, thankfully you can get it 2nd hand on there for ?20

586735787[/snapback]

:blink:k: WOW here in the states you can get it for like 9.99 form gamestop, that sucks

I am her boyfriend :rofl:

But come on, I can find it any cheaper here in Germany. I looked on amazon and ebay, everything is 40? and up...see the screenshot!

and to this comment:

Yeah, because you know more about her than her boyfriend.. rolleyes.gif

Really, there are better things you can please your girlfriend with than a game.

People are correct. Dark Cloud can also be found as a Greatest Hits title. Try looking for that version.

Of course, there may be a weird shortage of the title in the UK, but everywhere else it is relatively cheap (although it is becoming in short supply)

• 10 years later...

I'm pretty amazed how much it is worth these days, I bought that game about 10 years ago and it was +- 15€ and now it's value is more than doubled!! Here in Belgium you can't get it lower than for 35€ Seems the game bust be rarer than we thought

• DrunknMunky locked this topic