Drug Suspect's Pet Squirrel Attacks Officer

I know this is old, and sorry if this is a repeat/post.

Drug Suspect's Pet Squirrel Attacks Officer

8/19/05

A police officer in Massachusetts was treated at a hospital after a drug suspect's squirrel attacked him during an attempted arrest, according to a Local 6 News report.

"The claws are very sharp, I guess he mistook me for a tree," officer Dwayne Flowers said. "The squirrel was moving at such speed, I didn't see it and neither did my partner standing shoulder-length away from me."

Officer Dwayne Flowers said he and his partner were attempting to arrest a woman wanted on drug charges in Leominister, Mass., when her loose pet squirrel attacked.

"The claws are very sharp, I guess he mistook me for a tree," officer Flowers said. "The squirrel was moving at such speed, I didn't see it and neither did my partner standing shoulder-length away from me."

Flowers drove to a hospital after the attack while other officers captured Spanky the squirrel and arrested its owner.

After the arrest, Flowers' partner laughed at the attack.

"He had a good chuckle," Flowers said. "I tried raising him on the radio but they couldn't answer their radio call because they were too busy laughing"

Flowers injuries from the attack were considered minor.

The Source

-peachey

Edited by peachey

"when her loose pet squirrel attacked."

"The claws are very sharp, I guess he mistook me for a tree," officer Flowers said. "The squirrel was moving at such speed, I didn't see it and neither did my partner standing shoulder-length away from me."

"Flowers drove to a hospital after the attack while other officers captured Spanky the squirrel"

A little over dramatic? :laugh:

:rofl:

Squirrels are crazy. I was on my bike once and this squirrel started running along right under me between my tires and hopped up my back tire and ran off. :huh: