Boycotting Coca-Cola

Is it right for my university to boycott Coca-Cola products?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Is it right for my university to boycott Coca-Cola products?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Hahahahahahahahaha *gasp* hahahahahahahahahahaha......

*wipes tears*

Power of the student union...

586819607[/snapback]

As far as I was concerned all they did was give us flashy cards to get discounts, possibly get us renovated accomodation, and generally give CV points to all administrative members.

:crazy: had to read the thread twice. thought you said elementary school, not college.

thay are only going to shoot themselves in the foot. go off campus and buy it. they lose more money that way.

The women's rep has put forward a motion to ban the word "petal" that she finds offensive. Don't ask me why.

How is "petal" sexist exactly? :|

586835503[/snapback]

I've always called people petal whether they be male or female :blink:

What your school is doing is making your opinion for you, I wouldn't stand for it. Schools have really lost thier place, at one point it was a place to go and learn, now it's nothing more than a place to waste 4 yrs getting a peice of paper that makes you no better than you were before and you have to accept thier opinion of everything.

A half-way decent school would have atleast just brought the incident to attention and let you decide whether to buy coke or not, and a good one wouldn't have even attempted ot persuade you in one way or another, but there's no good schools left so I digress.

I honestly think that the student union of your university is abusing its power and needs a king-size reality check.

There should be better and more important things for the student union than trying to be some rebels wannabees: banning coca-cola or 'pseudo-offensive' words.

You should be able to call people 'petal' while drinking coke (even if I have absolutely no clue in which social context I should call someone petal ...)

Of course they have the right. Those that are voting no are simply addicted to the junk drink. Don't believe me? I dare you to quit pop drinks for a year. I don't drink them because they are so loaded with ingredients that are bad for the human body, they should not be sold at all. Ok, maybe that's a little over the top but I pity the fact that the average person can't type the ingredients into google and see for themselves the poison they are drinking :no:

Of course they have the right. Those that are voting no are simply addicted to the junk drink. Don't believe me? I dare you to quit pop drinks for a year. I don't drink them because they are so loaded with ingredients that are bad for the human body, they should not be sold at all. Ok, maybe that's a little over the top but I pity the fact that the average person can't type the ingredients into google and see for themselves the poison they are drinking :no:

586845877[/snapback]

Please, by all means tell me what ingredients go into Coca-Cola ;)

Like i said, i dont' drink it any more but it has tons of junk including caffeine. Just go read the can.

586845928[/snapback]

Haha, I was being sarcastic. I was joking about revealing the Coca-Cola formula so we could all go make Coke ourselves heh.

Like i said, i dont' drink it any more but it has tons of junk including caffeine. Just go read the can.

586845928[/snapback]

Hey now, don't call caffeine junk, thats blasphemy!

586845877[/snapback]

Smoking, drinking alcohol, driving, all these things are far more dangerous. And perfectly ok. They didn't ban it because it's "bad for you", they banned it because of the company's actions in Columbia - a kind of moral choice really.

People can drink/eat whatever the hell they want.

We still buy huge bottles for parties anyway :D

^ of course, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be made aware. I know too many kids that when they are offered a coke (or any soft drink/junk food) cannot simply decline the offer. I do agree that drinking/smoking/drugs is obviously worse.

at the same time isn't it unfair to the people who just want to enjoy their drink and don't care about what happens in third world countries?

Who cares what people who think like that want?! :angry:

I'm boycotting Coca-Cola now since I found out about what happens in third world countries.

Also because I WON a TV from them and did not get my TV stand that was advertised on the Icoka.ca TV Commercial. On that TV Commercial in the fine-print it did NOT say that the stand was NOT included making everyone believing that who ever win?s the TV would get the Full Package. The stand is $699.99 CDN.

I have included some Screenshots of the ad.

NOTE: the fine print is small because the screenshots are small. But it?s not in the small print

Oh and my college has decided to separate from the University student's union and form an independant union because the SU is "currently failing its members by refusing to concentrate on those issues that affect students in their capacity as students."

Whehey!

Of course they have the right. Those that are voting no are simply addicted to the junk drink. Don't believe me? I dare you to quit pop drinks for a year. I don't drink them because they are so loaded with ingredients that are bad for the human body, they should not be sold at all. Ok, maybe that's a little over the top but I pity the fact that the average person can't type the ingredients into google and see for themselves the poison they are drinking

Who cares, it tastes good, and the hit of caffeine keeps me sharp. Most poisons that people ingest are a hell of a lot of fun, life is too short to worry about it. I'd much rather have a shorter unhealthier happier life, than a long boring healthy one. ;)