Banned from STEAM, but didn't cheat.

Well, today i was ready to play CS because i haven't played it in 6 months or something.

So i start up my game and suddendly i get this:

banned0nc.jpg

I was like WTF i never cheated on CS so how can i get un-banned?

Last I heard it was at least a year, maybe more. If you hacked in ANY VAC enabled game you will be banned from them all.

I remember hearing that in VAC2 if your banned, you aren't unbanned unless it was an error and you contact them. I don't know if it's true or not, since I haven't actually looked into it.

valve will not contact you via e-mail, and will ignore you. i'm not trying to be a jerk but how many people do you think send them e-mails everyday about saying how they didint cheat. you know?

Form the way i keep hearing of them banning people with out an notice or telling them why it makes me wonder why i would ever play a valve game

Form the way i keep hearing of them banning people with out an notice or telling them why it makes me wonder why i would ever play a valve game

They do tell you why but, for cheating as per that screenshot.

If an account is Hijacked thats not Valves fault, nor is it their job to protect against it unless its a flaw in their system, in which case they would have probably picked up on it. Also sending an email is pointless, you can proove its your account all you like, but they arent claioming it doesnt belong to you but that you cheated on it. Due to the fact steam accounts can be used on any computer and many people do do this on a daily basis, IP's just isnt enough.

I say it's fair. Some people get burnt, but It's been ages since I saw a cheater and I suspect the accounts that do get hijacked wouldnt have been had the password been better protected or more secure.

I've been playing Valve games since the day Half-Life 1 came out and every game they've made since then and I've never ever been banned before. Alot of people cheat and claim not too, I see it all the time in my Clan's forum after we've clearly caught them cheating; people will say whatever they can to cover their butts until they have no other option but to admit fault.

that seems like a good idea on Valve's part tho, ban a few people each day or so who are really hooked on the game, and make $20 off each one for a new key so they can play still...

Yeah but see those "few people" they ban each day are hacking so I don't care if they're hooked on the game or not they deserve it. I've never seen a fully vaild case of someone getting banned from Steam when they didn't do anything wrong.

• 1 year later...
Well, today i was ready to play CS because i haven't played it in 6 months or something.

So i start up my game and suddendly i get this:

banned0nc.jpg

I was like WTF i never cheated on CS so how can i get un-banned?

I know you guys hear about cheaters and how they didnt which we all know is bull****... But is there some kind of bug with windows vista maybe and valve? I have been playing counterstrike since like 2002 and yes i admit have used the old wallhack and lambert and all that **** but it just took all the fun out of the game so i stopped playing for a few years... I picked up a coppy of the cs source with the screaming of my wife at me for doing so doi!!! i am a father of 2 what the hell else can i do when there in bed... So anyways, i dont cheat, have no desire and when i fired up my machine today and remind you i have been playing for a well almost a month now.... It told me that I was banned from all vac servers... Thats impossible!! I checked my routers log.. I wasnt hijacked in any way... Is this some kind of windows vista glitch or am I ****ed into buying another copy of this game at which i cannot afford... There has to be some kind of way of resolving and investigating this situation... This has never happened to me before.. If valve doesnt care they need to realize that we are the customers and without us they wouldnt have a number 1 game.... I would really like to reso;ve this matter.. if any has any knowledge that can help me with this matter before i throw this game in the trash and never refer anyone to this software.. I really feel cheated and thats not right for a loyal customer... Would anyone have any suggestions or ideas that can help a struggling father of 2 with a non working wife "pitty pitty pitty me pweeeze!!" And if not, ill guess ill have to give battlefield a try.. Oh.. I never did install any mods only the stuff that valve updated and maps and such from different servers and such... /you guys know what im talking about :) chears have a good day or night....

thank you