AutoPatcher XP August 2006

After install - AutoPatcher XP August 2006 Full English - i run AutoPatcher and receive error on start

Run-time error '429':

ActiveX component can't create object

:wacko:

--

LongT

Does anyone know anything about gandolas and if he's still working on the Portuguese version of AP?

Yes, it's true. Since the June release we heard nothing from him or the Portuguese (european) AP.

Where are you Gandolas?

After install - AutoPatcher XP August 2006 Full English - i run AutoPatcher and receive error on start

Run-time error '429':

ActiveX component can't create object

:wacko:

--

LongT

From FAQ topic... (read or search before to post!)

1) Run time error 429 - activeX component can't create object!

Install both the setup files in AutoPatchers \win9xnt folder

If that doesnt work, go to start > run, type REGSVR32 SCRRUN.DLL and press enter

If that doesnt work, copy files from C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\bin to C:\Windows\System32

From FAQ topic... (read or search before to post!)

1) Run time error 429 - activeX component can't create object!

Install both the setup files in AutoPatchers \win9xnt folder

If that doesnt work, go to start > run, type REGSVR32 SCRRUN.DLL and press enter

If that doesnt work, copy files from C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\bin to C:\Windows\System32

Yes :yes: Yes !

--

LongT

Hi all,

Just finished installing a fresh WInXP Pro with SP2 and as many times before; installed autopatcher (the Aug 06 ver, just downloaded) but this time round i'm seeing problems i never saw before.

The machine is:

AND Athlon +1800

1.54 GHz, 512 MB RAM

on a 120 GB Sygate IDE drive.

This is after i've already updated from Windows update.

All hardware and software on this system works fine but the Autopatcher won't update as usual. i've finished checking all the updates i want and hit Update, the app goes (too fast) through to the end in a matter of seconds and finishes, asking for a reboot - none of the updates were implemented of course.

as i wrote above, i used Autopatcher quite a few times in the past and never saw this kind of behavior.

I will mention that prior the Aug 06 install i ran the Sept 05 ver (before i found the current) and got the same results as above.

Did this happen to anyone? please advise.

Thx much in advance,

Sawndz.

When does the update version update from ? I have the Dec 05 lite version and the Feb 06 update. Is the Aug update everything since Feb, or when ? I cannot download the full one coz my bandwidth is crap. Thanks

When does the update version update from ? I have the Dec 05 lite version and the Feb 06 update. Is the Aug update everything since Feb, or when ? I cannot download the full one coz my bandwidth is crap. Thanks

No, the August Update is just the changes between the July release and now.

I recently downloaded the new autopachter release. When it starts installing the non critical update name by Windows XP COM+ Rollup, an error window pops up saying that Windows Service Pack Setup caused errors, and what happens is that all the non critical updates titled firstly with "FIX:" aren't installed (mostly for WMP), afterwards autopatcher continues to uninstall all the other updates successfully.

I installed the latest July release (...)

A similar thing happens with new virtual drives I try to add. They can be seen in the device manager but no drive letter is assigned to them, therefore they can't be used.. It happened so with DeamonTools and Alcohol120%. The same thing will probably happen if I try to install a new cd-dvd drive but I haven't tested that. Again, the drives that are already installed work properly..

Has anybody noticed something like that? Any suspicions for the responsible hotfix? Unless it's something other than that, but I don't think so..

(...)

I read about this in readers' letters in a computer magazine last month (in July) - I'll try to translate it from Croatian:

Windows against Daemon Tools

I believe that most of us use Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% - especially their virtual device. Because of that I want to draw attention NOT TO INSTALL the newest patch from Windows Update KB914784 because it will make you big problems with virtual SCSI controller, and the applications themselves are not longer possible to be uninstalled or reinstalled.

(...)

The KB914784 patches the Kernel Protection, but Kernel has to be patched from DT/Alcohol in order to install virtual drive, i. e. its controller.

I hope this fixes your problem, aliendna51.

xirtamdbml:

No Rapidshare links please...

Q: Would it be helpful if i uploaded AutoPatcher to as many free hosting services as possible and give out the links?

A: No not really, we may occasionally use free hosting services but AutoPatcher requires a lot of bandwidth and we dont want to wear them out. I (theblazingangel) remember when i first visited this forum, the team were looking for mirrors and i offered to do this. I think i was ignored for being such a noob