AutoPatcher XP August 2006

please list all of the hotfixes that aren't installing properly for you

KB884020 (freezes when installing at 95%), KB891122 , KB910998, KB912454 , KB917821 , KB921134 , the "Windows addons" stuff stay written in black even though they were installed exept SyncToy v1.2 which is in blue.

btw i chose to receive email notification of replies for this thread but i didn't get any :blink:

Also is there a way to uninstall everything the autopatcher installed ?

And a final question the option "Allow Windows to keep hotfix backups for uninstall" what does that do ?

Thank you :)

@raghoo

Since this is your first time using the program, download the full version of autopatcher, double click on the file u downloaded and tell it where u want it to extract the files, the default settings would put a desktop shortcut, double click on it, autopatcher will open, next just choose what do you want to install and click next then just sit back and relaxe and wait for it to end. If you have any problems, ask here :)

btw i chose to receive email notification of replies for this thread but i didn't get any :blink:

Also is there a way to uninstall everything the autopatcher installed ?

And a final question the option "Allow Windows to keep hotfix backups for uninstall" what does that do ?

Are you signed up for e-mail notification on the mailing list or on the forums? I think the mailing list broke somehow, I'll have to copy the addresses and recreate.

Everything installed with AutoPatcher (with the exeption of the tweaks) is uninstalled using the program or hotfix's uninstaller. These should usually appear in add/remove programs.

I kneel on corn seeds and implore for the Brazilian version. Please, for God's Sake, help the human beings from the rest of the world.

:rofl:

(...) the "Windows addons" stuff stay written in black even though they were installed exept SyncToy v1.2 which is in blue.

(...)

Which stuff in Windows Addons? The stuff you can see on this image is supposed to be black because its detection isn't working.

post-161462-1156010872_thumb.jpg

BTW Blaze, it's "TweakUI", not "Tweak UI". :p

Edited by xyz123

KB884020 (freezes when installing at 95%), KB891122 , KB910998, KB912454 , KB917821 , KB921134 , the "Windows addons" stuff stay written in black even though they were installed exept SyncToy v1.2 which is in blue.

Running XP SP2, WMP 10 (10.00.00.4036), Windows Media encoder 9 (9.00.00.2980)

I had the same with the three updates, 910998, 917821, 921134. They did not install. AP appears to suppress any error messages.

So I went to the respective KB articles and downloaded the files from there:

windowsmedia10-kb910998-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia10-kb917821-x86-intl.exe

windowsmedia10-kb921134-x86-intl.exe

All three refused to install.

The first two gave the message

This software is not compatible with the version of Windows Media Format SDK for this operating systemn. Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910998 and select the correct update

(with 910998 replaced by 917821 for the second one)

The third gave the message:

This software is not compatible with the version of Windows Media Player 10 for this operating system.Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=921134 and select the correct update.

The 910998 download says it is for WMP10 under Windows XP

The 917821 one is for Windows 2000 and Windows XP and applies to Windows Media Encoder 9 Series.

The 921134 says it's for WMP10, there is only one download link, it does not specify the OS.

The files they update have higher version numbers than the ones I have.

So I don't understand the messages, unless for the first two it's the Windows Media SDK, which I don't know about. However, all three are hotfixes, to be installed only on systems having the problems. As I don't have problems with either WMP 10 or Windows Media Encoder 9, I am not too bothered that they are not installing on my system, but maybe their inclusion in Autopatcher shoud be reconsidered.

Noe of them are offered to me by Windows Update, so I guess they really are not for what I have installed

I chose not to install 912454, because that applies to Windows Media Format 9.5 Software Development Kit x64 Edition, which I don't have. It should not be included in Autopatcher XP at all, in my opinion.

I already had 884020 (updates tcpip.sys) and 891122 on my system, so can't comment.

PS: for 910998, it does say you need to have 891122 already installed. I had another look at 891122, it relates to the WM SDK 9.5 runtime. I installed it in March 2005. The files it installs are the versions I currently have.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

and is dated 2/15/2005.

Edited by JRosenfeld

:blush:

I have just one question , after applying Autopatcher august XP full , each and every anoying time I load any driver , insert any flashpen , etc , the stupid microsoft window comes up asking if I want to load that specific driver or device . This never happened in the may release . Please tell me which windows hotfix or update is the culprit , so I can leave it out when usin the updater ?

Awesome Releases , thanks for all the hard work you guys put in . :D

There is no portuguese full version yet? :(

It seems that there's no portuguese version on link, maybe they will look for a server to host the file . :whistle:

I think the Master Gondolas can post some news to explain why portuguese version wasn't released :rofl:

Gandolas is on a vacation, forgot? He said he would be painting his summer house... :D :D :D

Maybe you're right , He will paint with black color ,heheheheheheh :whistle: :woot: :p :devil:

On 3 of mine different PC Computers (MSWinXPSP2), freshly installed from the scratch, I get same error result promptly after installing AutoPatcher XP August 2006.

Every time after, when I start back again AutoPatcher XP August 2006 on my Computer, he start up Autodesk AutoCAD 2007 Installation process asking AutoCAD 2007 Install pathway or Install CD.

I click 3 or 4 time to Cancel button, he ignored me, and every time repeat the procedure of AutoCAD Installation procedure back again. Finaly, after prox. 5 times of clicking Cancel button for this, he finally canceled this AutoCAD 2007 installation procedure totally and let me enter AutoPatcher usual software window...

NOTE: The Autodesk AutoCAD 2007 was installed on my PC's after AutoPatcher XP August 2006...

AutoPatcher 's got nothing to do with AutoCAD (2007)... Hmmm... :|

P. S.

I've mistaken, nw_raptor is painting his summer house, not gandolas; gandolas...

I'm going to leave Portugal and i'm going to California, and i'll be there from middle August until December (not in vacations ;)).

So, please don't expect neither of the Portuguese versions during that time.

:whistle:

On 3 of mine different PC Computers (MSWinXPSP2), freshly installed from the scratch, I get same error result promptly after installing AutoPatcher XP August 2006.

Every time after, when I start back again AutoPatcher XP August 2006 on my Computer, he start up Autodesk AutoCAD 2007 Installation process asking AutoCAD 2007 Install pathway or Install CD.

I click 3 or 4 time to Cancel button, he ignored me, and every time repeat the procedure of AutoCAD Installation procedure back again. Finaly, after prox. 5 times of clicking Cancel button for this, he finally canceled this AutoCAD 2007 installation procedure totally and let me enter AutoPatcher usual software window...

NOTE: The Autodesk AutoCAD 2007 was installed on my PC's after AutoPatcher XP August 2006...

This is a problem with Windows Installer not AutoPatcher, it's come up before. A fix has been posted somewhere, you'll have to search for it.

Hi,

All the updates applied without any problems except Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 13(KB912817 v2). When I try to install it error show up:

post-177741-1156248729.jpg

help :unsure:

Quote - (gandolas @ Jun 26 2006, 18:16)

I'm going to leave Portugal and i'm going to California, and i'll be there from middle August until December (not in vacations ).

So, please don't expect neither of the Portuguese versions during that time :x :pinch: :shiftyninja: :angry: :alien:

:( :( :( that was a really bad news , people with portuguese version are alone up to now. poor people , poor people , better get a english version , bahhh its sucks. :( :( :(