Widescreen Notebooks To Become Standard By 2008

With Vista and the sidebar, suddently that widescreen will be nice to use. Widescreen usualy have more pixels than 4:3 screen. You can see more (very good in Excel, or watching DVD).

Wider is better.

You mean they still make laptops with 4:3 screens? :p

sure theres plenty around. widescreens are mostly sold for the consumer market while the standard 4:3 are more for busineses.

most base models have a standerd 4:3 screen. some mid- range have standered.but the ones with all the fancy stuff. ( sliver, glossy, finishes, lights, etc ) have the wide screen...

look at that new Dell M2110 Hybird. 20.1" screen thats just crazy....

With Vista and the sidebar, suddently that widescreen will be nice to use. Widescreen usualy have more pixels than 4:3 screen. You can see more (very good in Excel, or watching DVD).

Wider is better.

Afaik they have less.

1600x1200 = 1 920 000 pixels (normal)

1680x1050 = 1 764 000 pixels (wide)

• 2 weeks later...

Ever used the DPI setting? It's not too bad, but a lot of programs look out of proportion. Don't believe me? Jack up the DPI to 150% and open media player. The only thing that's resized is the text. And it's like this on a number of programs, not just WMP. But hey, it's not as bad as OSX. OSX resizes everything in proportion, but only quartz apps look decent (safari looks pretty good). Quickdraw apps look like complete crap (everything is pixelated). But I digress.

That's the applications' fault. Not Windows'.

But hey, it's not as bad as OSX. OSX resizes everything in proportion, but only quartz apps look decent (safari looks pretty good). Quickdraw apps look like complete crap (everything is pixelated). But I digress.

That's why developers shouldn't use the Mac OS 9-erra QuickDraw engine to render an application's interface. Luckily most Mac OS X applications use Quartz.