PSP Homebew Development, other PSP questions

After deciding that I cant wait for the Wii any longer I bought a PSP entertainment pack with MLB the show and Madden. I dont know much about the PSP though so this brings me to a few questions...

Are there any PSP community sites out there that offer downloads to the PSP?

Whats the process of converting a video to something the PSP can read?

Hows the homebrew scene? I got one of those TA-082 Motherboards that according to wikipedia is a dread for homebrewers.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Im running the 2.71 firmware but can upgrade if necessary.

That version (TA-082) was just cracked. Check out www.pspupdates.com (warning, this site has a ton of ads, but they have a lot of good news, and good home brew downloads).

Good luck!

P.S. DON'T UPGRADE ANYTHING, until you visit that site, and get it all figured out.

Do NOT upgrade with any official updates any higher than 2.71.

2.71 is the highest you can downgrade from.

The forums here will help you

http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=78

What you need to do is downgrade to 1.5 (TA-082 can do this now) then upgrade to 3.02 OE-A, then 3.02 OE-B.

Good guide on how to do this here

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...read.id=2717632

But as I said you need to get the downgrade to 1.5 first, I can't remember the link to the downgrader. I'll have a look for you.

Do NOT upgrade with any official updates any higher than 2.71.

2.71 is the highest you can downgrade from.

The forums here will help you

http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=78

What you need to do is downgrade to 1.5 (TA-082 can do this now) then upgrade to 3.02 OE-A, then 3.02 OE-B.

Good guide on how to do this here

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...read.id=2717632

But as I said you need to get the downgrade to 1.5 first, I can't remember the link to the downgrader. I'll have a look for you.

Since i upgraded my PSP i fell behind in the whole PSP Homebrew scene and now theres so many im lost, ur sayin that the highest u can downgrade from is 2.71 but then a guy over at the PS forums that u linked to says....

'i just helped a fellow psp underground member downgrade his 2.80 and update to OE-A using the easy installer'

So can you downgrade from 2.8? cause thats wat im on atm :(

Since i upgraded my PSP i fell behind in the whole PSP Homebrew scene and now theres so many im lost, ur sayin that the highest u can downgrade from is 2.71 but then a guy over at the PS forums that u linked to says....

'i just helped a fellow psp underground member downgrade his 2.80 and update to OE-A using the easy installer'

So can you downgrade from 2.8? cause thats wat im on atm :(

Q: I have 2.80 or above. Should I upgrade? Can I?

A: You cannot upgrade to this firmware from anything other than 1.50 or 2.71 SE-C. There is a downgrader for 2.80, so you can get back to 1.50 and upgrade. However, nothing like that exists for 2.81 or above. So I guess you'll just have to be patient.

Looks like its 2.8 then! :yes:

You're in luck Gavin

2.8 has a downgrader, but it is very complicated to use. there is a high brick rate atm because the downgrader has no check of what its writing to the psp. I would highly reccomend that you wait for an easy downgrader from 2.8. they are on the way to making one, but in the meantime DO NOT UPGRADE your psp.

I'm venturing into territory that shouldn't be discussed here but I notice on the PSP Hombrew forums that people are downloading PSX roms and playing them on there PSP. I guess it involves using a special firmware, why cant you just run a modified version of 2.71 or 1.5 and download an emulator to that?

I'm venturing into territory that shouldn't be discussed here but I notice on the PSP Hombrew forums that people are downloading PSX roms and playing them on there PSP. I guess it involves using a special firmware, why cant you just run a modified version of 2.71 or 1.5 and download an emulator to that?

Check out this topic for discussion of running PSX ISO's on the PSP :)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=524488

If I goto 3.02-OE and say i dont like it, can I upgrade to a normal official firmware again?

If I goto 3.02-OE and say i dont like it, can I upgrade to a normal official firmware again?

yeah i'm pretty sure theres a settings to reset it back to 1.50! But some1 with a bit more knowledge will confirm this :)

Yeah you can recover back to 1.5 with 3.02 OE.

I can't see you going back because this firmware is exactly the same as Sonys official 3.02 other than it has built in features like No-UMD and PSone playback on all games without a PS3.

I upgraded to 3.03OEA2 from 2.71 using the downgrader and all that stuff. So where do they keep all the hombrew apps and games at? :p

Ok I found stuff. I have 3 games in the GAME150 directory or whatever. They all have 2 seperate folders. The problem is alot of the games I download I keep getting that corrupt file and cant launch the game. How do you install these things?

some of them , if they have one folder need to be put in a game271 folder. if that doesn't work they might need to be kxploited which is beyond my knowledge but google can help.

If anybody has any other questions feel free to pm me:)