The REAL game starts... (Puzzle Box 1)

well a space flight is great and everything but tbh i would rather have the cash that it cost them to send you there, whats more important a couple of minutes of zero gravity or enough money to buy a house.

hmm, i might go to the one in london. its 7pm right? mabye there will be fireworks :s

Looks like Loki is true to her word...all the directories we've found (such as file and zenith) have disappeared. But they were just a taste of what was coming. Still, I hope that someone has screenshots, maybe over at the Wiki Page.

So...now the next thing that we all need to do is register at the VanishingPointGame site. Looks like earlier registrants get 20 points right away.

Also, if you'd do me the kindness of saying "agentleman" or agentleman@charter.net referred you, I would be grateful (a referral isn't needed to register, so don't worry about it if you don't want to cite a referral.)

Good luck all. I can't wait to see what happens tonight in Las Vegas!!!

So who thinks the meta puzzle is already open? Or will it begin at the opening time tonight?

Then again my name on the chips just isn't quite as exotic as the space ride. However, kudos to MS for very original prizes. ;)

So who thinks the meta puzzle is already open? Or will it begin at the opening time tonight?

Then again my name on the chips just isn't quite as exotic as the space ride. However, kudos to MS for very original prizes. ;)

My guess would be that you'd never be able to solve the Meta Puzzle now, even if it were open. Possibly, if one were to get incredibly lucky, they could solve it when the first Puzzle Box opens at 7PM Pacific tonight.

I still think some of the unanswered questions from Loki's original video pertain to the Meta Puzzle. We never did explain the zeros in the painting ...

there are so many things in the video, the book shes reading, the notepad with strange diagrams etc on it, all of these could be clues/puzzles. Or have these already been worked out?

I will be at the london event :)

OK, all this and it's just a dressed up version of geocaching?

www.geocaching.com

Eesh! I hope that it isn't geocaching. I mean, that's fun and all, but seriously...solving puzzles is a lot different than following coordinates on a map or handheld GPS device.

Its been over 2.5 hours since I registered and have yet to receive my validation email. I tried re-registering with the same info and got 'username already in use'. I tried the link 'Forget password?', enter my email and it says I have to validate via my email before I can change anything. The first time I registered I did get the Thankyou page so it appeared to accept it. Looks like I'm off to a bad start. 8(

Its been over 2.5 hours since I registered and have yet to receive my validation email. I tried re-registering with the same info and got 'username already in use'. I tried the link 'Forget password?', enter my email and it says I have to validate via my email before I can change anything. The first time I registered I did get the Thankyou page so it appeared to accept it. Looks like I'm off to a bad start. 8(

check your junk mails

Its been over 2.5 hours since I registered and have yet to receive my validation email. ...

Try your spam box? That's where mine ended up.

Try your spam box? That's where mine ended up.

Thanks. I've been monitoring my spam folder as well but no luck either. I will semi-patiently keep waiting. 8|

Hi,

I've just registered me. Man that puzzles will be cool! I would be very pleased if you could use my e-mail address as referring party if you consider registering:

vpg.20.paul_mueller88@spamgourmet.com

:) :) :)

Greetings,

eXile.

Edited by _eXile_

I can't participate, I'm Swiss... :( That's not fair !

:crazy: +1

Puzzles here are really fascinating. It is a pity to me, that I have learned about this game when all the puzzles was solved. Being the Mac adherent (not fan) I'd like to play just for fun.

But it is quite unfair to segregate Internet citizens by geo location. It's a pure discrimination!

Well, let's assume the vanishing point is already past for us.

the london event is at trafalgar square for all you londoners... i'll see you there.

co-ords for london are 51 30' 29.21 N 0 7' 41.27 W... which is between the two fountains and in front of nelson.

my email is troist@gmail.com if we're gonna do a referral thingy...

Sweet! Cheers for the info... ill be there!

Im going to register now, although i dont think i will win:

reh2k@hotmail.com

For people that dont know, just bang in the co-ordinates into google earth and hit go.

For the Sydney Event it is on the middle of manly beach. (Hopefully a nice day so us fellas can go for a swim after)

Sydneys Meeting Place

33 47 26.99 S

151 17 14.29 E

Iv attached a picture of its location.

As for meeting up, we only have:

mrmckeb

The Atomic

da13ro

As of yet, so again PM me if you want to come join us.

Syd.jpg

Edited by da13ro

Wow! Neowin had a huge huccup then!

Anyway. Im registered under my email address now! reh2k@hotmail.com.

Anyone else going to the london event? Maybe will see you there.

:crazy: +1

Puzzles here are really fascinating. It is a pity to me, that I have learned about this game when all the puzzles was solved. Being the Mac adherent (not fan) I'd like to play just for fun.

But it is quite unfair to segregate Internet citizens by geo location. It's a pure discrimination!

Well, let's assume the vanishing point is already past for us.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with segregation or being unfair. Microsoft is running the contest in every country that they are legally allowed to. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the element of skill was added intentionally to allow countries like Canada that have laws requiring a "test of skill" in order to ensure that they are not considered to be a "gambling" operation.

If you want to complain, talk to your country's government. They're the ones to blame, not Microsoft.