PS3 Euro launch Delay

Sony CEO Howard Stringer seems to have let the cat out of the bag regarding when PS3 will finally launch throughout Europe. And it looks like April.

Speaking to News.com Howard Stringer was asked what the goals were this year for PlayStation? His response? "I think it's 6 million units by the end of the quarter, worldwide. And then we have got the European launch in April, which is very important to us."

Source:CVG.co.uk

So it starts, it was a worldwide launch in November, then it was DEFINATELY a March launch, now it might be April, who knows it could be like the PSP and get delayed for months.

Edited by Sheppard

Or not :p

Sony Europe dismisses Stringer's suggestions of April launch

A SCEE spokesperson has told GamesIndustry.biz that PlayStation 3 is still on track to launch in Europe in March, despite suggestions from Sony CEO Howard Stringer that it will be here in April.

In an interview with CNET-owned site News.com, Stringer is quoted as saying, "We have got the European launch in April, which is very important to us."

But a spokesperson told GI.biz, "It is not the case that PS3 is launching in April," adding that suggestions otherwise are "incorrect".

"The date has been and still is March," the spokesperson confirmed.

Sony has yet to announce a specific date for the launch of PS3. However, several senior retail sources speaking to GI.biz have said that March 23 is set to be the day when the console hits the shops, and SCEE are expected to make an official announcement next week.

Ill believe it when its ready to buy in stores in March but i can see it being more like April than March because going by their track record with this thing, they cannot even make a date and stick to it. It could well go like the PSP launch which was a joke.

And they also did the same thing with the US launch. They said it was on schedule until the very end. I can't believe they would mess this up though. They should realize how much they have at stake with this. Even a small one month delay would be devastating.

Heh. Sony also said their Emmy was still for PS3 even after being shown up the first time too, it took them a while to come out of their denial.

Or not

"I accepted the award myself and all they said was that the award was for 'technological innovation for device controller' ... but looking back, they never really did say for which one," a perplexed Karraker wrote in an e-mail.

Strangely enough, NATAS itself approved Sony's original announcement before it was released, according to Karraker. The original announcement refers to "Sixaxis" five times including in the title, which reads, "Sony Computer Entertainment America Wins Emmy Award for PLAYSTATION 3 SIXAXIS Wireless Controller."

Source