PlayStation 3 is "most pre-ordered console yet", says Play.c

some people just can't handle good news for sony and they try to debunk it.

QFT

the only way to get a PS3 is to pre-order one.. no one is taking Wii or Xbox360 pre-orders. Even when xbox360 was first released, only 2 batches at my local EB were taking pre-orders, after that it's up for grabs.. first come first serve

this is in the uk and only for one seller, so your situation in canada and EB is irrelevant, no one is taking pre-orders for the wii/xbox360 because they have been released so you can't pre-order something that is already on sale :p

Who the hell is going to spend ?524.99 on a console. I'm a sony fan boy but that price is to much!

im getting one too!

now.. i need to find a nice big new telly to play it on:DD

some people just can't handle good news for sony and they try to debunk it.

I can handle good news for sony, but 15:1 PS3/Wii pre orders sounds WAY too farfetched in my opinion. If they had said "PS3 sales top Wii sales", then I would of simply accepted the fact that I read the market wrong. But this, no way.

I can handle good news for sony, but 15:1 PS3/Wii pre orders sounds WAY too farfetched in my opinion. If they had said "PS3 sales top Wii sales", then I would of simply accepted the fact that I read the market wrong. But this, no way.

The Wii is all hype. Who wants to move around and play Wii Tennis or Wii Golf when, I don't know, they can actually go out and do it? I'm sorry to you, not everyone is involved in the Wii's false hype.

The 360 and PS3 both are taking the traditional controller platform. It's smarter, as if I wanted to severely move around, I would go outside, do good for myself, not play a video game console.

The Wii is all hype. Who wants to move around and play Wii Tennis or Wii Golf when, I don't know, they can actually go out and do it? I'm sorry to you, not everyone is involved in the Wii's false hype.

The 360 and PS3 both are taking the traditional controller platform. It's smarter, as if I wanted to severely move around, I would go outside, do good for myself, not play a video game console.

Maybe it's all hype for you, but there are a s#!t-load of non-gamers who absolutely love the Wii.

Oh, and if you were a true gamer you would have realised that there is no "traditional controller". Controllers have been evolving with every generation up until the GCN, PS2, and XBox days. So if you consider that, then I would say that Microsoft and Sony are lagging behind in their evolution.

I have to disagree there, the Wii isn't just Golf and Tennis. It seems you have completely missed the point of the Wii. In my eyes though, the Wii should go along a 360 or PS3, because it definately is more of a party game console.

People who are trying to dispute this by comparing it to the US situation are idiots.

And people who don't believe this news are in denial because they thought they knew the market. Sorry but you're not as smart as you think.

People who are trying to dispute this by comparing it to the US situation are idiots.

And people who don't believe this news are in denial because they thought they knew the market. Sorry but you're not as smart as you think.

Wow, that was smug. Ever stopped to think that you might be the one in denial by accepting this story like gospel? I'm not saying I don't believe the story, but it is extremely odd. I'm almost willing to bet that it's going to be another one of those "try and Ebay them as soon as you get them" sort of things.

People (Fanboys, hatemongers, etc) are in denial if they dispute this news as bullocks. This is Play.com we are talking about, not a rumour site or a fanboy site.

If people want to "Ebay" their machines afterwards, that's another story.

Hasn't everything that guy said already been debunked?

Such as

Blu-ray disks selling 2:1 over HDDVD. Giving away free movies != selling them.

But they weren't giving them away, offering discounts I believe it was but there was absolutly no giving away, quit spreading FUD.

The only reason the PS3 is the most preordered is because....

Sony did their typical - omg theres not gonna be hardly any units anywhere omg omg /generate hype for our failure console

And that is why they are now stacked a mile high anywhere you go.

The only reason the PS3 is the most preordered is because....

Sony did their typical - omg theres not gonna be hardly any units anywhere omg omg /generate hype for our failure console

And that is why they are now stacked a mile high anywhere you go.

You say typical? how It comes "typical" when the PS2 still selling more than the Wii?

It's the most pre-ordered console, but is it the most sold console? I think not, and that's where the profiet comes in; not from the pre-orders. No one can sell them, and seeing PS3's stacked all over the store no matter where you go speaks for itself.

You say typical? how It comes "typical" when the PS2 still selling more than the Wii?

Because the PS2 is like what, 129.99? and has a ton of cheap games, it can't even be compared. But I wouldn't expect you to take that into consideration. Not to mention there was plenty more PS2's available for purchase compared to the Wii

It's probably the most preordered one because all the people out there saw what happened with the 360 and how much money people made on ebay so they ran out to reserve one just to sell it... heck almost everyone I know reserved one just to ebay it, and half them got screwed in the end unable to sell because of false bidders and lack of interest after the first few months

I think you're full of yourself there, buddy. You can find PS2's just about everywhere you go to; the same can't be said about the Wii. Pre-orders doesn't equal sales. The person still has to go to the store, pick it up, and pay for it before that pre-order equals profiet. I could develop a game, make up a false advertisement, and open pre-orders; sure I'd get a lot of pre-orders, but when they seen the product, if they didn't like it and decided not to buy it, I'd make no money, which is exactly what's happening with the PS3.

Typical because they already did it in the US with the PS3. Microsoft did too. Difference is, the Xbox 360 is still selling fairly well.

Also, why don't people get that there's a reason the PS2 is selling so well? It's an established system with tons of games for mostly $49.99 or less and it's dirt cheap.

Because the PS2 is like what, 129.99? and has a ton of cheap games, it can't even be compared. But I wouldn't expect you to take that into consideration. Not to mention there was plenty more PS2's available for purchase compared to the Wii

Exactly, why you said is "typical" when is not, because theres is a plenty of PS2 and we never seen Sony did this before so why again "typical?"

when the supply is low of coz there will be high pre-orders...

also note: the playstation franchise has always been more popular among european countires than any other continent