Enjoy WindowsXP.nu while it lasts

Bink's windows XP reports that today I received a FAX from a Dutch law firm here in Amsterdam representing Microsoft Redmond, USA. Microsoft wants me to handover the domain WindowsXP.nu before December 19th!

"No $hit!" yeah...that's exactly what I thought! Don't worry the site will remain, I'll prove to you that this site is successful not because of the URL but because of the content! Though I need you to keep coming back! I'll loose my No 2 position at Google just underneath MS but with your help and help with colleague webmasters and can get that position back.

I'm still thinking about this issue and how to respond. I'll keep you informed. You can discuss this issue in my forum here

source: Warp2Search

http://www.windowsxp.nu/

I think anything with the name WINDOWS, they want to keep it for themselves, so the public doesn't get them confused. I guess lost revenue.

I used to use a program called Windows Commander, now I use Total Commander. They were hit too, and changed the name, or would face legal action.

I don't know why they are picking on WindowsXP.nu, it's not like he makes money, I just think that's wrong.

i personally think its a Crock Of Sh*t he not posting anything that is i Wrong !! :crazy: I mena WTf everything that i see is a beta leak or public build !

i say Let him be :angry: :angry:

i personally think its a Crock Of Sh*t he not posting anything that is i Wrong !! :crazy: I mena WTf everything that i see is a beta leak or public build !

i say Let him be :angry: :angry:

the point is he's doing it from a doamin name called WindowsXP.nu, if it was from Joeblow.nu i'm sure they wouldn't give a crap, i'm personally suprised it took them this long

Now think this: windowsxp.nu is a number 1 marketing tool for Microsoft, and Yet the company is making all that trouble. What happens next? Will people be afraid of being Ms's diplomats? A logical next step towards Microsoft Pro sites would be the creation of some new sites following the line of, for example, www.shagmicrosoft.com.

So, the call is theirs: they're already loosing share in some segments. Do they also want to loose their people?

Now think this: windowsxp.nu is a number 1 marketing tool for Microsoft,

hahaha...do you honestly believe that?

when the average user(your mommy and daddy) wants anything Microsoft related they go to Microsoft.com first, they don't know or care about windowsxp.nu, although if they found it somehow it's pretty easy to see how they'd think it was an offfical MS site,starting at the name all the way down to the ripped off graphics, thats the problem MS has with it.

if you think this site going down would in anyway affect MS's revenue then you're pretty damn naive.

If Microsoft wasn't so greedy they would let someone who really loves their operating system make a site all about it....but in the end Microsoft proves that they really are the greedy @$$holes everyone says they are.

Edit: I see that this site doesn't replace the word @$$hole with *******, so I decided to replace the the first 3 letters! ;)

Microsoft is not doing anything any other company would do to protect their assests, but of course because it's Microsoft it must be evil :rolleyes: , people seem to think MS is some charity organization, it's a freaking business you morons, of course they're greedy,every business is greedy,if they're not they're not a business for long.

Microsoft is not doing anything any other company would do to protect their assests, but of course because it's Microsoft it must be evil :rolleyes: , people seem to think MS is some charity organization, it's a freaking business you morons, of course they're greedy,every business is greedy,if they're not they're not a business for long.

u working for M$?? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

u working for M$?? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Two words: Posting History

Why Doesnt everybody boycott Windows and all of the other crap MS makes? That would kill them, and then you wouldnt need to worry about this anymore :p

If lots of people started to use some other OS like Linux, then people would create the software/games you want for that os :p

A company is entitled to a fair profit, but, also has an ethical responsibility to the greater community. Billy boy has shown again and again that he will take the buck over all else, and do whatever he has to to get that buck. That's just plain wrong. No wonder MS and Bill are hated the world over.

A company is entitled to a fair profit, but, also has an ethical responsibility to the greater community. Billy boy has shown again and again that he will take the buck over all else, and do whatever he has to to get that buck. That's just plain wrong. No wonder MS and Bill are hated the world over.

it's understandable that you missed Gates numerous contributions to the community, since it's usually not posted here unless it's a bash, look into the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and what they've done for the community,Worldwide and local...but what am i thinking!?!? they're soooo evil

it's understandable that you missed Gates numerous contributions to the community, since it's usually not posted here unless it's a bash, look into the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and what they've done for the community,Worldwide and local...but what am i thinking!?!? they're soooo evil

Bill just gives stuff away as a tax right off, he could care less about anything but more money :(

Bill just gives stuff away as a tax right off, he could care less about anything but more money :(

spoken like a true brainwashed zombie,good job!

100 million dollars to the underprivledged is 100 million dollars, if he didn't donate a dime you dumbasses would complain he doesn't do enough, so he does and you still complain?!? i'm sure if you were on the recieving end of a nice college tuition paid for by Bill then you'd be singing a different tune.

I dont know and I dont care, but based on how that company does things, that is the image *I* get about him  :alien:

Besides, I don't know percentage of the Gates' money is in the foundation, but Bill himself obtained a great deal of his wealth through breaking the law. Sorry, even the Enron executives did things for their families and friends.

In other words, doing something right somewhere doesn't forgive unethical behavior and destroying other people's companies & jobs somewhere else.

Well you have to remember, there are lots of rich individuals that "give back" as you say to the community. Does that make them nice? Well that's hard to say, on the outside yes, but you never know ther true intentions. But that's another story and is not valid as this point in the thread.

I do agree with you that what MS is doing is "staying alive", aka Keeping ahead of the game. But do you really think that this site, this lowely(not lowely in the sense that it's useless but lowely in the fact that it's "competeing" with other "offical XP" sites) fan site will be the downfall of MS? I mean from what I've read in your posts your basicly saying that if MS doesn't get this site there going to die. You have to look at it from both angles, I mean is windowsxp.nu REALLY a THREAT to MS? In my "lowely" opinion. No.