[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Would be cool to hear a bit of an explanation about why the regeneration process can result in a body that is older than the one you currently have.  I dont mean that in a bad way, would be nice to have a reason though.

I guess we think of regeneration as getting younger but that's not what happens at all. Every cell in his body changes. In Time Lord history there have even been changes of gender as well as getting older or younger. 

Here's a bit of the history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(Doctor_Who)

c?14029006=XYEzCjHOG3t-zQCyqAljUiimOsE&f

Click this link (Note: If you?re enrolled in the new Google Maps UI beta, this won?t work. See the note below.)

Move your mouse around a bit. The standard Google Maps directional arrows should pop up, with one little addition: a pair of double arrows. Click those

Bam! You should now be in the TARDIS? bigger-on-the-inside (smaller-on-the-outside) interior.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/13/google-maps-doctor-who-tardis-easter-egg/

Uh, it looks like normal hair to me...? A bit grayish and wispy looking but fine.

Uh, it's like all puffed up around the sides - count dracula style  :|

Come on, no guy is going to wear his hair like that now days so the Dr is going to stand out - he might as well have the celery in his pocket again.

anyone else hope that he wears a black suit and plays the doctor as a Badass

Aparently it's blue but black would be awesome

anyone else hope that he wears a black suit and plays the doctor as a Badass

I'd like to see a Dr that is aware of his regenerations and who they have made him, just like DT towards the end.  I love MS but his Dr is almost comical and A sexual, I need a wise brooding dr that is well aware of his mark on time and space.

I kinda thought they were all "aware" of their previous incarnations? They just had a new persona, but still all the memories etc. I mean sure it's just a way for the show to get a new actor and keep the show going fresh and all, but it's the same Doctor different face and reactions right? DT's Doctor at the end complained and stuff mainly I think because he wanted (along with RTD) was truly sad about leaving and really wanted to make it impactful that he was "dying".

Doctor Who TV reports that in the latest issue of the show's official magazine, Moffat reveals several hints about the upcoming 12th Doctor.

Moffat is "pretty certain" Capaldi will use his native Scottish accent in the role, and revealed that he will be an "older, trickier and fiercer Doctor".

He added that Capaldi's Doctor will make things difficult for assistant Clara, saying: "I think the fun story will be ? and we have the opportunity here ? is this is what regeneration can do to you. He can be very, very different."

Peter Capaldi will debut as the 12th Doctor in Doctor Who's 2013 Christmas special. The series returns to BBC One for its 50th anniversary special on November 23.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a508903/peter-capaldi-to-keep-scottish-accent-for-doctor-who-role.html

Doctor Who TV reports that in the latest issue of the show's official magazine, Moffat reveals several hints about the upcoming 12th Doctor.

Moffat is "pretty certain" Capaldi will use his native Scottish accent in the role, and revealed that he will be an "older, trickier and fiercer Doctor".

Finally. I like the sound of this.

Steven Moffat has promised to tie up the loose ends from Matt Smith?s era in his final episode.

Speaking in the latest issue of DWM (#464), Moffat says: ?The special ties up stuff from all corners of Matt?s tenure ? there are things I set in motion in Matt?s very first episode that I?m paying off now.?

He adds: ?It?s been a long game, but most of the questions that people ask will be answered??

Which ones are you hoping will be answered the most?

Moffat also dropped this other little teaser on the impending regeneration: ?One of the horrors of regeneration is that a certain amount of his persona alters entirely. His appetites and his enthusiasms will change. And that?s sort of what I?m writing about now in Matt?s last episode, the fact that he?s terribly aware that he?s about to be rewritten. And it?s frightening.?

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-will-tie-up-11th-doctor-loose-ends-52618.htm

Remember Colin Baker? Don't try to make him too difficult. ;)

That would be odd to have a crush on a young man one day and the next day he is an old man. I guess then you would finally realize he is alien.

Sounds good to me. Both 10 and 11 slowly cracked under the pressure of being the doctor and it would be good if 12 was the explosion at the end of the build up, finally a regen that that goes straight in to it.

Just don;t mess with my Clara ok?  :angry:

What are the chances of Peter Jackson directing an episode?

"He's serious about it. We talked at The Hobbit premiere - he just wants a Dalek. So we'll give him a Dalek and he'll direct an episode. I think he'd like to us to go to New Zealand. I think it's entirely possible."

Rumour that JK Rowling is writing a short story for the 50th Anniversary.

"I can't confirm that..., right now."

A return for the Doctor's daughter, Jenny?

"The door is open, it's entirely possible."

Similarly, a return for Romana?

"I have actually given no thought at all to Romana. The Time Lords are dead in my mind. They died."

Will Peter Capaldi's Doctor have a Scottish accent?

"I'd be very surprised if he didn't"

On the importance of Rose Tyler.

"When the show came back, I think it really was Billie Piper who brought it back. Those first two years, that was Billie Piper's show. It became David Tennant's show in the third year but it was all about Billie, and Billie as Rose. And Russell [T Davies, former showrunner] was clever in writing that character and casting that character so perfectly. Seriously, in the first two years, that was Billie Piper's show."

Regarding the casting of an older actor being cast as the next Doctor (Peter Capaldi, in case you'd forgotten), Frank Skinner suggested: "I hope it will stop Steven's temptation to make it all flirty between The Doctor and the companion," to which Steven Moffat replied sarcastically, "Yeah, 'cos older blokes - they just don't ever flirt with girls, do they?" Skinner also suggested that Dorium Maldovar would be a brilliant companion. "You really do want to reduce the flirting! I love the character. We would bring him back if we had a good story for him. But he's just a head in a box, which could make it slightly limiting. [Laughs]"

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/steven-moffat-interview.html