Scientists Find Fossil of Enormous Bug

While, I or nobody knows the EXACT age of the earth, I believe it is around 6000 years old.

I also beleive there was a big flood around 4500 years ago...

Do you also believe that the sun revolves around the Earth? (serious question)

If the age of the earth was incorrect then alot of understandings in science would be wrong, and we wouldn't have many of the things we have today.

O and as far as I know there is no evidence that the floods actually happened.

Call me a religious nut if you want... Im not religious btw, God dislikes religion.

Judging by your other posts in previous threads - that is laughable, you definitely do seem religious and at times you're dead set against other religions.

If scientists had no evidence whatsoever regarding the history of our planet and made claims, you would laugh at them - but thats exactly what religion tries to do - it tells us what happened without giving any evidence and much of what it has told us has been proven wrong....it just seems you choose to ignore that.

how old are you cmor, btw? not that age matters - i just like to know who i'm talking to :)

I am 18, a few years out of school now.

I don't think I ever got taught the big bang theory, or evolution at school...thankfully.

And its shame to see so many schools and science text books being filled with this garbage.

They are kids, you tell them something they are gonna believe it, tell them there is life on the moon (wait, wasn't there a thread disproving the existance of that too?) they will more than likely believe it.

The way I see it, If you believe in Creationism as the Bible says, then your reading the truth, This is my opinion, if I am wrong then I am sorry, But if you are an evolutionist then your an athiest ? Either way, you are a lost soul and I believe satan is behind the big bang theory.

Obviously both Creationism and evolution are theories, but one is wrong... Im sure you know which one I will chooose. Even if every single piece of evidence was presented to you, to prove Creationism people would opem there minds, look at whats presented to them and thing, Wow, I think there is a possibility this is right I should find more, But the human mind is deceptive. And there are the people who believe something and thats it, weather they are right or wrong they stick to it.

You guys may get the impression from me that Im the sort of person who is ignorant, no manners ect, but take my words, If you ever met me in public, I'd be one of the most quietest. politest person you ever met, obviously you dont see that from me on here, maybe ill make a thread on my life, lol, but I appologise to everyone for things I have said, (sorry, bad life, bad experiences through childhood / school), and that I won't look at what evolution has to say, but I have looked at the big bang theory and evolution, not a full depth scan of everything, but enough to make my mind up, I've read / seen scientific studies to disprove things that evolutionists say.

Like I said a few times about making a thread about the whole subject, It won't be biased, I dont get much free time but In spare time I will research thoroughly explaining things in the Bible on Creationism ,evidence and things on evolution, until then, you'll just have to wait lol.

Obviously both Creationism and evolution are theories

I stopped taking your post seriously here. Yes, you are ignorant.

What kind of opinion do you think people should have when you ignore the basic things about science, and know nothing about it?

And how do you know that, that is correct ?

They don't know the exact age of something so they create something to try to tell the age, whats to say that what they made to tell the age is completely wrong ??

There is no way to tell the age of something like that, so they just use something like that and then just go along with it, because there is no other explanation.

It wouldn't be the first time scientists were wrong...

Oh, you see my dear child, because it says:

Radiometric dating (often called radioactive dating) is a technique used to date materials, based on a comparison between the observed abundance of particular naturally occurring radioactive isotopes and their known decay rates.[1] It is the principal source of information about the absolute age of rocks and other geological features, including the age of the Earth itself. Among the best-known techniques are potassium-argon dating and uranium-lead dating. By allowing the establishment of geological timescales, it provides a significant source of information about the dates of fossils and the deduced rates of evolutionary change. Radiometric dating is also used to date archaeological remains and ancient artifacts, the best known technique in this field being radiocarbon dating.

You see, the key thing here is the KNOWN DECAY RATES. With a little bit of thinking (yes, I know its hard, but its necessary), you can learn marvelous things.

Oh, and I used blue, big letters to get your attention, because I know that is one hard thing to do.

Ohhh, and by the way. You do know that to house 2 of each species on Earth on a boat, Noah's Ark had to be a lot bigger than an Aircraft Carrier? Now, explain me how Noah made a boat bigger than a carrier with wood and nails. Please.

I don't think I ever got taught the big bang theory, or evolution at school...thankfully.

And its shame to see so many schools and science text books being filled with this garbage.

They are kids, you tell them something they are gonna believe it, tell them there is life on the moon (wait, wasn't there a thread disproving the existance of that too?) they will more than likely believe it.

You do know that the topic disproving the existence of the Moon was not for real, do you?

The way I see it, If you believe in Creationism as the Bible says, then your reading the truth, This is my opinion, if I am wrong then I am sorry, But if you are an evolutionist then your an athiest ? Either way, you are a lost soul and I believe satan is behind the big bang theory.

A lot of religious people study Biology, and Biology itself contradicts what the traditional knowledge religion spreads. To have common sense and know that evolution is real doesn't make you an atheist.

Obviously both Creationism and evolution are theories, but one is wrong... Im sure you know which one I will chooose. Even if every single piece of evidence was presented to you, to prove Creationism people would opem there minds, look at whats presented to them and thing, Wow, I think there is a possibility this is right I should find more, But the human mind is deceptive. And there are the people who believe something and thats it, weather they are right or wrong they stick to it.

See, this is where you're wrong. Why do you say that evolution is a theory? By definition its clearly not. Evolution is as real to life as your love to your God is to you.

Like I said a few times about making a thread about the whole subject, It won't be biased, I dont get much free time but In spare time I will research thoroughly explaining things in the Bible on Creationism ,evidence and things on evolution, until then, you'll just have to wait lol.

I'll be waiting...

You do know that the topic disproving the existence of the Moon was not for real, do you?

Obviously, I didn't think it was real, I can see it most nights...Just the topic...I didnt read it all, because I havent been through the many many pages of it.

A lot of religious people study Biology, and Biology itself contradicts what the traditional knowledge religion spreads. To have common sense and know that evolution is real doesn't make you an atheist.

Ok, Thanks for clearing that one up.

See, this is where you're wrong. Why do you say that evolution is a theory? By definition its clearly not. Evolution is as real to life as your love to your God is to you.

Well, I dont see rock solid evidence to say evolution ACTUALLY happened, yeah all the scientists say and do stuff, but what if they are making it up, Seriously, I gather you believe in the big bang, really prove to me showing me Rock solid evidence.

I'll be waiting...

You may be waiting sometime, There could be alot of stuff in there :D

Well, I dont see rock solid evidence to say evolution ACTUALLY happened, yeah all the scientists say and do stuff, but what if they are making it up, Seriously, I gather you believe in the big bang, really prove to me showing me Rock solid evidence.

I get the notion that you think that evolution is a one time event only (that it happened a long time ago and it ceased to happen). You should search the definition of evolution (meh, I'll post it):

Evolution is the change in the inherited traits of a population from one generation to the next. These traits are the expression of genes that are copied and passed on to offspring during reproduction.

You see, as long as there is life, there is evolution. Evolution is a natural part of life, as reproduction is.

And yes, I do think that the Big Bang happened, most evidence points at it (galaxies and their redshift, proving that galaxies are moving away from eachother, etc).

What I've noticed is that most people who say that the Big Bang Theory is boloney, that Evolution is fake and that Elvis is still alive is that when they see the proof (and by proof I mean scientific studies) and can't understand it (because of a poor Mathematical, Physics, Chemical, Biological studying base), they brand it as... fake.

What I'm saying is that most people who refute scientific studies and proof is because they can't understand it (I ain't saying you're one of them, but it looks like it, sorry).

So you would rather that old ridiculous blind ideas be taught in school instead? If it were up to those who believe so strongly in what the Bible taught them that they shun everything else, we would still think the Earth was the centre of the universe (although maybe you still do).

I am not arguing against religion, just saying that what we know is true today should be noted and not ignored in favour of ancient ideas.

Garabage?? No. Again, you simply don't like it because it contradicts your beliefs.

Creationism has no evidence.. NONE. The Bible?? That's not considered historical fact let alone proof of creationism or a god of any kind.

Are you kidding me?? They?? Science is not some kind of cult you know.

I don't think I ever got taught the big bang theory, or evolution at school...thankfully. And its shame to see so many schools and science text books being filled with this garbage.

Feel free to call it garbage when you've furnished a cogent or sound refutation.

If any conscious entity is behind the event described by inflation theory, it's God.

Observational data of the universe's expansion--of galaxies spreading apart due to the expansion--of lightwaves emitted from those galaxies being stretched and causing their color to shift toward the red end of the spectrum ("redshifting") caused by objects moving farther away--show that the universe is expanding. If the universe is expanding when the arrow of time points forward then of necessity the universe will be contracting if you reverse the arrow of time, just as a movie showing a balloon inflating it will of necessity show the balloon deflating if you rewind it. If that singularity--that condensed form of the fabric of spacetime--really existed then it would've been in a dense and therefore hot state. The heat inside this singularity would be diffused throughout that fabric of spacetime as it expanded but it wouldn't diffuse at a rate that is proportional to the expansion. In various regions of space there should be "relic" heat. This "relic" heat has been observed and is called the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation:

300px-WMAP_2003.png

Inflation Theory is well supported by the evidence. The evidence was furnished through measurements and observations of the phenomena of light and heat. If Satan can alter measurements of the wavelength of light or the radiation of heat, surely Satan can also alter any visualization you receive when you're attempting to read the Bible. After all, your sight of the words in the Bible consists of measurements of the reflectivity of light on the white portions of paper and the black ink upon the paper. If Satan can control the behavior of light throughout the entire Universe, at a "godly" speed as would be needed to accomplish such a feat, then surely he can control the light between your eyes and the papers of the Bible. Thus, if you accept that Satan has the ability to control the behavior of light in order to reject the evidence gathered to support Inflation Theory, then there's absolutely no ground for you to stand on to say that what you are reading is actually God's words rather than Satan's words.

Also, accepting the fact and theory of evolution does not necessarily entail a rejection of theism. It does entail a rejection of certain particular kinds of theism though. That's not a problem with the fact or theory of evolution though, it's a problem with those particular kinds of theism.

I have only two things to say about this quote: (1) creationism is only a theory in the nonscientific use of the word and in that sense of the word evolution is not a theory, so to present them as if there were similar is misleading; (2) oh, the irony of the last sentence.

You guys may get the impression from me that Im the sort of person who is ignorant, no manners ect, but take my words, If you ever met me in public, I'd be one of the most quietest. politest person you ever met, obviously you dont see that from me on here, maybe ill make a thread on my life, lol, but I appologise to everyone for things I have said, (sorry, bad life, bad experiences through childhood / school), and that I won't look at what evolution has to say, but I have looked at the big bang theory and evolution, not a full depth scan of everything, but enough to make my mind up

Since you continually insist that you understood the theory of evolution, please describe the major mechanisms of evolution and how those work together. Then, please explain why you do not accept the vast amount of evidence for horse evolution.

I've read / seen scientific studies to disprove things that evolutionists say.

Such as?

I grew up as a Creationist. I've argued against moderates on this forum itself (when I was an atheist of course) that the very first page of Genesis cannot accomodate a day-age interpretation because it fundamentally contradicts Hebrew semantics and the plain repeated statements for each of the first six days and even if I allowed them that massive error they still wouldn't be able to accomodate the order of appearance for animals and plants in the fossil record and the corroborations of it found in genetic research. I'm aware of the overlapping days explanation and various others. I'm quite well versed on the subject of Young Earth Creationism. As such, you do not need to explain it to me. If you have evidence to present in favor of creationism, feel free to put it forward.

When your personal views of the world rely on a worldwide conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of people, that's a good sign that your beliefs are irrational.

There are hundreds of thousands of fossils found to arise as if from diverging lineages. (Even the Creationist scientists before Darwin's "On the Origin of Species" recognized this peculiarity of the fossil record.) Hundreds of thousands of genetic sequence analyses corroborate the fossil record. Embryological development of various species corroborate the fossil record and genetic sequence analyses. The genetic sequence analyses provide estimates for divergence from common ancestors between organisms, based on the amount of change between them in coordination with their speed of reproduction, and these estimates are generally corroborated by radiometric dating techniques. The radiometric dating techniques are corroborated by dendrochronology (tree-ring dating). Dendrochronology is corroborated by observing the seasonal growth patterns of trees. In fact, there is free dendrochronology software online to analyze tree rings so you can, with your own hard work in a forest pulling cores from the trees, verify carbon-14 dating. Once you've done that, you can progressively verify the other dating techniques. This is not out of reach for someone who is diligantly looking for truth. If you look at the evidence for evolution--and truly look for it instead of pulling up your favorite website or inserting your favorite video of "Dr." Hovind's seminars--you will see that evolution has rock solid evidence in its favor. If, after a thorough investigation on the subject, you still feel that evolution does not have rock solid evidence in its favor, please explain what you would consider rock solid evidence. Judging by your behavior toward evolution (and science in general) thus far, it seems as if "rock solid evidence" must necessarily include God's voice booming down from the clouds saying, "Cmor, evolution is true."

Understanding evolution doesn't make you an Atheist, understanding the Big Bang (even though that term was intended as a smear, I still prefer it) doesn't make you evil or such.

You can't disprove Evolution, you can make corrections to the theory but you can't stop it happening (It's a fact, just like Gravity)

You guys may get the impression from me that Im the sort of person who is ignorant, no manners ect, but take my words, If you ever met me in public, I'd be one of the most quietest. politest person you ever met, obviously you dont see that from me on here, maybe ill make a thread on my life, lol, but I appologise to everyone for things I have said, (sorry, bad life, bad experiences through childhood / school), and that I won't look at what evolution has to say, but I have looked at the big bang theory and evolution, not a full depth scan of everything, but enough to make my mind up, I've read / seen scientific studies to disprove things that evolutionists say.

im too lazy right now to quote all your comments in this reply of yours...so i'm going to sum it all up with my initial clinical evaluation of your state of mind......"Religious nut"

Everyone of course is entitled to their own beliefs. I'm an athiest, and i have friends who are very religious...but you know what sets them apart from you? is that while they believe in god, and what the bible says, they know not to take it at face value, which is something you can't do. They know to interpret it loosely, as it is more just teachings rather than actual fact...you can't do this. You believe the crap that you are force feed in church, and have no ability to reason or decide what data is fact and which is false, you think it is all real, and you therefore are a nut, lumped in with members of the heavens gate cult and other religious nut groups that believe such crazy ideas.

I pity you.

this thread makes me lol so much thank you

you're not the only one...and it's funny too, because you always hear on tv of super crazy cults, and people with really f'd up beliefs...and then you finally meet one...thank you cmor

The earths population is ~6.6bn, 8 people can make that population easily is 4000 years.

I didn't even notice this statement. You love your Answers in Genesis website, don't you? Here, allow me to rebut the argument (using my rebuttal from June 7, 2007) that you apparently read and believed...

Billions of People in Thousands of Years?

I came across an argument on the Answers in Genesis website titled "Billions of People in Thousands of Years?" It sought to prove only a short duration of time is consistent with the current population size. Their calculation, however, was inaccurate because of oversimplification.

(1) The author assumed the infant mortality rate was constant for those tens of thousands of years. This is a false assumption. In developed countries today the infant mortality rate is roughly 0.45%. In less-developed countries such as Afghanistan, however, the rate is roughly 14%. Even Afghanistan has a working economy and a wealth of medical knowledge though. Before civilization, one would expect the infant mortality rate to be higher than that of Afghanistan.

(2) The author didn't consider the affects of the last ice age, which lasted 60,000 years, ending just 10,000 years ago. During 40,000 years of the author's 50,000-year calculation there was an ice age. Because of the high infant mortality rates, those fortunate survivors were likely to freeze to death, get frostbite depriving them of the use of limbs, or starve because vegetation couldn't grow as well in the cold climate.

(3) The author didn't consider the affects of the Neanderthals, which influenced human population size for the first 26,000 years of the 50,000-year calculation. Agriculture was unavailable so early humans relied on hunter-gatherers, as did the Neanderthals. If the Neanderthals hunted the animals or an area before humans could, many humans would have starved to death. If they didn't starve to death but were merely hungry, they might have decided to not have children because it would be too difficult to provide for them.

(4) The author didn't consider agricultural development. Humans lacked agriculture for roughly 39,000 years of the author's 50,000-year calculation. This oversight is obviously not trivial.

(5) The author didn't consider geographic isolation. Today, people can board planes and have sex with people on another continent. Just 1,000 years ago--let alone 50,000 years ago--mates were much harder to find. Even if one did find a mate, the low infant mortality rate and freezing climate ensured many did not survive.

(6) The author didn't consider diseases. One could remove many zeros from the calculation by including the bubonic plague, influenza, smallpox, yellow fever, whopping cough, measles, diptheria, scarlet fever, bilious disorder, cholera, dengue fever, malaria, typhus, typhoid, and polio. Those diseases are only from the last 700 years. One can only imagine the total deaths caused by diseases in the previous 49,300 years.

(7) The author didn't consider the deaths caused by wars, genocides, famines, massacres, concentration camps, terrorism, murders, human sacrifices, suicides, floods, mine collapses, stampedes, animal attacks, and so on.

If I wanted I could continue listing problems with the calculation. With the influences above considered, the Answers in Genesis claim that "4,500 years is more than enough time for the present population to reach 6.5 billion" is clearly absurd.

you're not the only one...and it's funny too, because you always hear on tv of super crazy cults, and people with really f'd up beliefs...and then you finally meet one...thank you cmor

How F***ing dare you, you ****!

I wont accept any insult like that!

Knowing the truth isnt messed up, Your living a lie, and messed up beliefs. Get over it.

As everyone knows, Creationism doesnt have actual evidence, nor does evolution have any provable evidence.

BUT, prove everything wrong with evolution and the big bang and Creationism fits right in place.

Did you know they found Noahs Ark ???? Probably not.

The reason many Christians don't stand up for the truth and what they believe in becuase of people like you, always laughing at us, personally attacking us and just being a complete a*sehole...Believe me, I've been the person that doesn't stand up for what I believe in, because of people like you, Your bullies, I even get taken the p*ss out of today because I'm a Christian and I don't even talk to them about Christianity.

Face it, Your too ashamed of things you've done wrong in your life and your worried that God won't forgive you, But He will.

And Athiests, your arguement of saying you having a better life because you want to be "Lord of your life" so that you can decide what is right and what is wrong.

There have been prophecies on the Bible that have happened and some that are still going to happen in the future. Its been prophesized that anti-christs will come to the earth in the last days to decieve people, they are turning up everywhere, especially in america.

You people don't realize whats going on behind closed doors.

I don't see posts attacking muslims on here, or any other religion, (although, Christianity isn't a religion), probably because you know they'll send a suicide bomber to your home, No offense.

But How is a Christian different to anyone else ?? Were all humans.

I hate being sinlged out because I'm a Christian, not only on here, but everywhere.

I didn't even notice this statement. You love your Answers in Genesis website, don't you? Here, allow me to rebut the argument (using my rebuttal from June 7, 2007) that you apparently read and believed...

Ive never even heard of that website.

You make me laugh

How F***ing dare you, you ****!

I wont accept any insult like that!

Knowing the truth isnt messed up, Your living a lie, and messed up beliefs. Get over it.

I don't see posts attacking muslims on here, or any other religion, (although, Christianity isn't a religion), probably because you know they'll send a suicide bomber to your home, No offense.

But How is a Christian different to anyone else ?? Were all humans.

I hate being sinlged out because I'm a Christian, not only on here, but everywhere.

Ive never even heard of that website.

My what an aggressive boy you are :huh: You do realise what you just did don't you?

People don't single you out for being a christian, but for being narrow-minded, self-defensive when there's no need, and for verbally attacking with **** language like "**** you, **** off", etc.

Oh and btw, show proof of the Noah's ark.

Edited by Colin-uk
dont bypass the swear filter please.