Yahoo! Messenger for Vista

looks interesting, but I'm a bit dissapointed that it's not WLM that comes out with Vista messenger first...

And if they had, everyone + dog would be screaming *monopoly* or *anti-trust*. Part of being Microsoft is largely being given *disincentives* to compete in the area of free products such as IM software.

I just downloaded the preview of YM for Vista, and it does have some rather nice features (even compared to YM 9.0 beta, which preceded it on the same PC). There is a bit of a learning curve, but it should be pretty interesting learning the new Hoo and putting it through its paces.

Performance & RAM usage is very bad on my P4 3 Ghz system with GeForce 6600GT & 1.5 GB RAM, running Windows Vista.

They removed so many features, like Photoshare & webcam....right now this is just like Pidgin, a good text only IM Client. It's also quite buggy right now....

waiting for the final version :), I have uploaded the offline installer to my Skydrive

Looks very nice!

EDIT: this is how it looks after installation on my PC :rolleyes:

post-154036-1196947242.gif

so why are you complaining? they said its designed exclusively for Vista ;)

works here though allot of old features are missing

I got the mail to.

But when I try to sign in with my @live.com account I get a message saying i must have typed the wrong passord.

Guess it doesn't work with @live.com accounts then...or? Anyone?

no 64bit Vista... what a bunch of crap.. somebody should ask Microsoft what exactly was the point of x64 Windows if we are running apps in 32bit mode or they are just not compatible with x64 bit Windows.

no 64bit Vista... what a bunch of crap.. somebody should ask Microsoft what exactly was the point of x64 Windows if we are running apps in 32bit mode or they are just not compatible with x64 bit Windows.

I don't know how much Microsoft has to do with this. I mean from what I can tell you have to go out of your way to get a program to not work in 64 bit.

As for why does so much run in 32 bit mode? Ask third party developers. MS has nothing to do with that, Adobe won't even do Flash for 64 bit.

Offtopic, Rappy, where did you get your wallpaper at?? Looks badass.

Wallpaper :)

notuptome - Yeah you can have tabbed chats, I haven't tried to drag them yet to see if it works but yeah tabbed chats is there.