Yahoo! Messenger for Vista

when i installed this it changed (without asking) my defualt search for firefox. so when i accidentally type in a url wrong or just want a quick search it will no longer use my DNS it will use yahoo.. how to i change it back. i uninstall ed all of the yahoo software that was on my computer and i still cannot figure out how to get my search back thank you for all of your help.

Only few status are available and stealth settings are not available. Preferences looks very limited.

lacking a lot of things :(

It is only a preview of what they will implement later on in the main program.

I just noticed it eats ~35 mb on start,after chatting with only one contact for some time it got slowed and when i checked the Task Manager , messenger was taking 140 MB ram :| .I've installed it on vista and on xp with .net3.The same.

How about you guys....noticed a slowdown after some chating ?...even the text imput starts to lag after some chatting,restarting it makes it work ok again for a little,untill again slows down and get's to 140 mb memory. :(

Don't know what to say...

• 2 months later...
is a there voice, video in the refresh beta in jan'08. still can't find any voice button... :(

Neither. They basically took a year to create a Yahoo messenger with some transparency and flashy animation without much of the core functionality. I hear the Trillian team is hiring.