The Big Wrestling Thread!

Michael Cole's got ripped. :omg:

20150929_MichaelCole_EP_Lights_HP.jpg

I started at 226 pounds with 29.9 percent body fat and as of today, 11 months later, I weigh 169 pounds with 6.5 percent body fat. I was down 65 pounds, but I’ve put on a little weight because we changed my diet and added some calories. I feel better now at 48 years old than I did at 21 years old.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/michael-cole-weight-loss-27987935 

As noted earlier, WWE Superstar John Cena is not being advertised for a number of events following the WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view, including live event dates and RAW.

In a new update, Cena has also been removed from the WWE European tour, which was scheduled to start on November 4th. Furthermore, Cena is actually not featured in any ads for WWE’s November calendar, and isn’t listed for any WWE events again until the WWE live event in Toronto, Canada on December 30th.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/625827-update-john-cena-removed-from-even-more-wwe-events

It appears Carmella suffered a stinger at tonight's WWE NXT live event in Nashville, Tennessee.

During her match against Eva Marie, Carmella took a bump on the back of her head after taking a knee from Eva. Eva quickly got the pin and the match was stopped. The referee threw up the dreaded "X" and motioned to the back of his own head as WWE trainers, including Dr. Chris Amann, came to the ring.

Carmella was crying in the ring but did leave with some help. Eva was met with "please retire" chants. It appears Carmella is alright and just suffered a stinger but we'll keep you updated.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1002/602271/possible-injury-at-tonight-wwe-nxt-live-event/

12072676_10153355812539748_4739765039521 

Professional wrestler and noted academic Scott Steiner earned yet another feather in his cap today when he was bestowed with an honorary doctorate in mathematics from the University of Oxford.

Prof. Steiner, best known for his bulging biceps and his landmark algorithm for calculating n-complete log-space differential equations, was lauded by peers as a “giant in the ring and at the blackboard.”

Though fans of professional wrestling get only rare glimpses of Prof. Steiner’s genius — such as his eloquent proof of victory over Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe — he is well-known in academic circles as “Big Poppa Polynomial” and “The Algebraic Freak.”

“Most people think I’m all brawn and no brains,” said Prof. Steiner during a commencement address at Oxford’s Sheldonian Theatre. “But those people have only an i2=?1  percent chance of being right.”

During his commencement speech, Prof. Steiner proposed a novel solution to the Erdos conjecture on arithmetic progressions, did 100 push-ups, and challenged Stephen Hawking to a fight.

He also revealed that his ever-growing collection of tattoos represent a complex mathematical riddle — and not, as widely believed, the very bad decisions of a man with no aesthetic sensibilities

http://www.kayfabenews.com/steiner-awarded-honorary-doctorate-mathematics/

Man, I wonder what happened when Brock had to drop SHow early on the first F5 in MSG? Oft angle, too fat show, unprepared Brock? Sandbag show? Who knows. 

Looking back at it, I'd go with overeager Brock; I get the feeling he overdid it ever so slightly when lifting Big Show up and instead of trying to save it - which could have ended badly - he wisely put him down.

Anyone watch TNA Bound for Glory? It was surprisingly good, although the audio issues and the botches at the beginning of the Ultimate X match are gonna book it a good chunk of time in the next Botchamania (as well as Tyrus saying he's going for "the heavyweight world championship of the world").

^^ I wanted Drew Galloway to win, but they were in North Carolina, so no real surprise there.

Gotta mention Andrew Everett, too; made his debut in the Ultimate X match...

Seriously, a springboard 630. :omg: 

######## OUCH. :pinch:

If anyone wants to buy wrestling merch where the proceeds will actually go to charity, ROH has got you covered.

Daniel Bryan says he plans to officially retire from the ring if the next neurologist he sees will not medically clear him to wrestle.

Bryan recently spoke with Meghan Sullivan of IGN.com to promote WWE 2K16 and of course was asked about his health. Bryan says he had a concussion back in April and WWE is hyper-sensitive about concussions right now. He got medically cleared by a neurologist who specializes in concussions, but WWE’s Dr. Joseph Maroon wasn’t convinced he should be wrestling.

“One neurologist who specializes in concussions — who was the neurologist for the Super Bowl last year — cleared me with no limitations. All my testing came back excellent,” he said. “But the WWE’s medical doctor [Joe Maroon] is sceptical, because of my history of concussions and that sort of thing. So they will not clear me.”

“They’re going to send me to a third doctor at some point in the near future and that doctor will decide my fate.”

As badly as he wants to get back in the ring, Bryan said this third doctor’s appointment will probably be the deciding factor in whether or not he has to retire. If the third doctor advises against him wrestling again, he will retire.

“The WWE doctor Joe Maroon [is] amazing and highly respected in the concussion field, and if they send me to a third neurologist who’s also highly respected in the concussion field and they say literally no…well, then is it really smart to go against two doctors? I get all fired up…and then I’m like, maybe that’s not the best thing for me and my family going forward.”

In the event that his days as an active competitor are over, Bryan says he’s open to working with WWE in a non-wrestling capacity, possibly announcing or as a trainer.

http://www.sescoops.com/daniel-bryan-says-he-will-retire-if-the-next-doctor-he-sees-wont-clear-him/

This may be a spoiler for NXT Takeover Respect tonight...

According to several sources inside Full Sail University, former TNA star James Storm is backstage at NXT Takeover Respect.

WZ cannot confirm at this time whether or not there are plans to use Storm on the show tonight, but as seen in the photo below, he is indeed at Full Sail University (alongside Billy Gunn, on the right), the site of tonight’s Takeover Respect special.

storm-fullsail

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/627677-exclusive-breaking-news-former-top-tna-star-backstage-at-nxt-takeover-respect-photo