The Big Wrestling Thread!

It's funny that there isn't one yet so therefore, here is the big WWE thread. What happened last monday, tuesday or friday? How do you feel about it? What do you think about the next PPV?

Discuss it all in here...

WWE just got mega-dull again.

Cena is back, being the puppet he is.

Big show is back - lot's of slow matches.

Y2J was missused and becomes another mid-card jobber

HHH is back to winning

Hell, we could rewind the WWE 4 years and see the same matches.

• Like 2

Sick of Cena, (The fans don't know rather to love or hate him)

Big Show is good to beat up little people,

They really need to use Y2J more and give him a title shot since he's back

I really thought they'd give Jeff the tittle shot at WM24 but to no avail (WTF)

• Like 1

Yeah defo time to give guys like Jeff, Jericho, Rey Mysterio pushes these guys are the most exciting in the business and are the future.

Good to see Big Show back and man that guys has lost some weight !!!

Yeah defo,until he decides to give the wrestling game up i think he will always be involved in the main events due to his family connections with Vince.

Nice idea for a thread. I don't usually watch Raw because it's usually got the same stuff happening or the same people are always in the main event like HHH and Cena. It was pretty refreshing for a while with Orton and Hardy being the main event but now Cena and HHH are back into it i can't be bothered to watch. Oh and not to forget Vince, his current storyline bores the hell out of me but at least Finley's getting a push.

I usually watch Smackdown because Edge and MVP are way more entertaining.

I actually hate MVP because he has like the 7th longest reign of the US title and when did he last defend it, 3 months back?...its a disgrace to the US titles history. I just want to see how they use Mayweather its clear its gonna be a WM ppv match against the Big Show just how like a tag match with Rey or just him 1 on 1.

I'm an HHH fan so I don't mind him winning, he has an awesome way of fighting. It's been ages though since I saw Kane on the Raw scene and I miss him. The brothers of destruction were the best tag-team (along side the Hardy Boyz) I've ever seen.

As for Smackdown, the Undertaker should beat the hell out of Edge. I can't stand his relationship with (what's her name again) to keep his title.

• Like 1

I'm an HHH fan so I don't mind him winning, he has an awesome way of fighting. It's been ages though since I saw Kane on the Raw scene and I miss him. The brothers of destruction were the best tag-team (along side the Hardy Boyz) I've ever seen.

As for Smackdown, the Undertaker should beat the hell out of Edge. I can't stand his relationship with (what's her name again) to keep his title.

Vicky Guerrero and the only reason she is still there is because they feel sorry for her that she has nothing now.

I can see Edge maybe ending takers streak :(

I actually hate MVP because he has like the 7th longest reign of the US title and when did he last defend it, 3 months back?...its a disgrace to the US titles history.

Agreed. WWE is forgetting its own rules. There is a rule in WWE that says that a title must be defended at least once every 30 days. They've had to strip champions because of major injuries that left them unable to defend the title in 30 days.

• Like 1

Agreed. WWE is forgetting its own rules. There is a rule in WWE that says that a title must be defended at least once every 30 days. They've had to strip champions because of major injuries that left them unable to defend the title in 30 days.

Which brings me to the other point about MVP he was ill with a heart problem and was not stripped of the title and for the month or so he was out they could of had a new champion like Matt Hardy who deserves a good push.

I thought that Matt was originally supposed to win in a big payoff match resulting in a push for him but he got injured. Or am i just remembering something else?

The only reason i don't mind the Edge/Vicky storyline is because Edge is in it and it's adding to his heel character because we all know that he's using her to keep the title. And frankly, that just makes him more awesome.

Oh and did anyone else notice that when Orton got hit the ref at No Way Out that some of the crowd started cheering and jumping around when he got disqualified? I found that pretty funny.

Is it just me or are the crowds at WWE events simply dead these days? Or at least that's how it portrays on TV. I was watching some old classics of The Rock doing mic work on Daily Motion and I just thought WOW, he could damn sure work the crowd. Nowadays, whenever anyone picks up a mic all you hear is the occasional "What!"

I suppose they can hardly be blamed though. You've got the usual suspects dominating the main events. You've got stupidity like Hornswoggle vs Khali which you know just has "insert babyface interruption here to save the day" written all over it. Mid-carders are forever remaining mid-carders. Decent wrestlers just disappearing on to house shows. (I was gonna mention Shelton Benjamin here, but amazingly they've put him into the MITB Ladder match - which he won't win of course! That's reserved for Kennedy imo)

When you thought they learnt their lesson with Katie Vick, we got Katie Lea and the incest angle!

And what's with the brand extention? Either do it or don't! You got RAW wrestlers on SmackDown, SmackDown wrestlers on RAW, ECW Wrestlers on both! Make your mind up or just make it one big brand again. I mean 2 ECW guys are the SmackDown Tag Team champions - Why? Get some decents Tag Teams on SmackDown! Get some decent Tag Teams period! Constantly bringing back DX for the "one night only reunion" every few weeks doesn't consitute a decent Tag Team division.

I agree with the comment about the US Title and add to that the Intercontinental Title too! Keep the divisions going separately. Lately we've had Jeff Hardy fighting his way to a WWE Title shot, in that case, make him drop the title and get some other guys working that division.

I don't know if it's the lack of decent competition that is causing WWE to act what in my view is just complacency, but well the past just shows that a big attack on it's viewing figures like WCW managed with the nWo is the only thing that threatens Vince and his domination in the "Sports Entertainment" market. It looks like the WWE relaxed attitude is here to stay for a while.

One final note: Mayweather's due to get $20m for his Wrestlemania appearance. Now that is one cool payoff!

• Like 1

I have to agree about the dead crowds. I watched an opening of Raw from 10-11 years ago and the crowd were mental and all you could see was a sea of signs. Now, i don't know if it's due to sign confiscating or the crowd being less excited but you don't see it anymore.

Is it just me or are the crowds at WWE events simply dead these days? Or at least that's how it portrays on TV. I was watching some old classics of The Rock doing mic work on Daily Motion and I just thought WOW, he could damn sure work the crowd. Nowadays, whenever anyone picks up a mic all you hear is the occasional "What!"

I suppose they can hardly be blamed though. You've got the usual suspects dominating the main events. You've got stupidity like Hornswoggle vs Khali which you know just has "insert babyface interruption here to save the day" written all over it. Mid-carders are forever remaining mid-carders. Decent wrestlers just disappearing on to house shows. (I was gonna mention Shelton Benjamin here, but amazingly they've put him into the MITB Ladder match - which he won't win of course! That's reserved for Kennedy imo)

When you thought they learnt their lesson with Katie Vick, we got Katie Lea and the incest angle!

And what's with the brand extention? Either do it or don't! You got RAW wrestlers on SmackDown, SmackDown wrestlers on RAW, ECW Wrestlers on both! Make your mind up or just make it one big brand again. I mean 2 ECW guys are the SmackDown Tag Team champions - Why? Get some decents Tag Teams on SmackDown! Get some decent Tag Teams period! Constantly bringing back DX for the "one night only reunion" every few weeks doesn't consitute a decent Tag Team division.

I agree with the comment about the US Title and add to that the Intercontinental Title too! Keep the divisions going separately. Lately we've had Jeff Hardy fighting his way to a WWE Title shot, in that case, make him drop the title and get some other guys working that division.

I don't know if it's the lack of decent competition that is causing WWE to act what in my view is just complacency, but well the past just shows that a big attack on it's viewing figures like WCW managed with the nWo is the only thing that threatens Vince and his domination in the "Sports Entertainment" market. It looks like the WWE relaxed attitude is here to stay for a while.

One final note: Mayweather's due to get $20m for his Wrestlemania appearance. Now that is one cool payoff!

Yeah I mentioned the Mayweather thing in the exclusive stand alone thread in this section!