The Big Wrestling Thread!

I appreciate that Ryback is taking a stand for what he believes in.  I just don't really agree with what he believes in.  People who draw crowds and ratings should get paid more.  Heels who lose, Heels who win, Faces who lose, Faces who win, it doesn't matter as long as they draw.  Ryback isn't really a draw in my opinion.  He may work hard and I can get behind that, but it doesn't change the fact that he isn't very charismatic and I have never really cared if he is on a card or not when I am watching.  Like him or hate him, Cena puts butts in seats because people love to love him and love to hate him.  Charisma gets you that.  Even when Lesnar was losing all of his matches to Cena a couple years back, he was still a draw because people want to see him perform and Heyman is charismatic on his behalf.  Ryback never had a good move set or solid mic skills, it's unfortunate that hard work didn't pay off big for him, but sometimes that happens.

Someone on WrestlingInc made a good point:  Everyone on the Cleveland Cavaliers works their butts off, that's why they are in the NBA.  Lebron gets paid more than all of them by far because he puts butts in seats, win or lose.  Some people are just innately better at that than others, hard work aside.

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 7:03 PM, MightyJordan said:

Yeah, I saw that during the match.  I really appreciated Ryback saving Kalisto.  Otherwise, Kalisto would probably be on the shelf for a while

WWE's done their annual spring cleaning again. Eight releases... http://www.wwe.com/article/damien-sandow-king-barrett-other-superstars-released

• Hornswoggle (Meh.)
  • Alex Riley (Meh, but he's going out on a high; his last taped NXT match is against Shinsuke Nakamura.)
  • El Torito (Not surprising, since Los Matadores was scrapped.)
  • Cameron (Meh.)
  • Santino Marella (Well, bugger. I always liked him, and it sucks he got forced into early retirement.)
  • Wade Barrett (Definitely the biggest loss of the bunch, but not surprising, since he's wanted to leave for the past few months. Hopefully he'll tour the indies.)
  • Damien Sandow (Nooooooooooooooo!!!)
  • Zeb Colter (Shame; could have probably put him to good use during the US presidential campaign.)

3 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

WWE's done their annual spring cleaning again. Eight releases... http://www.wwe.com/article/damien-sandow-king-barrett-other-superstars-released

• Hornswoggle (Meh.)
  • Alex Riley (Meh, but he's going out on a high; his last taped NXT match is against Shinsuke Nakamura.)
  • El Torito (Not surprising, since Los Matadores was scrapped.)
  • Cameron (Meh.)
  • Santino Marella (Well, bugger. I always liked him, and it sucks he got forced into early retirement.)
  • Wade Barrett (Definitely the biggest loss of the bunch, but not surprising, since he's wanted to leave for the past few months. Hopefully he'll tour the indies.)
  • Damien Sandow (Nooooooooooooooo!!!)
  • Zeb Colter (Shame; could have probably put him to good use during the US presidential campaign.)

Pretty much agree with your take on them.  Santino could have been kept for color commentary, back stage interviews, etc, but I guess that wasn't in the cards.  Sandow being gone is a big disappointment.  He was GREAT with The Miz, and in most of what he did.  To bad he wasn't allowed to keep going.

Just remembered - thanks to an email from ROH - that Global Wars is on tonight; the annual joint show between ROH and NJPW. Gonna be another good one, looking at the card...

unnamed.jpgunnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpgunnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (4).jpgunnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (7).jpg

An awesome bitfrom EVOLVE 61, which I'll spoiler tag in case anyone here watches EVOLVE...

Spoiler

During tonight’s Raw, a commercial aired locally in Honolulu announcing that Brock Lesnar’s opponent at the live event taking place on June 29th at the Neal Blaisdell Arena will be Kevin Owens.

The commercial also included the announcement of John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the first time ever.

The following is more event information from the arena website:

Monday, April 25 – The WWE Live event scheduled for June 29th in the Blaisdell Arena has had overwhelming support from Hawaii.  All currently available tickets have been purchased. Stay tuned as some production holds may be released as the show date nears.

WWE LIVE RETURNS TO OAHU JUNE 29

Tickets Available April 22nd!

For the 1st time in nearly 7 years, WWE LIVE will make a stop at Honolulu’s Blaisdell Arena on Wed, June 29, 2016.  This will be your chance to see your favorite WWE Superstars and Divas LIVE! SEE: Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho, Bray Wyatt, New Day, Kevin Owens, The Usos, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka, Charlotte plus many more!

WWE offers the best value in entertainment, with tickets starting at $20. Tickets to WWE LIVE go on sale Friday, April 22nd at 9:00 AM and are available at www.ticketmaster.com, Blaisdell Box office, area Ticketmaster Outlets, and charge-by-phone 1-800-745-3000.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/707171-john-cena-wwe-hawaii-opponent

Holy ######... :omg: That better be a WWE Network special!

PWInsider.com is reporting WWE released The Brooklyn Brawler, Steve Lombardi, last week.

Lombardi had been with the company for more than 30 years, but was reportedly released quietly from his contract last week. WWE has not publicly reported this, but PWInsider noted that they did confirm the release after Lombardi’s name originally came up during last week’s talent releases, but remained unconfirmed until now.

-------------

According to PWInsider.com, Triple H has signed a new three year wrestler contract with WWE as recent paperwork was filed with the SEC.

The deal was dated May 9th, so the assumption is that Triple H will be wrestling at least through WrestleMania 35. The deal would then renew annually unless one party informs the other of an intent to terminate the contract.

Edited by timster

Raymond "Adam Rose" Leppan was arrested this morning by The Hillsborough, Florida Sheriff's office at 1:30.  He was charged with Tampering With a Witness and Battery Domestic Violence.  As of this writing, he has not been released yet.

Obviously, this not a good thing for a person already serving a 60 day WWE suspension

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=101919 + http://www.tampabay.com/mugshots/mugs/hillsborough/2016/may/11/16018149/

Well, he's well and truly ######ed up now.

Don't worry guys, he'll find new employment in TNA or ROH etc. Wrestlers always move around company to company, that's just how it is. Even for drug addicts (though I am inclined to actually believe him on that one) and women beaters.

2 hours ago, LOC said:

Don't worry guys, he'll find new employment in TNA or ROH etc. Wrestlers always move around company to company, that's just how it is. Even for drug addicts (though I am inclined to actually believe him on that one) and women beaters.

until TNA drops off the face of the earth.. I mean they're on the edge right now.