The Big Wrestling Thread!

That Undertaker match

makes sense too if Sting is coming to WrestleMania 31 to face him.  You couldn't have Sting beat the streak in what will probably be his only WWE match and I really do not see Sting signing a deal just to lose in that match.

Yeap. Say goodbye to WWE. Triple H, by far the most stupid man on the face of this Earth. 

I've remained a spectator in this thread but I have to agree.

There is some logic in Owen's post but dear god...Undertaker losing the streak to Lesnar of all people? Seriously?

Honestly, I can't believe they gave the streak to Lesnar. How many matches has he even wrestled since 'returning?' None. This just goes to prove that idiots run the show.

If they were going to give the streak to Lesnar, I wish they would have had him beat Cena and HHH in the lead up this year.  Having him lose those matches then beat Taker just makes Taker look that much more weak. 

Let's clear a rumor up right now. First off, it was not Triple H or Vince McMahon who chose to end the streak.  It was the Undertaker's decision to end the streak. It was also Undertaker's decision to end the streak with Lesnar.

Even though Lesnar may have been working a part time schedule in WWE, he was the only legimate threat to the streak. Out of all the matches Undertaker had with Lesnar in the past, Lesnar won a majority of them.  Also, Undertaker knew that if he won against Lesnar, he would have to defend the streak against Cena in the future, and there is no way Undertaker was going to lose the streak to Cena. 

It was also clear when watching the match that Undertaker was in extremely poor shape.  He got tired very easily and seem very winded.  I don't think Undertaker could have worked another match at WM 31.  

In the end, it's sad the streak is over, and that it went to someone who was somewhat underdeserving (personally, I think the streak should have went to an upcoming star to give them a big push), but in the end, it was Undertaker's decision.

Results of my predictions: 3 / 8 ( -0.5 because the divas winner was my second choice, +0.5 because I predicted the split after the tag match) but I am going to flip tables all day

If the goal of WM30 was to give people emotions, well, the internet sure is ablaze and it gives something to remember.

BUT!  extremely BAD booking of the middle matches.

- Super-Cena overcomes all odds? AGAIN? Yawwwwwm.

- Undertaker-Lesnar.  Biggest shock and dissappointment.

The streak should have been ended with a bang, to finish the Undertaker career on an AAA match with a younger talent to elevate him to superstardoom, because, the Undertaker is past his prime. But Lesnar? Really? not Reigns? Not Cesaro? Even Randy Orton would have been a better choice. It does not help Lesnar at all.

NJPW looks so much better ...

• Like 2

First time I've ever watched it live (am in Australia so work had to take a back-seat, and I had to find somewhere showing it). Simply incredible. It's one of the first PPVs where I've actually wanted the outcome of each match to be exactly what happened. Awesome.

Aside from the outcome, the Taker - Lesnar match was plain horrible, unfortunately. Taker looked in the worst shape I've ever seen, just a tired, bald and old man... His wrestling days are over, sadly, but the way they ended this was pathetic.

He should have put CM Punk over last year and that would've been swell. This just felt rushed due to declining health.

• Like 1

WWE today released a statement on their corporate website announcing that the WWE Network has 667,287 subscribers, and is touting that the network is "well on its way to reaching its goal of 1 million subscribers by the end of 2014". You can read the full statement below:

WWE NETWORK ON TRACK TO 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS

STAMFORD, Conn., April 7, 2014 ? WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that WWE Network has 667,287* subscribers and is well on its way to reaching its goal of 1 million subscribers by the end of 2014 just 42 days after launching in the U.S., making it the fastest-growing digital subscription service. This announcement comes following a historic WrestleMania? 30, which aired live on WWE Network as well as on pay-per-view through satellite and cable providers from a sold-out Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

WWE Network launched on February 24 in the U.S. and will be rolled out in Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics in late 2014/early 2015.

WWE Network is the first 24/7 streaming network that provides access to live and scheduled programming, including all 12 live pay-per-view events, as well as the most comprehensive video-on-demand library. Available for only $9.99 a month ? with a six month commitment ? fans can subscribe to WWE Network at WWE.com. WWE Network is available on connected devices including Apple TV, Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation? 3, Sony PlayStation? 4 and Xbox 360. WWE Network is also available through the WWE App on iOS devices, including Apple iPad and iPhone, Amazon?s Kindle Fire devices and Android devices, as well as on desktops and laptops via WWE.com.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/467015-wwe-announce-network-subscriber-figure-say-they-are-on-track-for-1-million

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2014/2014_4_7.jsp

I'm one of those. Pretty good. Although that could be the peak - the people signing up for WM.

The problem with what happened is that it overshadowed the rest of the show. Should have gone on last.

I realize that would be sort of a giveaway and take away from Bryan's moment, but the Divas never had a chance (they didn't anyway) and it took A LOT to get anyone interested in the main event.

It was nice to see Cesaro win the Battle Royal.  The Shield match wasn't even a match, it was just a 5 minute beat down.  Diva's match didn't have a chance due to Brock/Undertaker.  Cena's match was good, but the ending was no surprise. Cena's not going to lose a mid-card match at Wrestlemania.  HHH vs. Bryan was decent, but nothing special.  Brock/Undertaker was clearly the worst match of the night.  You can tell there were points in the match where Brock didn't know what to do as Undertaker couldn't even stand during the last half of the match. It makes me wonder how Undertaker was ever cleared to wrestle.  Main event was okay, but then again nothing special.  Bryan had to win, especially due to the Brock/Undetaker match.  

Good thing I only paid $9.99 as the PPV was not worth more than that.

Pre-show - Fatal four-way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship: The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) © vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) vs. The Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel (RybAxel)

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational: Every single diva's in the match. I'm gonna take the predictable route and say Tamina wins, thus bringing the Shawn Michaels & Diesel comparison around full circle.
Six-man tag team match: The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs. Kane and The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn)
Andr? the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Once again, I'm going the predictable route and saying Big Show wins the trophy.
For the third spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match: Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H - Screw any logic, I'm siding with the Yes Movement!
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar - Definitely not making the same mistake as last year when I bet on CM Punk to beat Taker; thank #### it was just the winnings of the free bet I placed on The Miz in the pre-show! :p
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton © vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan or Triple HI've seen a few people online predict that the main event actually becomes a Fatal Four Way with both HHH and Bryan in it. Sounds like a Russo-esque swerve, but hell, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

5 out of 8.

I finished watching an hour ago and I'm still reeling from it all. What a WrestleMania. Plenty of good moments, the usual fair share of bad moments, but Taker/Lesnar... "holy ######" was my reaction.  :omg: Actually, that smiley isn't enough...

heyman.jpg

On a less serious note...

1511382_487032281426167_8697809544695747

10246478_795831950441916_335142174866963

1957918_486867618109300_5108652686980883

And I wonder if this is real...?

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet