MKV files and Media Center

i just got this gotsent thingy and just let it do it's job. I burned it to a DVDRW to test but i'm sure it would work over the network too... right now same quality (freaking great!) and i'm definitely enjoying it for sure.

i just got this gotsent thingy and just let it do it's job. I burned it to a DVDRW to test but i'm sure it would work over the network too... right now same quality (freaking great!) and i'm definitely enjoying it for sure.

Well im giving this a shot atm, but i didnt know the x360 played mp4s?

EDIT: well the results are in and the mp4 plays in media center but its still stuttering in full screen mode, im lost for ideas now

EDIT:2 just tried playing the mp4 via the 360 and i just got a black screen, audio or video didnt play, i need a mkv to wmv converter

Edited by Unimatrix Xero

• 1 month later...

To quote Will Riker ... Yes, absolutely, I do indeed concur wholeheartedly. Gotsent is a Godsend, I transcode to MP4 and I'm all set plus if need be I can stream to 360 with TVersity

No issues here either. I use ffdshow, latest beta build (may be key) and Haali media splitter. It's all you need.

I also use this: http://damienbt.free.fr/

Recommended highly. I used to use codec packs, but glad I found this solution. Oh, and I doubt you have a weaker cpu than the one on my mce. An A64 3300+

EDIT: well the results are in and the mp4 plays in media center but its still stuttering in full screen mode, im lost for ideas now

I haven't seen this mentioned yet here, but your card should support DXVA hardware acceleration which might help with your problem. Grab http://bluesky23.hp.infoseek.co.jp/DXVAChecker_1510.zip it will let you know what your video card supports exactly. Then grab a copy of MPC-HC, and extract the file MPCVideoDec.ax and register it with regsvr32, it supports hardware decoding, FFDShow and CoreAVC do not. All the video decoding is offloaded to your video card and on your system watching a 720p movie you should only see 5-7% CPU usage when watching a 720p video.

Also within DXVA Checker you can test your videos to make sure all is working:

post-251118-1209227810_thumb.jpg

post-251118-1209227826.jpg

• 1 month later...
I haven't seen this mentioned yet here, but your card should support DXVA hardware acceleration which might help with your problem. Grab http://bluesky23.hp.infoseek.co.jp/DXVAChecker_1510.zip it will let you know what your video card supports exactly. Then grab a copy of MPC-HC, and extract the file MPCVideoDec.ax and register it with regsvr32, it supports hardware decoding, FFDShow and CoreAVC do not. All the video decoding is offloaded to your video card and on your system watching a 720p movie you should only see 5-7% CPU usage when watching a 720p video.

Also within DXVA Checker you can test your videos to make sure all is working:

To Shao128, please how I can extract mpcvideodec.ax from latest build of MPC-HC?

Many thanks

Hello Shao128, thanks for replay.

But you has type:

Then grab a copy of MPC-HC

I understand it as download exe file, and from it extract *.ax file...

Single filter of mpcvideodec.ax on sourceforge is pretty old. Latest build of mpc-hc allow using dxva for 8800 nvidia series. But i need this as single filter. With 1.1.0.0 doesnt work for me.

Thanks a lot

Sorry I should have clarified. The package you downloaded is just the player itself. Youll want to grab the standalone fitler package, the .ax is in there. 1.1.0.0 is the last official release, if you are looking for newer builds (alpha/beta) you can find them in this thread http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123537 Its a little long, but look towards the end, they are posted there.

Sorry I should have clarified. The package you downloaded is just the player itself. Youll want to grab the standalone fitler package, the .ax is in there. 1.1.0.0 is the last official release, if you are looking for newer builds (alpha/beta) you can find them in this thread http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123537 Its a little long, but look towards the end, they are posted there.

Many thanks, but i know about this thread. Here is latest build of exe file. But I need only MPCvideodec.ax filter from 558 exe build.

I dont know much about c++ compitation, does anybody compile this file from source code?

Its in that thread I posted above, it might be a few pages back from the end. I downloaded it a couple days ago.

Yop, great thanks.

I hope it will works for me :)