[VS] Watercolor Lite v2.0

hmmm I see. Well it's not a big concern, so it isnt a big priority If it gets fixed in the future, then it will, but I'm not going to try and solve rogue bugs for individual programs when I'm already stressed for time. Sorry
D'oh!
*edit* heh, I fixed it in about 2 seconds...  the fix will be in the next minor update which will probably be once I fix the checkbox bug.

Woohoo! Way to go! Looks like both the bugs that were "bugging" me will be gone next time. Thanks.

D'oh!

Woohoo! Way to go! Looks like both the bugs that were "bugging" me will be gone next time. Thanks.

yup, cause I just figured out the checkbox bug!

It was something I'm sure noone would have even thought of.

It seems that if the checkbox check is exactly black or 0 0 0 windows inversed it, thus making it white and indistinguishable between checked and unchecked. :wacko: Damn buggy MS theme engine... *shakes fist* well ok that narrows my bug list down to 1 remaining bug that is fixable! :woot: yay me! *faints*

Update will follow... if not tonight, tomorrow.

Chris

UPDATE: Watercolor Lite v2.1

Finally fixed the checkbox bitdepth bug and a few other misc. bugs :)

:woot: :woot: :woot:

download link is in the first post. But if your too lazy to go there, here it is ;):

Watercolor Lite v2.1

Thanks again to bug reporters :)

Chris

Lovin' it Binary, but I've always had one problem with your skin. The original shellstyle for Ergonomic never worked for me on the original Watercolor and now Watercolor Lite, any ideas?

Lovin' it Binary, but I've always had one problem with your skin. The original shellstyle for Ergonomic never worked for me on the original Watercolor and now Watercolor Lite, any ideas?

No shellstyle is included in this version. I will add revamped shellstyles in the next major revision.

Also they may not have worked before, if you didnt have them in the correct folders.

Chris

When I have time, perhaps I'll make a main page to my site. :) As for the differences, I dont think there are many, if any. Just the updated colour schemes.

Chris

Thanks for the clarification, and great job (as I know you've deservedly heard a few thousand times) on the vs.

does anyone know where i can find a modded version of Watercolour, without the start-menu - replaced by the dot-like gradient (usually left to the minimise/maximise/close buttons)? i've had trouble finding it. thanks.

also, i have a problem with this style, i will post a screenshot up later - it is regarding the three buttons not showing fully once the window is maximised. i found this strange, as once before i reinstalled XP, it was perfectly fine. my resolution had not been changed, perhaps i should download this version.

To Jason: I don't think you can find the links to the mod on the board. Find someone who has it (like in a screenshot or something) and ask them for the Bitmaps.

As for bugs, I have one. It concers that the words are cut off on a button. Like "Continue" would be seen as "Contin" and the "ue" would be cut off.

Well, this kicks ass. I've been using watercolor in one incarnation or another since the uxtheme.dll was first hacked many months ago. Despite the fact that there are actually a few good themes out there, I find myself coming back. Partly I'm frustrated that I can't find anything out there that is both nice-looking and usuable for more than 30 minutes before it's too anoying to stare at any longer. Then you just HAD to go release a version with the "violet" substyle! I'd still like to see a red substyle, but even if it never comes you have ensured that I will continue to use watercolor for many months to come. Great work, Binary! Looking forward to the new shellstyle; in the past I have just substituted the Luna shellstyles, as the watercolor shellstyles were just too bland, so I can't wait to see what you're cookin up.

Maybe someone can help me out..?!

I`m using ICQ with ICQ Plus and Watercolor Lite 2!

When I`m to use the xp-theme for ICQ I`m having this problem (see ss)

Is this a bug in watercolor or in ICQ Plus? Anybody have an idea?

post-36-1047305886.png

its a problem with ICQ Plus, for me it doensnt apply any XP them fine :p

First off is there going to be a msgina.dll? Cause there's a logonui-like theme already and the theme would be more complete if there would be a msgina. Anyway this is just a suggestion.

heres a bug i found the check boxes are all big

Dan

Not really a bug. It's more of a thing that Windows does in its Internet Options dialog. It uses a different set of checkboxes.

heres a bug i found the check boxes are all big

Dan

I could have made them normal sized, however, IE distorts them at random, and it looked really ugly. So I opted for the way luna displayed them, which is large, but not all distorted.

Chris

If you've been using 3rd party visual styles long enough, you'll start to find that alot of programs that rely on XP's skinning engine for widgets (Photoshop, ICQ plus etc..) based their configurations on luna. So the end result is usually ugly with anything other than luna, or a luna based style.

Chris

As for bugs, I have one. It concers that the words are cut off on a button. Like "Continue" would be seen as "Contin" and the "ue" would be cut off.

do you have an example (pic)?

It's probably just a mix up with the content margins. (stylebuilder likes jumbling my values from time to time :angry:)

Chris

also, i have a problem with this style, i will post a screenshot up later - it is regarding the three buttons not showing fully once the window is maximised. i found this strange, as once before i reinstalled XP, it was perfectly fine. my resolution had not been changed, perhaps i should download this version.

perhaps

First off is there going to be a msgina.dll? Cause there's a logonui-like theme already and the theme would be more complete if there would be a msgina. Anyway this is just a suggestion.

Possibly, when I have time. I wish I could be paid for working on themes! :D Then I'd have all the free time in the world ;)

Chris

Argghh! I keep getting "Cannot find server" when trying to d/l 2.1 ! :(

But for my favorite VS, I can wait, guess I'll have to. :D

Keep up the great work !

Argghh! I keep getting "Cannot find server" when trying to d/l 2.1 ! :(

But for my favorite VS, I can wait, guess I'll have to.  :D

Keep up the great work !

Yeah, seems it's down. Must have got alot more hits than I thought I would... I thought the watercolor craze was over :laugh: It should be back eventually, unless it's maxed out, in which case it wont be :huh: I'll Start uploading to various theme sites once version 3 is finished. I just want to get this theme fully finished (shellstyles) before sending it to theme sites, because once I upload, I really dont wanna update every few bug fixes. Much easier to do that on my own server :)

BTW, anyone who wants to supply mirrors to 2.1 in the mean time is always free to do so. :)

Chris