[Official] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

16qark.jpg

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Overview:

SOCOM: Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community and clans that support it. With support for Tournaments, Clan Ladders, Leader Boards, this latest title in the multi-million unit selling franchise is exactly what SOCOM fans have been clamoring for. Additionally, players will be able to modify their appearance through facial and physical customization. A global-scale experience, SOCOM Confrontation gives players the opportunity to battle against the best and brightest from the U.S., Europe and Asia. SOCOM Confrontation deploys with five new North African themed maps, including a 32-player version of "Crossroads." Additional themed packs for SOCOM Confrontation will be made available for download via the Playstation Store

PUBLISHER: Sony Computer Entertainment

DEVELOPER: Slant Six Games

GENRE(S): Third-Person Shooter

PLAYERS: 32

ESRB RATING: M (Mature)

Features

- Ultimate 32-player online combat experience featuring stunning high-definition visuals, advanced physics, ballistics, impact and destruction modeling

- Rich interactive and destructible environments supporting multiple game types

- Full support of the SIXAXIS™ wireless controller, offering greater control

- Choice of playing as various International Special Forces

- Advanced voice communication systems and immersive audio

- Comprehensive player customization including fully featured load out, encumbrance and unique uniforms

- Up to seven different game modes are available on each map

- Advanced player matching, players can form a team with their friends and easily join an online game

- Regional combat or challenge teams from around the world

- Additional themed downloadable content packs available post launch

Media:

ve7vba.jpg

v63pfo.jpg

xqewcn.jpg

w18g2b.jpg

316t0mp.jpg

9strh2.jpg

2b5cnk.jpg

jgmp28.jpg

jgmp28.jpg

2yukch1.jpg

Reception:

SOCOM: Confrontation received mixed reviews at its North American launch as critics cited technical issues, lag, missing features that were advertised, and only seven maps. A major bug present at the game's release caused many player's systems to crash while either looking for a match or at other various points during gameplay. However most of the issues were addressed by series of game updates.

Reviews:

Game Informer: 6.0/10

Game Revolution: D+

GameSpot: 6.5/10

GamesRadar: 6.0/10

GameTrailers: 7.5/10

GameZone: 6.5/10

IGN: 4.5/10

X-Play: 2/5

Cheat Code Central: 3.7/5

GameDaily 5.0/10

PlayStation Universe:: 8.5/10

Aggregate scores

GameRankings: 65.58%

Metacritic: 63

As bolded out above, many of the issues that are mention in various reviews and ultimately the cause of the low score have been resolved in the latest patches, so don't dismiss the game on scores purely.

SOCOM.com Fan Kit:

33db7ma.jpg23i78u9.jpg33db7ma.jpg

Download File (245MB)

Fan Kit Contents:

- Audio for Explosions, UI Sounds, Weapons, & Misc Audio

- Box Art

- Game Descriptions

- Game Logos

- Screenshots

Wallpapers for SOCOM, SOCOM 2, SOCOM 3, SOCOM Combined Assault, SOCOM Fireteam Bravo, SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2, SOCOM Tactical Strike

Links:

Socom.com ( Gateway for various SOCOM related sites )

SOCOM Wikipedia Article

US Socom Forums

Alone I'm Lethal, as a team I Dominate

March 22: Thread overhaul

Edited by Sethos

Pffft, stop trying to impress us with your well laid out official topics (N)

Just joking, looking forward to this, nice work!

I think somebody is excited for this game? :D

Perhaps :shiftyninja:

I might also have caved in and ordered the DS3, Real triggers and a USB Headset :laugh:

How can u not be excited abot this game...its SOCOM!! If u aint excited abot this game u obiviously didnt play SOCOM 1 and 2 non stop on the Ps2! This could very easily be the best game on the ps3 and its a PSN game!!!!

PS if any of the americans have a spare beta code id love one :)

How can u not be excited abot this game...its SOCOM!! If u aint excited abot this game u obiviously didnt play SOCOM 1 and 2 non stop on the Ps2! This could very easily be the best game on the ps3 and its a PSN game!!!!

PS if any of the americans have a spare beta code id love one :)

Go check out the US forums, there's a code sharing thread where quite a few people are sharing codes. There was a guy earlier who was offering a few codes and I got one. I registered it and it worked, now I'm at least secured a spot. Now we just need to see what they come up with for the European Beta, bit too late to start with codes when it's starting at the same time as the US Beta.

Go check out the US forums, there's a code sharing thread where quite a few people are sharing codes. There was a guy earlier who was offering a few codes and I got one. I registered it and it worked, now I'm at least secured a spot. Now we just need to see what they come up with for the European Beta, bit too late to start with codes when it's starting at the same time as the US Beta.

I'm praying they just do a MGO with us and go **** it! give them all the beta :p

Well, there has been some hefty discussion about that on the European forums.

Slate Six have stated both Betas will be code based, but we'll see - Should have more information Monday. Here's the Beta Code thread from the US forums;

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ing&page=63

You can sign up for the 'queue', but I'd keep a close eye on the thread since most people seem to give the keys away on "Who messages me first" basis. A few pages back and there's a few guys stating they had some keys. Just be careful, my Private Message box isn't working on the forums, so tell them to send it to your Email instead.

I'm geeking out knowing that SOCOM is coming. Most of my clan from 1 & 2 is still around and we're all still in contact. Finally something is coming along that will get me off of Call of Duty! I have to admit, the videos I've seen for this game look terrible, it's not a pretty game at all. I'm still pumped though, I know it'll be fun. I just hope there are fewer BS moments this time around. I hate unloading into a guy's back only to have him turn around and shoot me in the face.

I hope the game has an option to scale the image like MSG4 and Pixel Junk does. I actually wish the system would have that setting.

A bit of solid information on the upcoming EU Beta;

Okay, I'll try all this again...

Some of you are right in that this will be a multiplayer demo and not a traditional "Public Beta". It will be Beta level code (although near-final) but we won't explicitly be taking feedback on the game itself; this is more of a PR initiative and a last chance for us to test the server infrastructure on a real-world scale.

The number of codes available runs into the tens of thousands. All registered Beta trialists should get an email containing one, as should all SOCOM HQ forum members for most of the languages. As far as I'm *currently* aware, only the Nordic territories will have a pre-order scheme, but I don't know any more details about it and I don't know who it will be with, so please don't ask me any more questions on that! In Nordic territories the chosen retailer will most likely mail-shot people using SCEE's help (and database presumably), so if you're a SOCOM fan there then you should be getting an email.

As for everyone else who doesn't fall under a category above, emails will be targetted at people who have listed SOCOM as a favourite game of theirs when filling in surveys, etc. or who have claimed themselves as fans of this genre of game. It'll all work in pretty much the same way as other email communications from SCEE, where a mail turns up in your inbox informing you of a new download or release on the PSN store.

So, as I have said before you needn't worry about getting access to the code, our Marketing group should have all bases covered and emails should be sent out on Monday 1st, which will coincide with the code going live on the PSN store (barring any unforseen technical problems before then, of course).

Regards,

Shijima.

Source

Looking forward to this game alot. Its going to be a Definate Purchase for me along with the PlayStation 2 Official BlueTooth Headset if it gets bundled together!

Loved Socom 1 & 2, 3 was abit meh for me so hoping this goes back to it's roots :)

See you at the Crossroads ;)

I never could figure out why they named some of the weapons wrong. I figured it was a translation issue or something in the originals, but this is the fourth console socom and the names are still wrong. What's up with that?

I never could figure out why they named some of the weapons wrong. I figured it was a translation issue or something in the originals, but this is the fourth console socom and the names are still wrong. What's up with that?

Legal issues, some weapon manufactures doesn't want their weapon names in the game or could be they asked too much money for it.

Quite a few games suffer from this, most just refuse to put the weapons in the game, while others just change the name - But they can only do that with the name, they are still allowed to put the design in the game and the sounds without running into any legal issues, as far as I know.

I know that's a common issue with autos in games, like the burnout and gta series, never heard of it being an issue with weapons though. Seems like a pretty weak work around though, calling a P90 an F90 and it looks identical.

I know that's a common issue with autos in games, like the burnout and gta series, never heard of it being an issue with weapons though. Seems like a pretty weak work around though, calling a P90 an F90 and it looks identical.

Isn't that a good work around, if they keep the name similar so people relate? :blink:

I mean if they can't name it P90, what should they name it? MachineGun1? :laugh:

Isn't that a good work around, if they keep the name similar so people relate? :blink:

I mean if they can't name it P90, what should they name it? MachineGun1? :laugh:

Exactly, I think it's a decent work around.

Doesen't apply well to cars though ;) Parrari, Forsche, Kamborghini

Short SOCOM Public Beta Delay

Posted by Seth Luisi

Hi folks,

Well, I've got some good and not so good news. The good news is that we are still on track to delivering a kick-ass experience come October. The bad news is that because we are working so hard to ensure the final product is fantastic, we've decided to push back the Public Beta date just a few days in order to bump up the experience even more. So, the new launch date for the Public Beta is now Friday, September 5th (QORE members will start the following Friday, September 12).

The other good news is that we are not cutting down the length of the Public Beta one bit. It will still run for a full month - from 9/5 to 10/5 - so you and your clanmates can still practice as long as you want and then be ready to go for the full game later in October.

Myself, my team and Slant Six are burning the midnight oil to ensure this game is the best it can possibly be for you guys. We completely understand it’s hard to wait when you haven't had a chance to play it yet but, rest assured, the wait will be worth it. If you haven't done it already, you can pre-order the game from GameStop? in the US to get into the Public Beta (EB Games™ for our brethren to the North). Make sure to bring along 2 extra friends once you register and get the email promo code from us; that code will let them in too. You're not going to get another Public Beta out there that will give you and your squad-mates so much access.

Best,

Seth

Source: SOCOM.com