PC Gaming

Hello everyone.

I've not been much into PC gaming, and don't really have much worthy to play anymore.

What could you suggest to me to go and get? I do not own a 3d graphics card, but, am willing to get one if you could recommend a good one to me for a good price somewhere. Here are the only games i've ever had:

Doom

Doom2

Duke Nukem 3D

Madden Football

Myst

Quake 2

Ravenloft

Robotron X

SimCity2000

SimCity3000

Quake 3 - best brainless MP shooter of all time....

Counter Strike - Strategy PLUS action...

GTA 3 (and soon GTA:Vice CIty) - Mindless fun...

Need 4 Speed Hot Pursuit 2 - Great Racing Game

Splinter Cell - See what all the hypes about...

The new SimCity is fun too, but a MAJOR tax on your system and still buggy...

Unreal Tournament 2003 (can you tell I liek the FPS's?)

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 was a blast

I am really lookign forward to Knights of the Old Republic too as I am a big fan of the old school Knights comics...

That'll get you started...I am sure there are MANY I am forgetting..

- Command & Conquer: Red Alert [Original]

- Unreal Tournament [Original]

- Command & Conquer: Generals

- Earth: 2150 (Escape From The Blue Planet)

- Duke Nukem

- Dune II [DOS]

- Age Of Mythology

- Warcraft III

- StarCraft

Just a few I enjoy.

Hello everyone.

I've not been much into PC gaming, and don't really have much worthy to play anymore.

What could you suggest to me to go and get? I do not own a 3d graphics card, but, am willing to get one if you could recommend a good one to me for a good price somewhere. Here are the only games i've ever had:

Doom

Doom2

Duke Nukem 3D

Madden Football

Myst

Quake 2

Ravenloft

Robotron X

SimCity2000

SimCity3000

Go get Roller Coaster Tycoon. Probably run that one what you have right now :D

I've been so disapointed with PC games lately, I dunno what to tell you. Warcraft III is fun.

You can always get the Age of Empires series of games u dont need to upgrade the card to play them :D

so other reccomended games are:

Red Faction ( and 2 when it comes out)

Return to Castle Wolfenstien

No one Lives Forever 2

Neverwinter Nights

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Medal of Honor: Spearhead

Dungeoun Siege

.. and lets not forget Hal-Life wit the mods ( such as TFC counter-Strike, Firearms, Day of Defeat, and Natural Selecetion)

tried not to list others listed so some of them are included also :)

I've considered System Shock 1/2 and Starcraft series :)

how are the Diablo series?

maybe Rollercoaster Tycoon....

all great games, I've heard of most, just wanted to see what the Neowin community plays.... ;)

You can always get the Age of Empires series of games u dont need to upgrade the card to play them :D

so other reccomended games are:

Red Faction ( and 2 when it comes out)

Return to Castle Wolfenstien

No one Lives Forever 2

Neverwinter Nights

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Medal of Honor: Spearhead

Dungeoun Siege

.. and lets not forget Hal-Life wit the mods ( such as TFC counter-Strike, Firearms, Day of Defeat, and Natural Selecetion)

tried not to list others listed so some of them are included also :)

I'm boycotting Red Faction 2 because they're not putting online play on it. That was the best part of the original, too :crazy:

yes, how could i forget the Grand Theft Auto games you can play on PC, how many are there? :happy:

not sure if we still have the thread (can't remember if it was around before or after we were down), but we used to have a thread about GTA mods, and what caught my interest was a mod of the DeLorean from the Back to the Future movies. :D

MAFIA is awesome!!! Maybe the best game I ever played.

Right now I have a friend of mine copying Championship Manager 4 for me, so I'm gonna play that for a couple of weeks I suppose.

Dude, if its single player experience you're looking for, the Elder Scrolls series ( Morrowind, Tribunal and its predecessors ) have probably got the most open gameplay short of Sim games as yet...

Unfortunately, to run Morrowind, you would have to get a new graphics card.. heck, my Ti4200 lags on Morrowind...

• 3 weeks later...

Truthfully I would think you would need to post system specs before you ask what games to go get. Most of the games listed here need at least a P3 733mhz, 512mb ram,and a decent graphics card with at least 64mb ram on it. You wouldnt want to go buy an @$$ load of new games and then take them home and not be able to do anything with them.

Truthfully I would think you would need to post system specs before you ask what games to go get. Most of the games listed here need at least a P3 733mhz, 512mb ram,and a decent graphics card with at least 64mb ram on it. You wouldnt want to go buy an @$$ load of new games and then take them home and not be able to do anything with them.

hp pavilion 512n

windowsme (soon going to switch to win2kpro sp3)

1.4 ghz

128 mb ram (yes, plan to eventually upgrade, i haven't had this pc for very long yet)

hp pavilion 512n

windowsme (soon going to switch to win2kpro sp3)

1.4 ghz

128 mb ram (yes, plan to eventually upgrade, i haven't had this pc for very long yet)

um..graphics card? hope you aren't planning on running anything new with an onboard intel video chip... :x If you want to enjoy the new stuff, you need to at LEAST get a 4200 if you want to play any new games past 10 fps.. also, ya need lotsa ram. otherwise, stay old school when getting games. Quake 2, Sof 1, Deus Ex, Undying, and others are still really fun games (hell, I replay all of them just cuz I can crank up antialiasing at high rez, oh wait, I do that on new games too :p ) :happy: anyways..upgrade your video card before you get anything out there, it's the foremost upgrade you MUST make, then for god sake get some more ram...then you should be ok.

thanks for that, man! (Y)

i didn't purchase this computer myself, it was a gift. i haven't had it long either, just since last september. so i haven't had a chance to really get to upgrading anything yet. so it only has whatever hp stuck in it and that's about it. :blush:

in fact, i only recently purchased a second hard drive for it. :omg:

off topic, they gotta fix that e-mail notification problem soon. i know i tracked this. i had alsmot forgottn about this topic if it wasn't for the revival post by "undeadgothslave" :rolleyes: