Neowin Gamers Index

Nice one, Ste! This is a great idea!

I've put all my nicknames in (Steam, XBL, PSN, Wii, the lot). Seems I'm the first person to put in a Wii Code! :D

Nice work guys, neat tool.

Any chance this could make it's way to the main site, so our tags can appear in our user profiles?

Also, will anyone be entering all the tags we've put together in the official threads over the years? Quite a task :laugh:

I nominate Audioboxer.

I think it'd be fine without having the tags appearing on our profiles, but if it got added onto the main site that would be great :)

pretty flipping sweet idea

any plans of moving it to a desktop app in the future?

nope,

reason: i cannot code for desktops :p

unless someone wanted to tho

• 3 weeks later...
nope,

reason: i cannot code for desktops :p

unless someone wanted to tho

You could probably pull it off using AIR, since that's more like coding for the web than coding for desktops.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome solution to the community gamertag list problem! Now if only we could see who's online! I'm always looking for people to play co-op etc with but I cbf adding all these people to my friends list! :p I'm surprised Microsoft still hasn't added some kind of a community system into Live.

Awesome solution to the community gamertag list problem! Now if only we could see who's online! I'm always looking for people to play co-op etc with but I cbf adding all these people to my friends list! :p I'm surprised Microsoft still hasn't added some kind of a community system into Live.

oooh that would be nice... very nice indeed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am proud to announce a new tool, created by Ste, that allows us to index gamertags, PSN IDs, Steam IDs, and Wii console numbers. It uses the Neowin External Login Tool, and lets you to enter in your information as well as browse the tags of any other members that have entered theirs. This is extremely useful, and I'm very grateful that Ste has done this for us. Please show him your appreciation as well :yes:

Neowin Gamers Index

So get to it!

Once we have a large amount of members in that database, I think it's safe to say that we will be able to get rid of the existing index threads in their respective forums. This should make managing and browsing the information much easier.

I've added people on there that I recognise, only to find they live on the other side of the world, making ping a major issue. How about added another column entitled' Country' ?