Installing Daemon Tools on Windows 7

Virtual CloneDrive beta works fine...

just finished to install VS.NET 2008 and SQL 2008 out of iso files...

the only issue is that after install you need to reboot before it start working (but the software doesn't tell you that)

I just use WinRAR to extract ISO images, and I don't buy games that require you to leave the disc in the drive. (Steam/GameTap FTW) :)

Or....you guys could all use a stable OS (Like Vista, or XP), rather than that copy of Windows 7 you torrented.

Windows 7 is available from Microsoft. Where have you been? And this is the Windows 7 BETA forum, so nobody's expecting it to work 100%, they're reporting issues with it.

How about Alcohol 52%? If you want to simulate AND burn CDs, get Alcohol 120%.

Can anyone confirm Alcohol 52% as working? :)

I think Alcohol uses the SPTD as well, so if it's not working in DT it probably won't work with Alcohol.

I can confirm Alcohol52 does NOT work work with win7....they even posted that on the forum pages for Alcohol52.

I had Win 7 ( build 7000 X64) on this machine and Virtual Clone CD installed ok, but I was having lots of freezing and crashing issues, so I blew the install away and downed the 32 bit one from MS...

It worked just fine until I installed VCD on it then it went to hell too, only it wouldn't work either... It wouldn't uninstall, but I was successful at doing a system restore.

There is nothing wrong with Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools, the programs work fine it's just the SPTD driver that cannot be installed.

Anyone tryed installing x64Bit SPTD driver then trying to install Daemon tools, i'm pretty sure that will work.

http://www.duplexsecure.com/download/SPTDinst-v156-x64.exe

Give it a try, but make sure you install Daemon in Compat mode.

There is nothing wrong with Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools, the programs work fine it's just the SPTD driver that cannot be installed.

Anyone tryed installing x64Bit SPTD driver then trying to install Daemon tools, i'm pretty sure that will work.

http://www.duplexsecure.com/download/SPTDinst-v156-x64.exe

Give it a try, but make sure you install Daemon in Compat mode.

It won't work. SPTD still says it's not installed after the restart.

I can also confirm that MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM fails to mount ISO images on my system, too.

King mustard you have something wrong with your setup then, PowerISO works perfectly.

King mustard you have something wrong with your setup then, PowerISO works perfectly.

It's a clean Windows 7 installation, so it's not. I am using the 64-bit version of Windows 7, if that helps the case.

In fact, MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM has royally knackered the system. After un-installing and restarting, Computer locks up (I presume as it checks the virtual drive, which is clearly now corrupt) and nor do anything that require any drives (PowerDVD etc.) (they lock up too). Un-installing the virtual drive using Device Manager locks the system so that it won't even log off/restart and un-installing the virtual drive in safe mode using Device Manager works, only for it to end up 'finding new device drivers' for it again when you restart and the whole problem re-starts.

EDIT: Disabling the device in safe mode rather than un-installing it seems to fix the problem, although it's not an ideal solution.

Edited by King Mustard

There is one old version odf Daemon that works...

ver. 3.17

(run as administrator)

Download

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/downloa...Download&id=23

this old version of daemon do not have the SPTD drivers...

BUT... there's a problem

this daemon old version works very well but...

my windows alert me about activation problems...

and my activation was gone and i could not activate again... just keep showing error...

the other problem is that i could not uninstall from Seven... i culd only remove this by System Restore...

i just can't believe this...

i think this is a minor problem and easy to resolve...

so, i'm posting here for you experts solve this issue...

There is one old version odf Daemon that works...

ver. 3.17

(run as administrator)

Download

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/downloa...Download&id=23

this old version of daemon do not have the SPTD drivers...

BUT... there's a problem

this daemon old version works very well but...

my windows alert me about activation problems...

and my activation was gone and i could not activate again... just keep showing error...

the other problem is that i could not uninstall from Seven... i culd only remove this by System Restore...

i just can't believe this...

i think this is a minor problem and easy to resolve...

so, i'm posting here for you experts solve this issue...

The old version will work but why would you use it, it won't work with todays Securrom version of games.

• 2 months later...

I tried Virtual Clone drive but it crashes my system. When I bring my pc out of sleep, it crashes and WMP don't work. I have to restart my PC to get it working so I suspect VCD is the problem because i reinstalled and now don't have the problem.

The old version will work but why would you use it, it won't work with todays Securrom version of games.

Because not everyone uses Daemon Tools just to play pirated copies of games...